Dawson Knox - First ever TE option pass for TD

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Follow me on this...Dawson Knox, 6’ 4” TE, quick, agile, and........and a QB. Yes, Knox was a highly touted high school QB. 

So far, Daboll has had John Brown and Cole Beasley throw TD passes. 

Enter...the curly haired freak with jello hands (sometimes sticky and sometimes fluid). BUT - Knox WILL throw a TD pass this season. Daboll and I are on the same page here (my record here is replete with confirmatory suggestions). 

My prediction: Steelers game. At Steelers 28 Yd line. Knox goes in motion out wide right. Beasley slot. Diggs wide left. Singletary back. Play action to Devin. Allen throws to Knox behind line of scrimmage...

50/50 chance that play ends with a patented Knox-sized lapse in concentration and a live ball recovered by the defense, which is probably why we haven’t seen it. 

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Follow me on this...Dawson Knox, 6’ 4” TE, quick, agile, and........and a QB. Yes, Knox was a highly touted high school QB. 

Enter...the curly haired freak with jello hands (sometimes sticky and sometimes fluid). BUT - Knox WILL throw a TD pass this season. Daboll and I are on the same page here (my record here is replete with confirmatory suggestions). 

My prediction: Steelers game. At Steelers 28 Yd line. Knox goes in motion out wide right. Beasley slot. Diggs wide left. Singletary back. Play action to Devin. Allen throws to Knox behind line of scrimmage. Diggs takes post route. Knox tosses beauty to Diggs. 6 pts. 

If not Steelers, then Pats. $2 says it happens this season. Daboll loves using players’ talents. Ya know what I’m sayin?

Rumor has it that you are not good for the $2.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure he's a high school quarterback

calling him a highly touted one when he had no scholarships to play quarterback is kind of a stretch

Plus, a whole bunch of NFL players were QBs when they were kids, since at that level, the best athlete on the team is going to be the QB. 

11 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

My prediction: Steelers game. At Steelers 28 Yd line. Knox goes in motion out wide right. Beasley slot. Diggs wide left. Singletary back. Play action to Devin. Allen throws to Knox behind line of scrimmage. Diggs takes post route. Knox tosses beauty to Diggs. 6 pts. 

maybe you should change your name to @BringBackNostradamus

😝 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Josh Allen had one scholarship. One. 

Because... wait for it....he wasn't a highly touted HS QB!

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

Plus, a whole bunch of NFL players were QBs when they were kids, since at that level, the best athlete on the team is going to be the QB. 

Exactly.  When Micah Hyde walks on the field at offense, I know what I'm expecting.

14 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

If not Steelers, then Pats. $2 says it happens this season. Daboll loves using players’ talents. Ya know what I’m sayin?

I'm a fan of Knox and feel he still can become a very good TE in the league.

Having said that the one part that would make me nervous abut this play is, does Knox catch it?  That's a live ball if he drops it.  Think I'd suggest getting a few more weeks of improved play from Knox, then save this one for the playoffs.

2 hours ago, loedward22 said:

Logan Thomas might beat him to it.  I believe Thomas has passed for TDs while playing QB, but not yet as a TE.  This was the closest to it.

Logan Thomas is making it hard for me to root against Washington.

I guess part of it is I met him at by bar and he and wife are nice people.

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Rumor has it that you are not good for the $2.

IT’S A TRAP! 

There is a loophole in there somewhere and he’s going to bill you at $200/hours to defend himself when he wins in court and you try to collect. He’ll inflate his hours and demand you pay his fees. Probably hits happy hour daily with his cousin the judge. I’m not taking THAT bet! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

While we’re at it...

Bills offense comes out in a traditional 3x1 trey tight, with Knox the end man on the LoS. HOWEVER, Dion reports as eligible when suddenly, BAM...Knox shifts back to the H position leaving Dawkins on the edge.

Meanwhile, in the 3x1 set (From the boundary, Diggs, Davis, Beasley), the 3rd receiver (Cole) is technically ineligible and must be covered up by the number 2 (Davis) so we have the required 7 on the LOS.

On the snap, Allen takes the ball and runs QB power left towards Dawkins. Knox wheels around behind Allen where he flips the rock to Dawson working towards the 3 WR set. He stops, and throws back to our boy Dion who is waiting with his lead blocker Cole Beasley who snuck behind the LoS on the snap. 

Automatic six. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1