Would a win Sunday be the biggest win in recent memory?

If we beat the Steelers it will be the biggest win... but then...

If we beat the Broncos on saturday and get to the #2 seeed it will be the biggest win... but then...

If we beat the Pats on MNF to sweep them for the first time in forever it will be the biggest win... but then...

If we beat Miami week 17 to get us to the #1 seed and/or knock them out and/or win the division it will be the biggest win... but then...

Playoffs

Basically every win here on out will be special and HUGE

• Like (+1) 5

I would say Yes.  I understand why some people are downplaying it as just another game but the way I see it as this team keeps growing the expectations keep rising.  Just coming off a big win on a National Primetime game last week with a 9-3 record playing against the Mighty Pittsburgh Steelers who except for last year have had our number since the Kelly years.  This is absolutely an important game for the Bills to win because it would signify the Bills have arrived and can be counted on to win these bigger games.  No more moral victories.  That is out the window now.  Obviously the playoff games to follow this year will be bigger but at this moment I would have to say this would absolutely be the Bills biggest win in recent memory topping the Dallas and Pittsburgh games last year.  Don't even bring the Baltimore-Cincy game to the table.  It was nice the drought was broke but at the end of the day that was a 9-7 team that lucked into the playoffs.  This time around the Bills are a legitimate team on the rise with the foundation in place of guys that are going to be here for a long time.  We are in the driver seat of our destiny, no more worrying about how things fall into place so we can sneak out of the Hunt and into the wildcard. 

“World War 2 was a must win.” Marv Levy quoting Winston Churchill.

”It’s hard to win in the NFL.” Dick Jauron / Sean McD

“I got a feeling, Buffalo’s going to the Super Bowl.” Bills Mafia. 

Yes. This would be the biggest win in recent history. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

At the beginning of the season we had 4 games scheduled against teams that were considered to be SB contenders in KC, Seattle, San Fran and Pittsburgh.  So far we're 2-1 in those games with the caveat that we didn't get the 49ers' SB capable roster (on the other hand the Rams are now considered a contender and we beat them too so...) 

In other words you won't catch me fretting over a loss on Sunday but a win would be enormous.

Frankly I think we already played the most important game of the season against Seattle.  We were 2-2 in the previous 4 games with less than convincing wins over the Pats and Jets and the narrative of a season that might go south vanished after we pounded on them.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I very well could be. That B word stung. Still feels like yesterday. 

I agree. The main reason why I remember the year is I still vividly remember sitting in a Bar in Omaha, where is was stationed at the time, watching in utter disbelief.

On 12/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, thetaxicabdriver said:

If the bills beat Pitt on Sunday and get to within 1 game of the # 2 seed and 2 games within the #1 seed, could the argument be made that it would be the biggest win in the last 20 years? Beating the top team in the league, and really cementing their place in the AFC Hierarchy? What victories would y'all put ahead of it? 

I thought the win in Pittsburg last year was a big win.

20 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Last year beating Dallas on Thanksgiving was pretty damn cool. We finally got some national attention. This year we beat the mighty Russ Seahawks and made their mvp look silly. Last week we watch the spread jump from -3 to + 1.5. Nobody liked us against the Niner defense.  After we dismantle the Steelers how can the remaining doubters possibly funtion? How do they sleep at night knowing they were all wrong about the kid from Wyoming......

Nicely said! 

21 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

I've never understood the infatuation of this win. Sure, it was exciting, but overall,  the Ravens went 9-7 that season. 

Why are people only drooling over the BuNgLeS, yet none of the other teams that beat the Ravens that season? 

I mean, each loss dealt to the Ravens that season matters just as much as that last minute win by the BuNgLeS. 

why ? Timing.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

yahoo is your friend as is the NBC sports App 

The NBC Sports app loads fine on my iPad, and we’ve put a bunch of apps on the new TV, but we can’t get the NBC Sports app to load on the TV. Strange!

I admittedly suck at this stuff, but the wife is pretty savvy. The plan is to put it on her laptop tomorrow and hook up to the 65” TV, which would beat watching on the iPad, going to a crowded bar (no thanks, if I can avoid it),  or driving to my son’s place about 18 minutes away, which then means driving home and I’d prefer a beverage or seven. Maybe the wife will be excited to see our son and his bride so she’ll drive, but he’s resigning the next day to take a new job and I hate to be at his place late(ish) on a “school night” for both of them.  The wife is a morning person and crashes quite early. 

On 12/11/2020 at 7:27 PM, Sharky7337 said:

I think so we haven't showed that we can beat other top afc teams yet.

The media will stop calling the steelers a top team if we beat them lol even if we win out the big question will be 'yea but can they beat the chiefs?' and no one will pick us in that matchup 🤣 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Yeah.  We were in a similar position last year against the Ravens at home (same record at 9-3 coming off a prime time win, same god awful all red uniform choice) and came up a little short.  This would show we're able to take the next step. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2020 at 7:17 PM, Augie said:

Biggest win? Only if I can see it. TEGNA has blocked my viewing of NBC, and if I can’t see it, it doesn’t count! (See that thread - hoping the NBC Sports app works out) 

They sure picked a lousy game to mess with Bills fans!!!

I don’t know what’s going on with Tegna, but CBS is blocked down here in FL.  These organizations need to get their head out of their arses as people will switch providers.

As far as the Steelers, we’ll if we win, sure, but a KC win this year would have been even better.  Like The Rolling Stones said, “Tou can’t always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need”.  For the young crew, that’s a band from before you’re born, and still touring in rockers.

Any signature win against a top Conference opponent would be he biggest win in recent memory... mainly because I can't think of any in recent memory.

The Bills have always fallen short when it comes to the elite AFC teams. If we beat Pitt, it'll be the biggest for sure. Not only because we beat a top-tier opponent, but because we're in the playoff hunt atop our own division while doing so. 

After the 1999-2000 seasons, it took us until 2017-2018 to make the playoffs again (with a little help). So starting with that season, we beat the 10-6 Chiefs during the regular season, but also lost to the Patriots twice and the Jags in the playoffs.

In 2019-2020, we lost to the Pats twice, the Ravens, and the Texans in the playoffs, but did beat a Tannehill-less Titans early in the season. 

The Steelers are a late game Conference rival headed to the playoffs. Easily our biggest in the Bills playoff era :)

1 Mon September 14 7:15PM ET boxscore W   1-0 @ New York Giants 26 16 19 349 208 141 1 20 291 262 29 2 13.20 6.06 -5.36
2 Sun September 20 1:00PM ET boxscore W   2-0   Denver Broncos 26 21 19 410 301 109 2 23 319 215 104 2 -0.36 6.02 3.90
3 Sun September 27 1:00PM ET boxscore W   3-0   Houston Texans 28 21 25 387 218 169   13 260 231 29 1 15.39 -4.41 -2.08
4                 Bye Week                              
5 Sun October 11 1:00PM ET boxscore W   4-0   Philadelphia Eagles 38 29 25 367 231 136 1 20 336 242 94 2 20.16 -14.47 3.43
6 Sun October 18 1:00PM ET boxscore W   5-0   Cleveland Browns 38 7 18 277 148 129   12 220 145 75 2 6.99 22.96 0.58
7 Sun October 25 1:00PM ET boxscore W   6-0 @ Tennessee Titans 27 24 23 362 268 94 3 15 292 210 82   6.70 -6.99 3.88
8 Sun November 1 1:00PM ET boxscore W   7-0 @ Baltimore Ravens 28 24 19 221 173 48 1 25 457 192 265 4 4.67 -3.94 -0.54
9 Sun November 8 4:25PM ET boxscore W   8-0 @ Dallas Cowboys 24 19 20 355 309 46   19 364 220 144 2 4.51 3.09 -5.60
10 Sun November 15 4:25PM ET boxscore W   9-0   Cincinnati Bengals 36 10 22 377 333 44   16 324 185 139 2 7.92 10.97 -0.05
11 Sun November 22 1:00PM ET boxscore W   10-0 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 27 3 23 373 267 106 1 14 206 133 73 4 11.97 22.20 -5.91
12 Wed December 2 3:40PM ET boxscore W   11-0   Baltimore Ravens 19 14 22 334 266 68 2 10 219 90 129 2 2.03 12.11 -10.71
13 Mon December 7 5:00PM ET boxscore L   11-1   Washington Football Team 17 23 17 326 305 21 1 18 318 273 45   -5.70 7.02 -3.99

the steelers have the ravens number and have swept them.  they also beat the browns before they found themselves and a narrow win over the titans.  

other than that not much.....  

big game for the Bills yes, but maybe the Steelers aren't that great.  

On 12/11/2020 at 6:52 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

My only concern about this game, is Allen's knee/ankle being a target of that defense. The Steeler's 'leveled the playing field' by knocking Don Beebe unconscious, after he torched the Steeler's 'D', in the previous contest. (52-34)

A significant number of the players in todays game were not even born when this occurred. 

This is the thing with Bills fan, they have saw a low view of themslevs 9and the team).

It's time the Bills play the game as if they are the better team.  All year there've been people questioning the Steelers and of all the NFL teams that were 11-0, Steelers were ranked 17th of 18.

They are certainly a very good team, but so are the Bills.  Bills are home and they have a much more explosive offense.

If they go out there and as I've said before ascert themselves they should win.

So no not the biggest win.  It is a win I expect. 

In the microwave society it will be. 

you hear words like 

Statement Game

or hear something like

Win and you will join the Elite ranks. 

High stakes - Win and clinch with 3 remaining games. DENVER, NE**** and Miami 

Funny thing...... was to a statement game for the WFT?