Would a win Sunday be the biggest win in recent memory?

If the bills beat Pitt on Sunday and get to within 1 game of the # 2 seed and 2 games within the #1 seed, could the argument be made that it would be the biggest win in the last 20 years? Beating the top team in the league, and really cementing their place in the AFC Hierarchy? What victories would y'all put ahead of it? 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, thetaxicabdriver said:

If the bills beat Pitt on Sunday and get to within 1 game of the # 2 seed and 2 games within the #1 seed, could the argument be made that it would be the biggest win in the last 20 years? Beating the top team in the league, and really cementing their place in the AFC Hierarchy? What victories would y'all put ahead of it? 

Probably Cincinnati beating the Ravens would top this. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Since recent memory is of a losing team, technically the OP's question could be answered yes, but realistically, the answer is a regular season game when the team is 9-3 really isn't a big win.  Big wins come in the post-season. 

I would agree.  A win in prime time would be nice, but unless a number of things go right we probably won’t clinch the playoffs or the division 

14 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I would agree.  A win in prime time would be nice, but unless a number of things go right we probably won’t clinch the playoffs or the division 

I am no playoff mathematician, but in playing with the playoff machine on espn, I think we clinch with a win and a Ravens loss. If we don’t clinch, it’s all but losing out and a million other things falling into place. 

14 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

My only concern about this game, is Allen's knee/ankle being a target of that defense. The Steeler's 'leveled the playing field' by knocking Don Beebe unconscious, after he torched the Steeler's 'D', in the previous contest. (52-34)

y also killed Carson palmer career in playoff game hitting his knees. 

• Like (+1) 1

This game should provide a lot of legitimacy. The Bills are still being second guessed. If they lose, everyone says, they are a good team, just not legit. Beat Pittsburgh and everyone says, they are a team to contend for a championship.

Pittsburgh is beatable... Buffalo just needs to get pressure on Roethlisberger.... 

• Like (+1) 2

Biggest win? Only if I can see it. TEGNA has blocked my viewing of NBC, and if I can’t see it, it doesn’t count! (See that thread - hoping the NBC Sports app works out) 

They sure picked a lousy game to mess with Bills fans!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am no playoff mathematician, but in playing with the playoff machine on espn, I think we clinch with a win and a Ravens loss. If we don’t clinch, it’s all but losing out and a million other things falling into place. 

I think there were 4 scenarios that need to play out.  Raves loss, Miami loss, Indy win and a Patriot loss.  1 of 4 down.  Still need a lot of help to clich on Sunday

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

It would go a long way in earning respect and getting rid of the "same old Bills" moniker

Didn't they say the same last year when we defeated them in their back yard...only to be crucified the following week on our loss to the Patriots...   The pundits are always going to be wishy washy of us.   It is a consistency thing

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Didn't they say the same last year when we defeated them in their back yard...only to be crucified the following week on our loss to the Patriots...   The pundits are always going to be wishy washy of us.   It is a consistency thing

We defeated a beat up team with a dude name Duck as the QB last year.  We're going against an 11-1 healthy team this year. Much different litmus test.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thetaxicabdriver said:

I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a game.  Normally I am blue on Sunday evenings as it signals the end of the weekend.  Not this time.

And yes,  this will be the signature win for this team but for the reasons in the latter part of your post.