Per ESPN Get Up: Bills best bet to knock off KC?

BisonMan

We are a very different team than we were back then.  

On Offense, we’ve now seen everything that can be thrown at us and have adjusted our offense for when Brown isn’t out there.  

On Defense, we were inexplicably bad those first 6 weeks. We’re now healthy and look to be the defense most of us were expecting.   We’ve figured out how to defend the run and don’t have the walking wounded at LB.  

Edited by SCBills

My concern is during that game it seemed like KC was content to just run the ball down our throats.  We never really got to see the full offense with the aerial firepower mixed in with the run.  It's hard to stop, you can only hope to slow it down.  I wouldn't get too presumptuous about our ability to beat them in the playoffs, when they for sure will bring their A game.

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

If Allen and the Bills are on their game they can beat anyone, KC included. The next 10 years could well boil down to Allen vs Mahomes.

You can take that to the bank. We're going to see these 2 go head to head every other year in the AFC Championship game. Let Beane keep the cupboard full on offense and McD can keep tweeking his defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

I think Buffalo can and did have a good plan for them but it really comes down to “containing” Mahomes just enough. Unfortunately the guy is like immune to having really bad games. This happens when you play a walking hall of famer. But you know what? Let’s hope we get to find out if they can get it done!

KC and other good teams have the best footprint to beat the Bills defense.  KC did it, the Titans did it..It requires them to have a good/great RB.

The Bills clearly don't have the up front personnel to stop the run.  If you try to stop or limit the QB, then the Bills  can't stop the run.   If the Bills add an extra man on the box to stop the run, then the good/great QBs take advantage and dink/dunk their way like KC and Titans did.  We had no answers for them. 

We need a run stopping front four that can give a chance to  Edmunds/Klein/Milano

47 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

We dropped 3 of our last 4 games at the last quarter of the 2019 season...

The Jets game was our backups

The Patriots loss was heart breaking -  Allen had them winning the game in the 4th Quarter...Our D couldn't stop Brady

The Ravens loss was troublesome.  We gave too many easy plays.  Yet we were One drop from the verge of tying the game.

11 hours ago, Wilton Bills said:

Lets put the brakes on...how about we finish the season and see who we play in our first game of the playoffs and go from there. 

Wilton, you haven't been around this board very long, have you?   These guys usually put all this hype out there riiiight before a signature loss.   Same rap from this board right before getting run over by the Titans.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We were a fumble recovery away from winning that game.

Bingo....many forget that play. I know I did until you mentioned it. I remember screaming “BALL”! That was the middle of the fourth quarter around their 35 yard line or so?  At least in my dream, right? We score from there and we win.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Also ESPN - 

Ok. You can argue Russ,Rodgers, Watson n of course Mahomes. But Ben and Murray? 😂. Straight Clowns...

20201211_184548.jpg

The way the question should have been asked to eliminate talking heads picking teams they played for:

Which team which you did not play for will and likely make playoffs has best chance of beating Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Entertaining segment on which team is most likely to beat the Chiefs and our boys get some love.

some good stats to back it up as well...

KC can be beat. It’s about

1. ball control and control possession time

2. limit scoring to FGs

3 win turnover and drive start position battle 

4 limit their big play scoring. Ifyou limit thrm to runs and short passes and limit yac Thrn you can get them in 3rd and longs on drives where probability says they will fail thus forcing punts or FG att.

in the raider loss. Game tied at half.  Second half raiders got scoring drives while KC punt/turnover building a 2 score lead.  Each team caused a turnover getting a TD out of it.  Raiders scored on more of its drives as TDs.

who can beat KC in the playoffs....

Raiders already did it

Buffalo could have ifthey executed some plays. Missed FG, failed to force a FG on a long 3rd snd goal, failed stopping a 4th and short. They also gave up some 3rd and longs for 1st when they could have stopped drives.

Browns have the offense but they have been inconsistent.

Steelers... I think they are overrated. They can beat KC but thry need a big D performance. Offensively the Steelers don’t have a running game and don’t have a long passing game.

Ravens...they played thrm close but gave up a few too many plays,

Colts...Rivers knows KC really well.  They have a good shot.

Titans...they can but they need D playing a very good game.

Fins...see how they do tomorrow as a measuring stick.  They have a very good D.  I am not sold yet on Tua at QB being an offense driver. I think Fitz is more proven in the passing game to make their offense better.

19 hours ago, The Wiz said:

DISCLAIMER: here come some excuses

When they played the Chiefs this year, Allen was hurt and were coming off a COVID rearranged schedule.  They also limited Mahomes on defense in that game honestly.  If the offense was similar to the SF game I think we would have beat them.

Come on. So many variables. So if KC didn’t have pat mahomes, Travis Kelce, and Mathieu (their best defensive player), do we beat them? Of course.  

if Allen is hot, they certainly can play with anyone. I think KC kinda plays to their opponent but I think they can just turn it on whenever they need to because they have a legend at qb.  But it would be great to see how we match up again. 

46 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

4 games left in the regular season plenty will change but as of now the temperature check is that the Bills are the toughest matchup for KC. Right now the Bills just need to focus on winning the division. Get that round 1 playoff game and worry about the rest later.

Agreed. It's looks like the Bills will be the 2nd or 3rd seed at this point, especially if they win tomorrow against Pittsburgh. That sets them up for a rematch with Pittsburgh in the divisional round presuming both win their 1st round games. The Bills wouldn't get to play the Chiefs until the AFC Championship game but there are a lot of "ifs" that predicate that. If they are playing well enough to get that far, I'd like their chances against KC even more. 

Edited by BisonMan

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bingo....many forget that play. I know I did until you mentioned it. I remember screaming “BALL”! That was the middle of the fourth quarter around their 35 yard line or so?  At least in my dream, right? We score from there and we win.

Also, Bass missed a FG that day or it would have been 1 possession game at the end. He's improved his kicking accuracy quite a bit since then. Allen's shoulder was causing him to sail passes too far. If he's healthy, the Bills can beat anyone.

7 hours ago, djp14150 said:

KC can be beat. It’s about

1. ball control and control possession time

2. limit scoring to FGs

3 win turnover and drive start position battle 

4 limit their big play scoring. Ifyou limit thrm to runs and short passes and limit yac Thrn you can get them in 3rd and longs on drives where probability says they will fail thus forcing punts or FG att.

5. Break Mahomes' throwing arm in 3 places.

Edited by Joe Ferguson

I’m focused on Pittsburgh. This kind of talk is nice but we were one Joey Bosa sack away from Matt Barkley. Let’s be real we take this one game at a time. Can we beat the Steelers? Yes. And we will know more in 27 hours. Can we beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead? That’s hopefully 6 games from now. A lot can happen between then and now.