Per ESPN Get Up: Bills best bet to knock off KC?

BisonMan

I think Buffalo can and did have a good plan for them but it really comes down to “containing” Mahomes just enough. Unfortunately the guy is like immune to having really bad games. This happens when you play a walking hall of famer. But you know what? Let’s hope we get to find out if they can get it done!

• Like (+1) 2

DISCLAIMER: here come some excuses

When they played the Chiefs this year, Allen was hurt and were coming off a COVID rearranged schedule.  They also limited Mahomes on defense in that game honestly.  If the offense was similar to the SF game I think we would have beat them.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

When they played the Chiefs this year, Allen was hurt and were coming off a COVID rearranged schedule.  They also limited Mahomes on defense in that game honestly.  If the offense was similar to the SF game I think we would have beat them.

KC was also the first team to really deploy a lot of dropped defenders to slow Allen down. It took them a little while to adjust to that. How did that work for SF?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

KC was also the first team to really deploy a lot of dropped defenders to slow Allen down. It took them a little while to adjust to that. How did that work for SF?

Which is a great point and was pointed out in an interview with Greg Cosell on two bills live.  More teams started playing zone against Allen and it took him a few games to adjust but he thinks that he's able to beat either type of defense now.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Don't forget the inclement weather. 😏

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

***** that. If they can't handle bad weather they should ask for a trade to the west coast or south. 

You're entitled to feel that way if you wish but the fact remains that this team as currently constructed is not a "bad weather" team. Sure Josh has an arm that can cut through a Cat 5 but that's about it.

If there is one knock you can put on this regime is their lack of attention to the run game. This is a fast track offense that has thrived in good weather and climate controlled environments. Not being able to run will hurt in the post season especially if we draw Cleveland or Tennessee mainly because we can't run or stop it and they can.

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

You're entitled to feel that way if you wish but the fact remains that this team as currently constructed is not a "bad weather" team. Sure Josh has an arm that can cut through a Cat 5 but that's about it.

If there is one knock you can put on this regime is their lack of attention to the run game. This is a fast track offense that has thrived in good weather and climate controlled environments. Not being able to run will hurt in the post season especially if we draw Cleveland or Tennessee mainly because we can't run or stop it and they can.

Well they are getting better at stopping it at least. 

As I said in another thread, the oline is really built for pass protection and not run which is why we can't run the ball.  

Hopefully with Winters finally out exegetical some good blocking but I feel like that is why we use the Jet sweep so much to make sure the defense is making sure they stay spread out. 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

This is where I am at. I have been hard when Josh has a bad game. I’ve said “if he does this he’s an anomaly”, but he’s done it and he is. 

That was a wild week in game planning. This version of the defense and the offense can go toe to toe with KC. No questions asked. If Josh is on and we have the good version of our defense it is a very real football game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

I think Buffalo can and did have a good plan for them but it really comes down to “containing” Mahomes just enough. Unfortunately the guy is like immune to having really bad games. This happens when you play a walking hall of famer. But you know what? Let’s hope we get to find out if they can get it done!

Kelce causes So many issues for defenses and then you got a very good WR corps. It's tough. Gotta win the turnover battle!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

“Contain” and don’t turn the ball over. 

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

We were a fumble recovery away from winning that game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1