Many Pat fans believe P Jake Bailey is team's best player...sounds familiar?

Big Turk

That was totally on my mind last night.  It was almost Bledsoe-era Bills - fans wanting to believe a former #1 pick could save the team, and the punter being the best player on the field.

Combine that w/ Josh being the best QB from his draft class and the Bills being a D-lineman or 2 away from being a juggernaut, and these are really good times.

Just now, Doc said:

Signing Fitz would just be spinning their wheels.  Who else?

Stafford, Darnold, Dalton, Garapollo, Ryan, Wentz......all names that have been rumored of having a new destination next year. We saw some big name QB’s change teams this past off-season. I think we will see it again for next year.

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That guy is pretty good though.

But still...he's no Brian Moorman!

Brian Moorman was a good enough athlete that if he trained he probably could have been a DB.

I have not seen him catching a ball but he had good size, speed and could tackle well.

45 minutes ago, Beast said:

Stafford, Darnold, Dalton, Garapollo, Ryan, Wentz......all names that have been rumored of having a new destination next year. We saw some big name QB’s change teams this past off-season. I think we will see it again for next year.

Stafford, Ryan (who I seriously doubt is being talked about as being released) and Wentz can't be released after this season because it will kill their teams' caps, while Stafford has been a losing QB and Wentz is garbage now.  And while I love Dalton, he's no longer any good and is struggling with a stacked offense in Dallas.  Garropolo is a possibility but without a better option in place, I can't see the 49'ers releasing him, while several other teams might be in play and willing to offer more.

Edited by Doc

5 hours ago, MJS said:

I feel like JC Jackson is better than Gilmore this year. Or maybe Gilmore isn't putting in the effort.

I can't disagree.  Gilmore has been hurt for the last few weeks which may be impacting his play.  He may also be making a business decision to avoid more serious injuries.  He has had a front row seat at practice to see how bad their offense is and realizes that they are just playing out the string this year.

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Oh how the mighty have fallen...while I think it's a little ridiculous when you have Gilmore, JC Jackson and McCourty on the team, it is pretty hilarious to see Pat fans talk up their punter...

Brings back so many years of memories with Brian Moorman during the peak of the drought years...

https://sports.yahoo.com/jake-bailey-patriots-best-player-040543905.html

Sucks having that conversation but we were there for years. I don’t think anyone will feel sorry for Pats fans. This year I barely remember seeing our punter, that’s the way I like.

49 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I can't disagree.  Gilmore has been hurt for the last few weeks which may be impacting his play.  He may also be making a business decision to avoid more serious injuries.  He has had a front row seat at practice to see how bad their offense is and realizes that they are just playing out the string this year.

And he already has a propensity to do that. He is a me-first player.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Beast said:

If you think the Patriots will employ a QB that throws 5 TD passes through three quarters of the season next year I have a bridge to sell you.

I’m not quite sure what you are trying to say here. You suggested that the reason the Patsies are down this year is due to Covid lockouts. I said the real reason was them losing Brady, not Covid, and this is a permanent loss.

I don’t see anyone on their Covid opt out list that would’ve made much of a difference. As for lockouts, Cam missed one game, but the issue is he really isn’t that good anymore, Covid or no Covid. Maybe Edelman? But he’s out due to an injury, not Covid. So, exactly how have the Pats been negatively affected by Covid?

28 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I’m not quite sure what you are trying to say here. You suggested that the reason the Patsies are down this year is due to Covid lockouts. I said the real reason was them losing Brady, not Covid, and this is a permanent loss.

I don’t see anyone on their Covid opt out list that would’ve made much of a difference. As for lockouts, Cam missed one game, but the issue is he really isn’t that good anymore, Covid or no Covid. Maybe Edelman? But he’s out due to an injury, not Covid. So, exactly how have the Pats been negatively affected by Covid?

I'm stating that Cam Newton sucks and half their defense was out.....and they still are 6-7 and damned near knocked us off.

The Patriots will once again be a team. to be reckoned with next season.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I'm stating that Cam Newton sucks and half their defense was out.....and they still are 6-7 and damned near knocked us off.

The Patriots will once again be a team. to be reckoned with next season.

The Cheater's only notable defensive opt-out was Hightower, who is on the wrong side of 30 and doesn't play QB.  And again, their QB situation will still be a problem next year as the options also won't be that good.

Edited by Doc