Many Pat fans believe P Jake Bailey is team's best player...sounds familiar?

Big Turk

Oh how the mighty have fallen...while I think it's a little ridiculous when you have Gilmore, JC Jackson and McCourty on the team, it is pretty hilarious to see Pat fans talk up their punter...

Brings back so many years of memories with Brian Moorman during the peak of the drought years...

https://sports.yahoo.com/jake-bailey-patriots-best-player-040543905.html

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Patriots were hurt as bad as any team in the league due to Covid lockouts.

Dance on their grave while you are still able to.

We have the best QB in the division now and likely will for a long time. That trumps everything.

Edited by matter2003

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don't even know that the Pats have a grave to dance on quite yet, at present. 

They did a pretty thorough shred job on the Chargers.

They still have a HOF coach.  He's pretty good at figuring out what went wrong, and fixing it.

The Rams and McVay were motivated; this was their Revenge Tour.  Goff's passing numbers were still nothing to sing about.

OTOH, the Patriots have some of the most spoilt, arrogant, un-knowledgeable, entitled fans in the league (they have knowledgeable and reasonable fans too, of course).  So I think a brief GLOAT! or two is appropriate.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We have the best QB in the division now and likely will for a long time. That trumps everything.

We have a very promising guy indeed, and I love me some Josh.  We do still need to see how he does for the long haul.  I'd love to see the 49ers game become the "new normal", but it is a point that their defense was much depleted.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They still have a HOF coach.  He's pretty good at figuring out what went wrong, and fixing it.

The Rams and McVay were motivated; this was their Revenge Tour.  Goff's passing numbers were still nothing to sing about.

OTOH, the Patriots have some of the most spoilt, arrogant, un-knowledgeable, entitled fans in the league (they have knowledgeable and reasonable fans too, of course).  So I think a brief GLOAT! or two is appropriate.

We have a very promising guy indeed, and I love me some Josh.  We do still need to see how he does for the long haul.  I'd love to see the 49ers game become the "new normal", but it is a point that their defense was much depleted.

Your opinion is more tempered than mine.  After 18 years of bragging, cheating, hometown spots, eye-rolling ref favoritism, getting the rules changed simply because their quarterback got hurt on a fluke play...not to mention the general *****ery like their totally-not-spy-assistant coaches turning up everywhere, running up the score because why not, and seeding every NFL broadcast team in the business with ex-Pats from the burned spygate tapes era...they haven't even started to get what's coming to them. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Tell Jared Goff that the week before when they throttled him with the same lineup.

Goff's statline: 19 of 31 for 198 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs

Edited by matter2003

6 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Your opinion is more tempered than mine.  After 18 years of bragging, cheating, hometown spots, eye-rolling ref favoritism, getting the rules changed simply because their quarterback got hurt on a fluke play...not to mention the general *****ery like their totally-not-spy-assistant coaches turning up everywhere, running up the score because why not, and seeding every NFL broadcast team in the business with ex-Pats from the burned spygate tapes era...they haven't even started to get what's coming to them. 

All that you say is true....and yet, in the paraphrased words of Gandalf, “Many that win deserve loss. And some that lose deserve wins. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out football loss in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends”

One of the petty frustrations to me comes with the continued harping on the Bills wins and losses past.  Does Josh Allen really need to have it thrown up to him that the Bills haven't won on Monday Night Football since the year before he was born?  Why does that have to be laid on his shoulders?

By the same token, at some point the Evil Hoodie will be gone, and the current crop of players and coaches will not deserve to have the "Things Just Happen when you Play in Foxboro" mantle bound on to their shoulders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All that you say is true....and yet, in the paraphrased words of Gandalf, “Many that win deserve loss. And some that lose deserve wins. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out football loss in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends”

One of the petty frustrations to me comes with the continued harping on the Bills wins and losses past.  Does Josh Allen really need to have it thrown up to him that the Bills haven't won on Monday Night Football since the year before he was born?  Why does that have to be laid on his shoulders?

By the same token, at some point the Evil Hoodie will be gone, and the current crop of players and coaches will not deserve to have the "Things Just Happen when you Play in Foxboro" mantle bound on to their shoulders.

Poor use of the wizards phrasing imo, cheating and death are quite different... the pats organization and all those individuals who happily and knowingly benefited deserve retribution, hopefully in our life times. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Who opted out that would’ve made up for losing Brady? Canon or Hightower? Maybe they would’ve had an extra win with them playing, maybe not. 

11 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Who opted out that would’ve made up for losing Brady? Canon or Hightower? Maybe they would’ve had an extra win with them playing, maybe not. 

Hightower doesn't play QB and neither does Cannon, who declined last year.

14 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

If you think the Patriots will employ a QB that throws 5 TD passes through three quarters of the season next year I have a bridge to sell you.

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

If you think the Patriots will employ a QB that throws 5 TD passes through three quarters of the season next year I have a bridge to sell you.

Yeah, he's likely gone.  But who replaces him?