Well, time to pull out the antenna (Edit: please post re-airings)

48 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Tegna is a ***** company.  They are having the dispute with AT & T UVerse also.  I advertise with their local affiliate in Atlanta.  And their corporate management is lousy to deal with.  That being said, go on Crack Streams.com and watch all the NFL games from your computer.  Very nice and its free.

AT&T is uverse and directv..  same glorious pissing contest 

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Well, I did see plenty of commercials for this lovely looking beverage:

image.png.79cfa5a1ed5295eb0fd050bf064185f9.png

clamato sounds like an STD

18 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Anyone know if the dispute covers everywhere, or just certain markets?

I expect this is a typical content provider vs content Distributor grudge... could be weird exceptions but usually it’s ubiquitous 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm back home and have learned that the best advertisement AGAINST DTV is living in a place with DTV.  Just awful all around.  Junk channels.  Crappy UI.  Slow.

Please, get me back to my Xfinity X1 and 200mps internet... 🤣

As I was reading this thread I am thinking of using Youtube TV. Does anyone use this? Does it buffer much? I am moving to a new town and since Dish is fighting with Nexstar I lost my local CBS (WIVB Buffalo) so I am thinking cable or Youtube. 

To answer an earlier question (forgive me that I didn't respond to that post) Tegna systems are in dispute with Direct TV Network. They own a number of stations across the country and they can be of different networks, depending on your location. Same with Nexstar and Dish, many markets in the country. The fight is not the locals but the big boss who is being greedy especially this time of year.

I have enjoyed reading fans'' recommendations for viewing the Sunday game.

Will never use DirecTV ever again.   When I moved to my new house in summer 2019 I was going to use them, because I always had, and thought they were a fantastic company.  What I forgot is they were bought by AT&T.   At the time they were in a dispute with the local carrier.  I was assured I'd get the channels, twice before they put a dish on my house.  Tuned into the first week of pre-season and had no game.   After hours on the phone, I got a we're sorry and we'll give you an antenna.  I told them to come get their ugly dish off my house, and to cancel my subscription immediately.   They tried to make me pay an early disconnect fee (I'd had their service for two days).  I told them under no circumstance would I be paying an early disconnect fee because they lied about their service.     They said they understood and I never heard back from them.   Two months later I got a letter from a collections agency looking for the early disconnection fee on the behalf of DirecTV.   Screw them.

They are an awful company.  They outsourced all of their customer service and jacked up their prices.   I had to laugh when I saw the scroll across the top of both NBC and CBS this past weekend that DirecTV was about to lose local channels again.   Somewhere along the line DirecTV and Time Warner switched business models.  Loving my Spectrum service.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

I contacted directv to 'complain', they are sending me an antenna for free, also told me to use locast.org , which gives you your local channels. I tried that and it works fine. I'll just hook up my laptop to my TV to watch the game.

Locast digitally restreams antenna signals they capture. The problem with them is that they pause your feed every 15 minutes or so to ask for $5. 

I found there are several paid streaming cable services with free week trials. https://www.fubo.tv/welcomehttps://www.sling.com/https://tv.youtube.com/.

Pro tip, if you use different credit cads you can do multiple free trials for each service. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They are an awful company.  They outsourced all of their customer service and jacked up their prices.   I had to laugh when I saw the scroll across the top of both NBC and CBS this past weekend that DirecTV was about to lose local channels again.   Somewhere along the line DirecTV and Time Warner switched business models.  Loving my Spectrum service.

I use to tell people that getting DTV 20 years ago, was one of my best consumer decisions.  No more.  You are absolutely correct, they are an awful company.  Every year, I spend hours on the phone with them to avoid annual price hikes.  To their credit, I've gotten Sunday Ticket sometimes free or at a discounted price, but no more...I'm going YouTubeTV as soon as the season is over.

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Tegna is a ***** company.  They are having the dispute with AT & T UVerse also.  I advertise with their local affiliate in Atlanta.  And their corporate management is lousy to deal with.  That being said, go on Crack Streams.com and watch all the NFL games from your computer.  Very nice and its free.

Paup, thank you.  I'm there with you if you read my later post.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Yup same here.  Then NBC station in Austin is in a dispute with dish so no game Sunday.  Back to the sports bar.

This ticks me off! Got a problem with the deal, that’s fine. But NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO SEND PEOPLE OUT TO BARS!

Wait 6 months if you’re unhappy. Are they trying to use a global pandemic as leverage, or are they just too tone deaf to care? I know they are more than just sports, but this is a very real consequence. I’ve learned to do without NBC for pretty much everything, but I want my Bills games! 

I just put the NBC Sports app on our new TV. It shows the game on the schedule and I plan to try it a little later to see if I can get some of the programming they show as coming up. If it doesn’t work, I’ll go on to the next plan. Our son gets it about 20 minutes away. That only works if the wife wants to join us (and drive). Otherwise I can walk or Uber to a semi-sports bar about a mile away where the owner is from Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1