Are the Patriots now the drought-era Bills?

Success

17 minutes ago, ganesh said:

They are 6-6 in the think of the playoffs and have won 4 of their last 5 games and were 5 yards away from beating us.   The demise of the Patriots are exaggerated

6-7 and their loss tonight put a large dent in their playoff hopes.

They are an 9-7 team at best with the oldest coach in the NFL and no QB prospects to speak of.

• Like (+1) 4

This is a bit premature.  I’m enjoying them losing as much as anyone else, but they could get their opt outs back next year, have a decent draft and be in it.  Their days of domination are over, and I just don’t know how long BB will coach.  I was thinking the other day, if BB has another mediocre year next year, I could see Kraft going to him and asking him to elevate McDaniels to head coach, he takes on the GM or President role and not be the face of the franchise for his last years.

The reality is I don’t care as McBeane is creating a long term top organization that will receive a ton of recognition after this weekend when we hopefully beat the Whiners (Steelers).

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

This is a bit premature.  I’m enjoying them losing as much as anyone else, but they could get their opt outs back next year, have a decent draft and be in it.  Their days of domination are over, and I just don’t know how long BB will coach.  I was thinking the other day, if BB has another mediocre year next year, I could see Kraft going to him and asking him to elevate McDaniels to head coach, he takes on the GM or President role and not be the face of the franchise for his last years.

The reality is I don’t care as McBeane is creating a long term top organization that will receive a ton of recognition after this weekend when we hopefully beat the Whiners (Steelers).

That makes no sense as he's a far better coach than a GM.  I don't see Belichick retiring any time soon as he pry made those Subway commercials and caught a glimpse of the terrible alternatives that await him if he gives up coaching.

• Haha (+1) 2

no way they go nearly two decades with out sniffing the playoffs again. but, they will need to rebuild to keep up with what appears to be looking like the new division champs in the buffalo bills.

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

They are 6-6 in the think of the playoffs and have won 4 of their last 5 games and were 5 yards away from beating us.   The demise of the Patriots are exaggerated

6-7

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

6 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Isn't it great to see the Pats 'In The Hunt' for the playoff spot at the very end of the list with essentially a 10000:1 shot to sneak in as a Wild Card, a position we Bills fans endured for many many seasons???

The next big question: Where will truckloads of Pats* fans bandwagon to next?

Redsox, Celtics and Bruins. Gawd awful lucky fanbase. 

oh and Tampa Bay for football. 😊

Edited by wjag

They are a .500 team who had a ton of defensive talent opt out. They just need a decent QB of avg quality.  How and why they opted out on Bridgewater was a real head scratcher. 

They can work the draft here and be very competitive going forward. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

7 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Isn't it great to see the Pats 'In The Hunt' for the playoff spot at the very end of the list with essentially a 10000:1 shot to sneak in as a Wild Card, a position we Bills fans endured for many many seasons???

The next big question: Where will truckloads of Pats* fans bandwagon to next?

They're already on the Chiefs Wagon. I never met a KC fan in my life...that is, until recently. lol

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean yeah I figured he might retire here soon, but to leave and coach somewhere else? That city would melt down.

Watch it come full circle and BB leaves to take the Jets job.  🤣

Just now, babulator said:

They're already on the Chiefs Wagon. I never met a KC fan in my life...that is, until recently. lol

I overheard some students say something I have literally never heard them say in my entire professional career. "The Bills are good"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If Bill stays, I’ll never count them out, but he has to see the writing on the wall..

1)  Tom Brady is gone.  He is the GOAT QB.   You can’t ever replace that.   Belichick hasn’t been good at drafting for a while now... Brady covered that up by being the best to ever do it AND convincing good players to take lesser contracts and come to NE.  

2)  The AFC East is no longer a dumpster fire.  

The Bills have top notch Management, Coaching and QB play, with a young talented core of players.  

The Dolphins are headed in the right direction and should be in the playoff mix year to year (although I’m personally not sold on Tua).  

The Jets have systemic issues but will rid themselves of some of it when they fire Gase and have a stockpile of picks to build with around Trevor or Fields.  

Edited by SCBills

Also - the era of getting FAs for free who want a ring, is over, as well as punching an annual free 1st round playoff bye ticket.  One can dream that even the days of ridiculously biased officiating will be over.  Cheating won't overcome all that.  F them to hell

• Like (+1) 1

One can only hope they are,

it is a bit early to declare this though, it may be a couple seasons and a good QB away from being back in the fray, sad as this is to say..,

Go Bills!!!

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You really shouldn't try to tell someone their point is silly and use the phrase "could of" as part of your reasoning.

Never told anyone their point is silly..I said it would make more sense to wait longer than a year to talk about a Patriots "drought"