Are the Patriots now the drought-era Bills?

Success

It really struck me watching them play tonight:

- Huge uncertainty at QB

- Good defense & special teams, good RB

- All-pro punter

- Can't consistently score points

- JAG WR corps

- Occasional amazing game to give fans hope, but in general maintaining a near-.500 record 

- Being just good enough to not make the playoffs & avoid the top 10 in the draft

It's been weird reading their boards, too - the same playoff possibility conversations we used to have at this point:  if x team loses twice, and beats y team, but if y team beats z team, etc.  

I must say - I'm liking the role reversal.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Prisoners of the moment. From some Pats fans too, Its only year 1, and teams are dealing with COVID...they won 6 games so far could of easily won 8.

I mean you could wait at least a few years first to make sure.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 5

Isn't it great to see the Pats 'In The Hunt' for the playoff spot at the very end of the list with essentially a 10000:1 shot to sneak in as a Wild Card, a position we Bills fans endured for many many seasons???

The next big question: Where will truckloads of Pats* fans bandwagon to next?

• Haha (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Prisoners of the moment. From some Pats fans too, Its only year 1, and teams are dealing with COVID...they won 6 games so far could of easily won 8.

I mean you could wait at least a few years first to make sure.

You really shouldn't try to tell someone their point is silly and use the phrase "could of" as part of your reasoning.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

They should consider moving on from Belichick.

Not because he's over the hill NOW, he's still an excellent coach, but because he isn't going to be around long enough for a proper rebuild to take place. He would be a great head coach for a team like the Chargers, with a young stud QB and some talent on defense.

He is not the head coach for a team of over the hill talent and a QB desert incoming. 

All the Pats are going to do now is run on the treadmill of mediocrity with BB.

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

They should consider moving on from Belichick.

I like your logic but I think it would have to be BB moving on from New England, if I were BB I would see the writing on the wall of a long haul rebuild. I agree that the chargers would be a great fit for him and it would definitely be interesting for the league to have BB trying to slow down Mahomes 2X a year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I like your logic but I think it would have to be BB moving on from New England, if I were BB I would see the writing on the wall of a long haul rebuild. I agree that the chargers would be a great fit for him and it would definitely be interesting for the league to have BB trying to slow down Mahomes 2X a year.

Wow that'd be a thing if both Brady and Belichick abandoned them.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Yeah, I doubt it would happen, but at BB's age and the impending mediocrity they most likely will be mired in I would definitely be considering it if I were him.

I mean yeah I figured he might retire here soon, but to leave and coach somewhere else? That city would melt down.