Canceling student loans

shoshin

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You do not need educating.

I answered with an eye roll, because you ask the question when you know the answer.

Guess what Jim, no they didn't put "we bought your vote" in the government announcement, you sure got Billsfan in NC there.

Except the belief that student loan forgiveness was a way of obtaining the support, and votes, is certainly the majority opinion across America.

Look, I know that you like to repeatedly "ask questions" to force other posters to confront their inconsistencies. . . . . . .  that's fine, you be you.

However when you ask something so obvious, you shouldn't be surprised when you get   🙄.

So the letter didn’t have anything to do with voting.  Got it. You guys sure see a lot of boogie men when there are none.  Don’t get me wrong the student loan thing was all about buying votes. That letter was not. 

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Not even democrats are dumb enough to explicitly state vote for us and we'll forgive your debt. But that's exactly what's going on. 

Of course that’s what’s going on. I was one of the first one on that beach. But that letter was not about getting out the vote. Can you and @B-Man at least sort of, maybe, kind of, admit that.  😁

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So the letter didn’t have anything to do with voting.  Got it. You guys sure see a lot of boogie men when there are none.  Don’t get me wrong the student loan thing was all about buying votes. That letter was not. 

Of course that’s what’s going on. I was one of the first one on that beach. But that letter was not about getting out the vote. Can you and @B-Man at least sort of, maybe, kind of, admit that.  😁

I didn't say it, the tweeter, oilfield rando did. My purpose in sharing it was to show the letter the administration is sending out to applicants.

Which in essence says keep us in power and we'll forgive your debt.

Which you and I both agree is what is going on here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I may be missing something but where in that letter does it reference anything about voting?  🤷🏻‍♂️

Didn't you say it was a shameless tactic to buy votes just a few weeks ago?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

You do not need educating.

I answered with an eye roll, because you ask the question when you know the answer.

Guess what Jim, no they didn't put "we bought your vote" in the government announcement, you sure got Billsfan in NC there.

Except the belief that student loan forgiveness was a way of obtaining the support, and votes, is certainly the majority opinion across America.

Look, I know that you like to repeatedly "ask questions" to force other posters to confront their inconsistencies. . . . . . .  that's fine, you be you.

However when you ask something so obvious, you shouldn't be surprised when you get   🙄.

How is this any different than Trump getting his name put on the spring 2020 stimulus checks? 

In either instance no one directly asked for votes, just different tactics to make it clear who was responsible for the "free" money.

Did any of you right wingers get outraged back then?  However tasteless both times, I don't remember any legal repercussions for Trump, should there be some now for Biden?

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I certainly did and you may want to look at my subsequent posts above.  However as I've stated what does this have to do with the letter that @BillsFanNC shared?  

So the "they're trying to stop us giving you free money" isn't a call to vote?

3 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

How is this any different than Trump getting his name put on the spring 2020 stimulus checks? 

In either instance no one directly asked for votes, just different tactics to make it clear who was responsible for the "free" money.

Did any of you right wingers get outraged back then?  However tasteless both times, I don't remember any legal repercussions for Trump, should there be some now for Biden?

My favorite part of the Trump stimulus checks is now every Republican I know is blaming Biden for the inflation when Trump had more stimulus money than Biden by far.

Also, student loan forgiveness is stupid.  You took the loan, now pay it back.  I am all for loan reform, and believe it needs to happen, but we can't just forgive debt because we feel like it.  Even if they want to go after predatory loans and make more affordable, I am ok with that, but straight up forgiveness is beyond dumb.  The main issue with loans isn't the loan itself, but the fact that people who otherwise wouldn't qualify for an appliance loan are given hundreds of thousands of dollars just so universities can vastly overcharge for their "services."  The value these schools provide isn't worth a tenth of what they charge.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Good lord dude.  My point is the letter that @BillsFanNC shared has nothing to do with calling for a vote.  🤦🏻‍♂️

So when you previously said that Joke was buying votes with this move, when did he ever say that?  Or did you infer it?

4 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Didn't Trump also promise a 10 percent tax cut for the middle class right before the 2018 mid-term elections to try buying votes?

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

So when you previously said that Joke was buying votes with this move, when did he ever say that?  Or did you infer it?

His name is Joe.  And I said it but what what what are you driving at?  Your question has NOTHING to do with my response to @BillsFanNC's post of that Tweet.  That is the only thing I'm discussing here. 

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

His name is Joe.  And I said it but what what what are you driving at?  Your question has NOTHING to do with my response to @BillsFanNC's post of that Tweet.  That is the only thing I'm discussing here. 

What I’m getting at is that no one said it was to buy votes; you figured it out because of the timing. In the email, instead of just saying you’re eligible they went onto say “there are lawsuits” which people can figure out means “vote for us or else.”

Now, if you want to make the argument that they aren’t smart enough to get the inference…

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

What I’m getting at is that no one said it was to buy votes; you figured it out because of the timing. In the email, instead of just saying you’re eligible they went onto say “there are lawsuits” which people can figure out means “vote for us or else.”

Now, if you want to make the argument that they aren’t smart enough to get the inference…

The letter was EXPLAINING why their applications were on hold.  Go back and read it with your red colored glasses off. 

If you draw the line from:

Your application has been received however your forgiveness is on hold due to lawsuits.

To:

Vote for us OR ELSE

You're more of a political hack than I've accused you of in the past.  LOL

Blind liberal: trump bad, awful. Everything he did was corrupt, illegal, terrible policy. Worst ever. Bad bad bad. Everything bad. Dumb, stupid terrible!!! 

free thinking person: that thing Biden did was dumb. 

blind liberal: no it’s not trump did the same thing. 

free thinking person:  🤦‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

my view on this issue is the same as when i was a liberal in the past. the dems are going about addressing this the wrong way and as usual republicans are complaining about it but have no plan of their own. obama care! still waiting on the republican healthcare plan. 

if the train we are on is careening off a cliff im not going to b!+ch at someone who decides to pull a lever. republicans far to often happy to sit back and wait for the crash and i think even see a alot of joy in the show when they arent on it.

Rs better start coming up with some actual solutions or the dems WILL keep pushing these kinds of solutions. in most instances its the only choice on the table. 

38 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

my view on this issue is the same as when i was a liberal in the past. the dems are going about addressing this the wrong way and as usual republicans are complaining about it but have no plan of their own. obama care! still waiting on the republican healthcare plan. 

if the train we are on is careening off a cliff im not going to b!+ch at someone who decides to pull a lever. republicans far to often happy to sit back and wait for the crash and i think even see a alot of joy in the show when they arent on it.

Rs better start coming up with some actual solutions or the dems WILL keep pushing these kinds of solutions. in most instances its the only choice on the table. 

on this very specific issue I’m not sure what ideas are needed from the government. All the money they’ve pumped into the ‘private’ secondary education sector has been the cause of inflation of tuition. 

giving financially illiterate students tens of thousands of non-collateralized debt to pay rapidly increasing tuition costs over time has driven school tuition up exponentially.

As usual pumping money into a sector to help access and affordability fails…. Because it always fails, because policy makers need not have a clue how economic systems work before wasting all the money they steal from the producers. They aren’t accountable for results. 

fixing unaffordable education starts with severing the flow of cheap easy money into it.