Canceling student loans

shoshin

1 hour ago, ALF said:

What have republicans done to address this problem in the past 20 years ?

Not do this because we know their long term goal is 100% forgiveness and then Guarntee Universal Income while the machines do all the work while your hooked up into the State Run Metaverse

With a booming economy for Trumps first 3 years , (2020 won't count due to covid) did the national debt go down with massive tax cuts to the rich and big business ?  Helping student debt which has excessive interest is right.

12 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

State tuition fee wavier and the GI Bill from the Army National Guard paid for my undergraduate degree. It's a good option... and you can get in shape, shoot cool guns.

After HS I joined the USMC. When I got out I went to college on the GI bill. It paid for most including room and board.  The shortfall I made up working in the summer.  

So maybe you don't like guns or war or whatever, you can still do this. Enlist in the military into a field like food service or vehicle maintenance or office administration.  Or, join the Coast Guard.  

My wife worked and went to college a night to get her degree. Since we both got marketable degrees and didn't have college debt we put some aside in Texas Tomorrow for our daughter's college which we were able to finance without debt since we saved up.

There are so many ways to do this without going into debt.  I don't feel sorry for them and really don't see why the 67% of Americans without college degrees and I should have to pay their debts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

With a booming economy for Trumps first 3 years , (2020 won't count due to covid) did the national debt go down with massive tax cuts to the rich and big business ?  Helping student debt which has excessive interest is right.

So are you saying only the rich and big businesses got tax cuts under Trump? 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So are you saying only the rich and big businesses got tax cuts under Trump? 

No , my standard deduction doubled . I'm more concerned with the national debt especially due to covid. Now we don't have enough to deal global warming (I know fake news) . How is the decrease in water and farms unable to irrigate  going in California ?

4 hours ago, ALF said:

No , my standard deduction doubled . I'm more concerned with the national debt especially due to covid. Now we don't have enough to deal global warming (I know fake news) . How is the decrease in water and farms unable to irrigate  going in California ?

concern with the national debt/deficit is entirely contradictory with this boondoggle. It's nothing more than a redistribution and additional government spending.

I haven't seen a legitimate justification for this $300b charade. 

this could be a horrible miscalculation by Biden at election time 

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
Add
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

This is a new one.  “You don’t help people manage their personal debt with employment options and a booming economy.”.

I’m changing your screen name to Alfshton Kucher cuz I think you been Punk’d! 

• Haha (+1) 1

It's called welfare, and on a larger scale democrats have completely destroyed inner cities with it.

Not a lot of money always just a little bit, enough to barely sustain, but enough

to keep the stupid lazy and satisfied and voting democrat.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

No , my standard deduction doubled . 

I see.  So you agree that the line that Trump ONLY cut taxes for the rich is a lie?  I know that's not what you said but it's pretty safe to say that's what you were insinuating.  

What group of people benefited the most from the doubling of the Standard Deduction?  Who did SALT hurt the most? 

• Like (+1) 1

This was accelerated by Obama's Admin in 2010.  The government getting into the student loan market told colleges and universities that they could keep increasing tuition and the government would pay it.  When do they get vilified?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2