Do people realize this when it comes to the Bills WR position?

njbuff

34 minutes ago, hemma said:

About 2 days before we gave Young a tryout, ESPN ran a 'Why hasn't anyone picked up Vince Young?' segment, nonstop.  I remember watching it and wondering when Buddy would announce that he had been signed.  Sure enough, it happened and I always had the feeling that RW was watching at the same time and thinking, "How can I P off Bud Adams?  I know, I'll pick up Young and make him successful."  RW and Adams had a history, which included middle finger usage.

The thing I thought was most strange was that Chan never showed any 'ownership'.  It was pretty clear he had been served a platter of cold, boiled, creamed cauliflower and he would have to eat all of it without comment.  In all of Chan's pressers, he never said anything positive about this unexpected addition to the QB 'competition'.

That was my take anyway, but then again, I was paranoid. Nevertheless, RW interfering sure seemed to fit.

Fair enough.  Was curious  since a number of folks here thought there was some conspiracy when Vince Young was dumped before pre-season ended.

That's why beane gets an extension. Wide receivers and running backs are a dime a dozen. You don't pay them ridiculous amounts of money until they've earned it, which most of our wide receivers have. I should add that you should never pay a running back Ezekiel Elliot kind of money. Ever 

14 hours ago, Utah John said:

For many years the Bills couldn't draft to save their lives.  Pick after pick either sucked, got hurt, or FA'd away

I used to tell people that Buffalo was the farm system for the entire NFL.  Draft 'em, grow 'em, and set them loose.  

Can this board remember this thread when draft time is near? So many of you guys worship draft picks, not even willing to trade one pick for a PROVEN NFL player.

BTW kudos to Beane for having signed FA that were 2nd stringers on other teams but were behind top players. So many draft picks don't make it in the NFL so 2nd stringers needing a chance have a greater chance of success. Just look at at the Josh "haters" when he was drafted. And yes, that cheatin gwhiny TB12 with 6 SB rings was picked 199th.

14 hours ago, hemma said:

About 2 days before we gave Young a tryout, ESPN ran a 'Why hasn't anyone picked up Vince Young?' segment, nonstop.  I remember watching it and wondering when Buddy would announce that he had been signed.  Sure enough, it happened and I always had the feeling that RW was watching at the same time and thinking, "How can I P off Bud Adams?  I know, I'll pick up Young and make him successful."  RW and Adams had a history, which included middle finger usage.

The thing I thought was most strange was that Chan never showed any 'ownership'.  It was pretty clear he had been served a platter of cold, boiled, creamed cauliflower and he would have to eat all of it without comment.  In all of Chan's pressers, he never said anything positive about this unexpected addition to the QB 'competition'.

That was my take anyway, but then again, I was paranoid. Nevertheless, RW interfering sure seemed to fit.

Man, Ralph was just super old by that time. I kind of doubt he had much to do with football decisions anymore by that point.

15 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Great...another click bait post.  Just say what you want in the thread title.  

That said, who cares where they were drafted?  Doesn't matter on this day, nor will it when the playoffs start.  

I am just pointing out that they were good finds. That's all.

Relax Sparky.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2020 at 5:38 AM, njbuff said:

The player who was drafted the highest was John Brown............. in the 3RD ROUND.

Diggs was a 5th rounder

Beasley was undrafted

Davis was a 4th round rounder

and the 5th guy they use, McKenzie, is a former castoff of the Broncos, was a 5th rounder .

Props to these guys for making themselves part of one of the best WR groups in all the NFL. Not one of them came into the league as a blue chip guy.

Kudos to them.

Dang. Good catch man. (get it?) :)

Speaks to a team of underdogs, QB included, all doubted, all getting it done as ONE unit. Love this team.

Just now, foreboding said:

Dang. Good catch man. (get it?) :)

Speaks to a team of underdogs, QB included, all doubted, all getting it done as ONE unit. Love this team.

Well, Allen went 7th overall and in reality, he should have went 1st overall with his obvious talent.

I think Kiper said he should have gone 1st overall right when the 2018 draft was conducted.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:38 AM, njbuff said:

The player who was drafted the highest was John Brown............. in the 3RD ROUND.

Diggs was a 5th rounder

Beasley was undrafted

and the 5th guy they use, McKenzie, is a former castoff of the Broncos, was a 5th rounder .

Props to these guys for making themselves part of one of the best WR groups in all the NFL. Not one of them came into the league as a blue chip guy.

Kudos to them.

That’s surprising. Another reason to root for them.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Well, Allen went 7th overall and in reality, he should have went 1st overall with his obvious talent.

I think Kiper said he should have gone 1st overall right when the 2018 draft was conducted.

Yes, but most draftniks said it was a reach and that accuracy cannot be improved blah blah.

• Haha (+1) 1

Diggs was a 5th rounder

Beasley was undrafted

Kudos to them.

Are the players referenced exceptionally good?

Or is the talent evaluation in the NFL exceptionally bad?

🤔

Diggs was a 5th rounder

Beasley was undrafted

Kudos to them.

I believe Allen is the ONLY 1st rounder on this offense.  Pretty amazing!

5 hours ago, foreboding said:

Yes, but most draftniks said it was a reach and that accuracy cannot be improved blah blah.

Well there was talk he was going 1st overall,  especially after his pro day performance 

I remember Rich Eisen commentating , I never heard him so hyped and impressed. I think he said he almost cursed on air! 

I knew then , he was by far the most talented. I thought we'd have no shot at him. 

On 12/10/2020 at 4:38 AM, njbuff said:

Diggs was a 5th rounder

Beasley was undrafted

Kudos to them.

Personally, I was a big fan of Lee Evans and wish we could have played better with him.  I love this group though. 

On 12/10/2020 at 2:38 AM, njbuff said:

Diggs was a 5th rounder

Beasley was undrafted

Kudos to them.

Diggs had injury issues at Maryland and often horrible QB play.  Still If you’d seen him play during his time with the Terps and even in high school he was most definitely blue chip talent.  I’m not surprised to see him do what he’s doing at all.  Looks like he always has to me.  He always looked like the best or one of the best players on the field.  

Edited by purple haze

On 12/10/2020 at 6:56 AM, Bronxbomber21 said:

Diggs should've been drafted higher then the 5th round on pure talent alone 

Stefon Diggs was the #2 overall WR recruit in the nation in HS.

He wasn't under anyone's radar.

Injuries, a talented WR class and questions about his personality pushed him way down the board.

• Like (+1) 1