“Chris Simms: Unbuttoned” a MUST watch IMO

Stank_Nasty

So I’ve grown to love this dudes breakdowns and this is such an interesting one that I thought it deserved its own thread. Simms hasn’t been shy for 2 years now about being high on Allen, McDermott and the Bills. But what I find refreshing is that he pulls no punches with them or anyone else. Perfect evidence of that is him ripping our defense on a weekly basis in the middle of the season. 

Anyways... I thought this was just an awesome breakdown of the game and our coaches. I just really love the guys work. I know a couple others like @Hapless Bills Fan enjoy him as well. 

-first 15 min he breaks down Allen’s play and a couple of specific plays highlighting Dabolls creativity. 

-16:00 mark he starts in about the defense and how much more healthy and aggressive they have looked. Calls McDermott a “Code cracker” when it comes to planning for specific weekly challenges. 

-Ends by talking about how he was disappointed with the team by mid season and considered them a one and done but with the emergence of the defense he thinks they are legit Super Bowl threats. 

ENJOY! I think there are some fun discussion points in this. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 12

31 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Best analyst working today, the detail he goes into without leaving non analytics nerds in the dark is phenomenal.

Yep, easily my favorite. Sure, he loves Josh and the Bills, so it's easy to like what he says. But he's very detailed, has an engaging delivery and personality, and no he gives reasons for his opinions. Great stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3

The 49'ers kept it close?  Really?

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

I wonder if the cleaning lady knew her butt was going to be prominantly displayed!  Khakis look great on some people!  :)

LOL!  Was going to mention that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

Chris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Phil

I managed a large record store in Austin, right by the Universtiy of Texas campus, back when Chris Simms was playing QB there.  I know he had a disappointing career in some eyes, but we used to deal with a lot of athletes...Chris was probably the most decent guy of the bunch.  Always made a good impression.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I managed a large record store in Austin, right by the Universtiy of Texas campus, back when Chris Simms was playing QB there.  I know he had a disappointing career in some eyes, but we used to deal with a lot of athletes...Chris was probably the most decent guy of the bunch.  Always made a good impression.

I didn't necessarily mean play... more as an analyst. I love Chris and very much dislike Phil. In terms of play, I guess pops takes him there. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I didn't necessarily mean play... more as an analyst. I love Chris and very much dislike Phil. In terms of play, I guess pops takes him there. 

Agreed.  I don't hate Phil Simms, but I never felt like he really offered much in terms of analysis that was anything special. Chris wasn't as good a QB, but he is a far better analyst.

• Like (+1) 3

I watch his YouTube smash ups every day. He’s the man.  Easily my favorite as well.  I really hope JT O’Sullivan does a video on this game.  He’s good stuff as well. 

neither of which are the most electrifying man in breakdown entertainment though.....Double B, Brian Baldinger.  If ya smell....

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm a little confused.  Don't we have the all-knowing DabolBillz to do this for us?

Too busy talking about Marcel and Sammy. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So I’ve grown to love this dudes breakdowns and this is such an interesting one that I thought it deserved its own thread. Simms hasn’t been shy for 2 years now about being high on Allen, McDermott and the Bills. But what I find refreshing is that he pulls no punches with them or anyone else. Perfect evidence of that is him ripping our defense on a weekly basis in the middle of the season. 

Anyways... I thought this was just an awesome breakdown of the game and our coaches. I just really love the guys work. I know a couple others like @Hapless Bills Fan enjoy him as well. 

-first 15 min he breaks down Allen’s play and a couple of specific plays highlighting Dabolls creativity. 

-16:00 mark he starts in about the defense and how much more healthy and aggressive they have looked. Calls McDermott a “Code cracker” when it comes to planning for specific weekly challenges. 

-Ends by talking about how he was disappointed with the team by mid season and considered them a one and done but with the emergence of the defense he thinks they are legit Super Bowl threats. 

ENJOY! I think there are some fun discussion points in this. 

Thanks for posting, that was awesome!

good stuff. i have to say i am really pleased with myself on how i stayed optimistic about defense when we were only 5 or 6 games into the season. optimism in the face of mediocrity is not my typical MO. 

Just knowing we had so many pieces from defenses that were highly ranked before and knowing we've had a coach that knows how to put it all together. No preseason hurt. Losing a couple guys hurt. But the best will always figure it out. I have seen so many patriots teams that didn't look good on defense until the end of the year and playoffs. 

McD (props to frazier as well) is a legit defensive mind. Trust the process. 

• Like (+1) 1