Lee Smith was WIDE open on Allen's dart to Davis

Process

LOL

First time I see this angle. The pass to Davis was as impressive a throw you'll see a QB make. Honestly the fact that he made it while he had a guy wide open for a walk in TD makes it even better. I'm glad a blown coverage didn't rob us of that beauty.

JA is a baller. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 11

2 minutes ago, Process said:

LOL

First time I see this angle. The pass to Davis was as impressive a throw you'll see a QB make. Honestly the fact that he made it while he had a guy wide open for a walk in TD makes it even better. 

JA is a baller. 

yeah frisco dropped aSix man zone on half the field. 

I’m glad josh didn’t see it. i don’t want anything happening to encourage more Lee Smith inclusion in the passing offense. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 19

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If I’m looking at this right, he’s only open once Allen throws the ball and the defender breaks off to pursue 

No open from the second he drops back, however the design was left/middle all the way.  Maybe though will be available later in the year.

I did have someone say the same in the thread I started on the 5 bast passes too.  The joke was in 2018-19 people would have questioned what a bad decision Allen made on the play.😉

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jletha said:

where have you seen that claimed? If they knew what we were doing why didnt they stop us?

There is a whole thread with all their player quotes about it.

Because we are that good.

The old Packers teams used to get to the line and tell the Defense "We're running a sweep right" and then pound it on them for 10 yards.

6 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Holy crap!! Didn’t see that & of course bad announcers missed it also

That's because they were too busy drooling over or making excuses for Shanahan and Saleh, even though they were down by 3 scores for most of the game. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So Allen did actually initially check Smith, but when he looks the DE looks like he's going to run with him.

This is an example of what Allen should work on next year, Yes he clearly sees the soft spot in the zone and the Davis is going to be in the clear to get there - but just as he's gotten better at initial reads of "is this man or zone" - he'll need to be able to say "that's too many defenders on this side of the field- can't be right" and be able to instinctively turn and hit the TE that's released. Having a better TE that he could trust to beat a DE that dropped in coverage with him might also make this an easier choice.

This is a prime example of how Allen has gotten so much better but is NOT at the same level of say Rodgers. There is a great clip from a game where Rodgers comes to line, scans the D set up, and does a literal double take on who's defending his #1 WR.... He literally stares at it a bit longer and then smiles - snaps, pretends to go through his reads away from the WR he already knows is going to be wide open and then just calmly snaps back and throws to the mismatched coverage for an easy and open TD. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Rk_Bills86 said:

So Allen did actually initially check Smith, but when he looks the DE looks like he's going to run with him.

This is an example of what Allen should work on next year, Yes he clearly sees the soft spot in the zone and the Davis is going to be in the clear to get there - but just as he's gotten better at initial reads of "is this man or zone" - he'll need to be able to say "that's too many defenders on this side of the field- can't be right" and be able to instinctively turn and hit the TE that's released. Having a better TE that he could trust to beat a DE that dropped in coverage with him might also make this an easier choice.

This is a prime example of how Allen has gotten so much better but is NOT at the same level of say Rodgers. There is a great clip from a game where Rodgers comes to line, scans the D set up, and does a literal double take on who's defending his #1 WR.... He literally stares at it a bit longer and then smiles - snaps, pretends to go through his reads away from the WR he already knows is going to be wide open and then just calmly snaps back and throws to the mismatched coverage for an easy and open TD. 

Who invited this guy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

This underscores how bad the 49ers defense really was.    Allen had a few thread the needle throws but many receivers were wide open, their secondary must suck and as the aged Sherman admitted Josh extended plays and the 49ers just couldn't maintain coverage that long.  I got real tired of hearing what an offensive genius Shanahan was on offense and Saleh was on defense, their defense was a joke.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.