Diggs proves the trade skeptics wrong

27yanks

"I want him to be him. I don't want him to be anything else but him," Daboll said. "He's got juice, he's got fiery competitiveness, he's got swagger -- and I want him to have it because it rubs off on our team.

"He's an old throwback. He wants to grind at practice, you've got to take him out because he just wants to keep going. And if it's not right at practice, he gets hot. He's just been such a pleasure to be around."

• Like (+1) 23
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was the truth in Minnesota too when you really looked into it and read stuff from people in the know Diggs was never a "diva". He is a grinder. And he is a winner. He holds himself to a very high standard and he is going to hold everyone around him to that standard too. You need those people in your locker room. Is he a demanding teammate - yes. But he is not a "me" guy. Never was. He is a "we" guy. But if "we" gotta get better then Stef is gonna stand up and say that. He isn't goingĀ quietlyĀ in the cornerĀ thinking "I caught 8 balls I did my job it is everyone else's fault we lost."

• Like (+1) 14

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

They are two different types of receivers but Justin Jefferson is going to be a better WR than Diggs and may already be. Contract is better for 5 year. So I don't really know if it silences the trade skeptics honestly.

3rd or 4th and short with the game on the line.... which one are you picking? its a no brainer for me.

• Like (+1) 2

So there was and has been this stigma that players don't want to come to B-Lo for multiple reasons. One of the most important things that McD and Beane did was really change that. I don't see it posted on here often but one of the biggest sales pitches (not The Process) is actually the following line:

Ā 

"Come to Buffalo, and be the best you that you can be."

Ā 

They also truly believe in starting the best player regardless of salary or past performance. Spots are up for grabs if you prove you are worth it. There is also the push and clearly visible "family" of the team. You as a player are not the only ones welcome - but your whole family.Ā 

Ā 

What they have done in the past 4 years is nothing short of a miracle.Ā 

• Like (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

They are two different types of receivers but Justin Jefferson is going to be a better WR than Diggs and may already be. Contract is better for 5 year. So I don't really know if it silences the trade skeptics honestly.

This trade is 100% a win win

Ā 

If the Bills had stayed put, they could have gotten Jefferson and maybe that would have worked well. They also could have gotten Jalen Reagor.

Ā 

If you think your team is good enough, go get yourĀ guy. For years we convinced ourselves it was too expensive to go get a QB in the draft and we had too many holes. Screw that! They made the playoffs and blew it all up to get a QB they could dominate with! Be aggressive, thats how you win in this leagueĀ 

• Like (+1) 5

Yah, anyone who thinks Buffalo gave up to much on this trade, or thought Diggs would not fit in and grow with this team is an idiot.Ā 
Ā 

Go Bills!!!

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

3rd or 4th and short with the game on the line.... which one are you picking? its a no brainer for me.

Ā 

In one situation? Yes. Who do you want in the red zone? Who stretches the field? Whose contract would you like?Ā 

They have the same yardage right now. Jefferson has 3 more TDs and he is a rookie, imagine what he will do in the next few years

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Jefferson is a top rookie of year candidate. Ā No one in MN regrets the trade...But it was a good trade for Bills too. Ā No guarantee they would have used the pick on JJ...

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Ā 

In one situation? Yes. Who do you want in the red zone? Who stretches the field? Whose contract would you like?Ā 

They have the same yardage right now. Jefferson has 3 more TDs and he is a rookie, imagine what he will do in the next few years

Who knows, could be Sammy Watkins. Jefferson and DiggsĀ appear to be great. I will take the one with the longer track record for a team trying to win right now.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

Diggs is one of the best in the business.Ā  This trade worked out well for both sides.

Ā 

As an aside, I love watching Diggs stick his hand in a defender's face once or twice a game as he goes out of bounds and jaw at the dude.Ā  That kind of attitude combined with his talent takes you far in football.

17 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ā 

Ā 

thinking...

Ā 

...OK, I am comfortable now in saying this.

Ā 

This is no slur to anybody else, but I am more than 50 years old and I have been watching football my entire life.

Ā 

Stefon Diggs is the greatest receiver I have ever seen...at getting open.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Redzone? Diggs. Stretch the field? Diggs. Who do I want to run the deep over out of the slot? Justin Jefferson. He is already, I think, the best in the league at that route he kills defenders on it. But regardless, I'd still take the trade. Even if the Bills loved Jefferson more than I did - he was an unknown. This team needed an established proven #1 guy where they were in the development. I don't think Jefferson transforms this offense the way Diggs has.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Ā 

we dont know what he'll do. Diggs is a known commodity and brings things to the team that only a vet can bring and they arent measured in statistics. What do both do for the others in their scheme? in the locker room? situational ball.....Ā looking at just stats and contracts is such a narrow minded point of view.

Ā 

Jefferson may have all that in 4 years....IMO he doesnt now and this team wants to win NOW.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

Of course I and any reasonable Bills fan is happy with Diggs this year. I think he has been better than advertised. But I dont think many had an issue with him as a player. It was the more about the value of the trade.

Ā 

Diggs - his age and cost

1st Round WR - age and cost

Ā 

You make a bet based on the risk reward tradeoff. It turns out the Bills could have drafted Justin Jefferson. He could have been a bust but has proven to be legit. So the Bills could wind up on the losing end of the trade. Even if they are equal players JJ is coming at a much lower price tag. But regardless you get what need in Diggs so any reasonable person would be fine with it. Its more of a win win than having one side be a loser.Ā 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

Redzone? Diggs. Stretch the field? Diggs. Who do I want to run the deep over out of the slot? Justin Jefferson. He is already, I think, the best in the league at that route he kills defenders on it. But regardless, I'd still take the trade. Even if the Bills loved Jefferson more than I did - he was an unknown. This team needed an established proven #1 guy where they were in the development. I don't think Jefferson transforms this offense the way Diggs has.

100% this

15 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Allen needed a true #1 wr and vet thats a leader not a rookie thats going against teamsĀ  #2 cbs

• Like (+1) 2