Playoff possibilities

djp14150

This is just discussing league wide pkayoff possibilities

for Buffalo to win the division they just need....

1. 2 wins and a Miami loss

2. lose to Pittsburgh, beat Miami, and have Miami lose another game

3. Miami lose 2, buffalo win one,  and NE lose one

4. win next 3 games

buffalo magic number is almost 3 games but there is a scenario where NE W out, BUF goes WLLL for 10-6 and MI?a L another game where NE wins division due to better division record.

BAL at CLE....thus is a near must win for BAL. they aren’t eliminated with a loss but  it becomes much harder because I think CLE clinches no worse than 2nd.

Tenn has easiest final 4 in AFC just facing one playoff potential team in GB in week 16.

IND at LV next week so this will factor in to the playoffs.  A raider loss helps BUF and CLE clinch because in multipke team tiebreakers conference record matters ifthey don’t have H2H. BUF beat LVeho beat CLE so a 3 way WC tie raiders get in by better conf record. 

BUF-CLE tie comes to  conference record or opposite nfc record BUF is 3-1 CLE is 3-0 with giants to play. LV is 2-2..

if BUF and CLE are tied at 3-1 then common games is tie breaker. Common games is PIT, Jets, LV, TEN. BUF is 3-1, CLE is 1-2. BUF beating PITputs them ahead of CLE in tiebreakers.

For CLE to win division then need to finish ahead of PIT or they must have PIT lose to cincinati in week 15. If PIT beats BUF it ensures common game tie breaker for CLE but cin must  beat PIT for tied division record. If BUF beats PIT then CLE needs PIT to lose one of their next two so they are tied entering week 17. A WL means CLE can be behind one game going into week 17 or a LWL means teams are tied while CLE is WWW.  

For IND and TEN.

TEN has better div record so they must lose a division game. A win against LV means common games record is tied and TEN has better conf record in a tie.  

if both lose this week then IND would be in first and win out and division is theirs. Aloes by TEN gives them each 2 div loses , Loss to vegas means better common games record for colts ( 3rd tie breaker)

in West  vegas wins out and KC loses out, division to vegas. Otherwise KC gets division.

NFC is more complicated for WC with teams bunched up and more division games. Last WC in us 6-6 with teams at 5-7 and 4-8 still alive.  For example, ATL still has 2 games against TB. A sweep could mean both tied at 8-8 and ATL ahead due to sweep.q

in east Giants swept Tater tots thus season so WAS needs to get ahead.

GB and NO have big leads for division. Each up by 3 with 4 to play

in the west Rams at Seahawks in week 16 could be for division title.

nextweek Min at TB could make WC real interesting with Min win making the last two WCs up for grabs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Nice breakdown.

Just win the next 4 and take the division! Enough of this hoping something else uncontrollable happens. 

This is the year to make it happen. it's gift wrapped for them, the final two teams they need to fend off are in their sites.

NOW GO GET IT..... 1 game at a time !

#GoBills

Next four games look tough though. 

PIT is going to be furious

Playing any team at their place is a challenge DEN

NE at home and playing better

MIA at our place, I like, but they are red hot and the weather could be unseasonable. 

I'm calling 2-2 because this team is not consistent. 

56 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If I had to guess right now, I think it's the Browns at our house.  

Royale, I respect your opinion.  However, that likely means we finish 4th in the AFC and the Browns don't win the division and finish 5th.

I really don't want the Titans passing us as it turns my stomach, and I hope they lose to GB in week 16 which would give us a 1 game buffer...12-4 and third in the Conference is a liveable "take" from me.  However, and in accordance with my thread about the #2 spot, I am still hoping for 13-3.  As stated in that thread if the Bills and Browns run the table and the Browns win the division as long as we don't have a third division leader tie at 13-3 (I know, crazy) then the Bills beat the Browns on Conference record (10-2 to 9-3), and this would give us #2, barring a comical collapse by the Chiefs.

If anyone thinks that the Titans won't pass us (I hope that is the case) then I doubt there is anyway we play the browns as they are either going to win the division or be the best wild card team.  Nobody is going to pass them in the WC with their schedule.

...it would be a hell of game, though, brother!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Miami has a tough road and 2-2 is optimistic for them. We go 2-2 and we’ll likely have the division - even possible if the two loses are the Pats and Fins. If we went 2-2 and the fins go 3-1 beating us and the Pats, this would could make it extremely close as the division and conference records would be the same. It would go to common opponents, which is close and still unsettled. Let’s not let it come to that please!