To be Blount the Bills Run Game has Beane in a Slump !

T master

Food for thought:

3 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Yeah but he has poor speed for the position. He's a great complementary piece but not THE guy.  To take our offense to the next level, we a primary back that can impact the game with only 10 carries, and be a threat to take it to the house every time they touch the ball and otherwise catch well.

We do?  The Chiefs don't have that. Edwards-Helaire ran a 4.61 40 time. Laveon Bell runs a 4.6. Singletary runs a 4.66, Moss a 4.52.  Chiefs have one of the best offenses of all time. Therefore we don't.  I would MUCH prefer a TE like Kelce.

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think it’s pretty clear by now the skill set that Beane values from a RB, he seems to like guys who are elusive.

Across his final two seasons at FAU in 2017 and 2018, Singletary trailed only David Montgomery in broken tackles on the ground (179). As a rookie last season, he forced 42 missed tackles on just 181 touches, once again making him one of the most elusive backs among his peers. 

Broken tackle % (broken tackles)

Edwards-Helaire - 34% (73)

Zack Moss - 31.6% (74)

Ke'Shawn Vaughn - 29.8% (59)

Eno Benjamin - 26% (66)

Cam Akers - 26% (60)

J Taylor - 25.9% (83)

AJ Dillon - 24.5% (78)

J Dobbins - 22.9% (69)

D Swift - 20.9% (51)

Joshua Kelley - 13.5% (31)

There has to be something about the skill set that they believe is more valuable than speed itself. Maybe someone can come up with why they’d value broken tackles over speed? 

Jaret Patterson anyone? Curious to know what his broken tackle%,# is. I'd  use one of the 5th rd picks on him. His contact balance is amazing 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

For gods sake people, WE ARE A PASS FIRST OFFENSE, We were a run first offense for those pathetic two decades of failure, why do fans want to go back to that losing methodology?  When we are on, we can beat any team as we are currently constructed.  The RBs need about a 20% increase in efficiency to be exactly what they need to be for this pass first offense. Please try to understand this. 

Go Bills!!!

We don’t got a guy that puts any fear in opposing defences eyes. I’ve never been a big Yeldon fan but I think it’s funny he has our longest carry of the season with very little opportunities. 

I was high on Singletary coming into the season but right now I think we just need more then what he’s able to give us. Whoever said we have two guys the exact same on this form is bang on. Singletary is shifty and Moss is more of a pounder but the production is pretty identical. 

48 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Jaret Patterson anyone? Curious to know what his broken tackle%,# is. I'd  use one of the 5th rd picks on him. His contact balance is amazing 

I heard rumblings he may be the 2nd or 3rd RB off the board with his historic performance this year? 

I like him tho

17 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I heard rumblings he may be the 2nd or 3rd RB off the board with his historic performance this year? 

I like him tho

Beane has to hit in this year's draft. There is one player in particular that will be there when the Bills pick in the 30s👀 that will be an immediate impact player. Nick Bolton is that guy!! CBS Sports finally got on board with me and has him mocked to the Bills. Him and Edmunds will be the best LB tandem in the league.

19 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Beane has to hit in this year's draft. There is one player in particular that will be there when the Bills pick in the 30s👀 that will be an immediate impact player. Nick Bolton is that guy!! CBS Sports finally got on board with me and has him mocked to the Bills. Him and Edmunds will be the best LB tandem in the league.

Have you seen Zaven Collins at all? Kid is a beast.