To be Blount the Bills Run Game has Beane in a Slump !

T master

I think it’s pretty clear by now the skill set that Beane values from a RB, he seems to like guys who are elusive.

Across his final two seasons at FAU in 2017 and 2018, Singletary trailed only David Montgomery in broken tackles on the ground (179). As a rookie last season, he forced 42 missed tackles on just 181 touches, once again making him one of the most elusive backs among his peers. 

Broken tackle % (broken tackles)

Edwards-Helaire - 34% (73)

Zack Moss - 31.6% (74)

Ke'Shawn Vaughn - 29.8% (59)

Eno Benjamin - 26% (66)

Cam Akers - 26% (60)

J Taylor - 25.9% (83)

AJ Dillon - 24.5% (78)

J Dobbins - 22.9% (69)

D Swift - 20.9% (51)

Joshua Kelley - 13.5% (31)

There has to be something about the skill set that they believe is more valuable than speed itself. Maybe someone can come up with why they’d value broken tackles over speed? 

Just now, vtnatefootball11 said:

Yeah but he has poor speed for the position. He's a great complementary piece but not THE guy.  To take our offense to the next level, we a primary back that can impact the game with only 10 carries, and be a threat to take it to the house every time they touch the ball and otherwise catch well.

I would agree with you if we could get a GREAT rb at less than 5 million a year. 

Otherwise i see no point for a team that needs to improve on the offensive line first. 

Better line....good cheaper backs will produce equally if not better as a GREAT expensive back with a line that struggles to run block. 

I feel like under 10 yards Singeltary makes the most out of those runs.  The issue is when schemed up he isnt hitting the homerun.  With Allen give me a guy that gets you 4 yards a clip vs a guy who gets no yards or losses than 50.

51 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Good grief - when will people recognize that the team, as currently constructed, is playing the way that modern NFL teams want to play?

image.jpeg.67258b90a529fd467199cdcee927ab1c.jpeg
😁👍

33 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think he eats his cereal out of a popcorn bowl?  My obese Aunt does and blames her thyroid for her weight gain.

Someone's Christmas present just became coal...

56 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

2 problems. Moss is exactly Singletary and our OL blocks poorly. 

The thing that confuses me the most about our OL is.. Dawkins, Morse, Williams and Boettger, Feliciano, Bates and Ford to a lesser degree are all serviceable linemen.. We have quite the logjam.. Pass protection is good but run blocking is inadequate.. I’m curious as to what McD does this offseason to resolve this issue..

The Bills don't focus on the run game most of the time. When they really wanted to run it they did so pretty well against the Pats and Chargers.

This obsession people have with the run game is comical. It's a passing league. The reason the Bills are not running it they way they used to is because they simply have no need to since Josh Allen has taken massive strides and we are capable of running a modern offense at a high level.

• Like (+1) 1

anyone remember one run in particular, I think it was Moss because it felt like he was past the offensive line before the ball was even snapped. I don't think it was anything more than a 7 yard gain, but I remember thinking he shot out of a cannon on that one particular play as it stood out to me from all other of the runs.