Five big time throws.....

And no neither the Davis or McKenzie one's were any big deal.  Right call, right read & easy TD's.

1. Allen flushed out and on the run to Diggs for 14 yards on the sidelines (near the end of the first quarter).  How he threw it right there and the toe tap, just wow.

2. Allen to Beasley same thing near the half and right at the sidelines.

3. Beasley TD a five yard dart (actually there were a few)

4. Davis for 18-20 yards over the middle.  A laser over the LB and into coverage.  Wow what a pass.

5. Beasley for 39 yards (right after #1), Allen rolling, buying time, Beasley comes across the field and Allen effortlessly throws it 40 yards on a rope.

These were out of this world plays and all right on the money.

Edited by Billsfan1972
spelling!!
  • Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And no neither the Davis or McKenzie once were any big deal.  Right call, right read & easy TD's.

1. Allen flushed out and on the run to Diggs for 14 yards on the sidelines (near the end of the first quarter).  How he threw it right there and the toe tap, just wow.

4. Davis for 18-20 yards over the middle.  A loser over the LB an d into coverage.  Wow what a pass.

5. Beasley for 39 yards (right after #1), Allen rolling, buying time, Beasley comes across the field and Allen effortlessly throws it 40 yards on a rope.

My favorite isn't even on the list...

The play where he climbed the pocket weaving through 4 defenders and then flicked a 15 or 20 yard pass to Diggs right on the money.

• Like (+1) 5

One other thing that no one's mentioned, I loved the way Josh pointed out that penalty when Diggs got mugged coming around the corner. Sure enough, flag came flying

A lot of people are comparing Allen to Newton or Roethlisberger in terms of style. To me, I think he looks a lot more like Elway

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

One other thing that no one's mentioned, I loved the way Josh pointed out that penalty when Diggs got mugged coming around the corner. Sure enough, flag came flying

Haha.  That’s something that if an opposing quarterback did, we’d hate them for it.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll never forget a throw JA made to Ray Ray in his first preseason game. It was an absolute rocket. I hoped that day he’d turn into the player he is now. What a fun ride it’s been, long way to go.

Its at 1:56

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

A lot of people are comparing Allen to Newton or Roethlisberger in terms of style. To me, I think he looks a lot more like Elway

Im not even sure they would have thrown it had he not called out that bs. The flag was delayed and it looked like the ref there was fumbling for his flag once he saw allen pointing vehemently at it it.

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Im not even sure they would have thrown it had he not called out that bs. The flag was delayed and it looked like the ref there was fumbling for his flag once he saw allen pointing vehemently at it it.

That was one of the most obvious penalties of the year, in the middle of the field, against a star player, right in front of the ref. Of course it would be called. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And no neither the Davis or McKenzie once were any big deal.  Right call, right read & easy TD's.

The Davis TD wasn't a big time throw but it was a perfect job by Allen manipulating Richard Sherman which allowed Davis to get wide open. Don't be fooled that it was an easy play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I was blown away by #4. That was insane, especially the view from behind. 

Yes. Same. When he threw it I thought it was a pick...and when they show that view from behind, it looked like Josh was wincing like ‘oh no!!! be good!!!’

Unreal pass. Dangerous but unreal. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Davis TD wasn't a big time throw but it was a perfect job by Allen manipulating Richard Sherman which allowed Davis to get wide open. Don't be fooled that it was an easy play.

The MacKenzie pass was a perfect lob, too. Sure he was open but it still was a beautiful pass. He only missed about three the entire game. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

As said Allen is much improved reading the D, so chalk that one up, but any Qb could have made those throws.  The 5 I pointed out were really special (in a game where there were a #).

Sucked that his QBR was only 75.2%😜

This list doesnt even include my favorite throw of the game. It was early in the first quarter, on the first drive I think. He actually moved left which isnt his strong suit and hit Beasly in stride on a laser to a soft spot of the zone. This throw I think he struggled to see the window against the Titans and Chiefs. It was early on and set the tone, after that throw I knew Josh was feeling himself.

Very first pass in this highlight reel:

20 minutes ago, jletha said:

This list doesnt even include my favorite throw of the game. It was early in the first quarter, on the first drive I think. He actually moved left which isnt his strong suit and hit Beasly in stride on a laser to a soft spot of the zone. This throw I think he struggled to see the window against the Titans and Chiefs. It was early on and set the tone, after that throw I knew Josh was feeling himself.

Very first pass in this highlight reel:

Yes I thought about that one too...  Make it 6 throws!!!!!😉

You know when your a real fan when you can relive a game and debat over which pass josh threw was his best

For me 4th down calmly sat in the pocket turned to diggs on the left side of the field and (of course diggs broke the dbs ankles again)fired a shot for a 3 yard game not real big time pass but game changing pass to take time off the clock and score another td

Edited by scuba guy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And no neither the Davis or McKenzie one's were any big deal.  Right call, right read & easy TD's.

4. Davis for 18-20 yards over the middle.  A laser over the LB and into coverage.  Wow what a pass.

This is why everyone is on the allen bandwagon after that game.  I had a chiefs fan message me during the game saying that allens arm talent is insane...which is crazy with Mahomes as your QB. 

• Like (+1) 1