Can Lee Smith just go already?

Ramza86

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Countless posters here said DiMarco was a waste of a roster spot at least a year before McBeane decided the same.

Same for Nate Peterman.  Why? Because we could see what happened on Sunday.  NO was awful, but then he “won” a bogus preason “QB competition@ because McD didn’t have the nerve to start him #7 pick week 1.  The folley of this decision was overwhelmingly obvious by halftime of week 1 and McD then did the obvious and the rest is history.

Coaches and FOs make mistakes ALL THE TIME.  How can you argue otherwise credibly? You can’t.

LOL....there you go again.  You know what's best for this team more than McDermott and Beane.  It took them 3 years to figure it out but you had it much faster than them.  You know Weo, you know all.

So Coaches and FO's make mistakes...they're not perfect.  So since they aren't perfect, that means you from the couch know more about the operations of the team than they do.  

"Since McDermott was wrong about Peterman, that means 100% he was wrong with Dimarco, Smith and anyone else I believe" - Weo.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is this a real question?

Yeah it is.  Do you from your couch know better than McDermott about the 53 man roster?

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL....there you go again.  You know what's best for this team more than McDermott and Beane.  It took them 3 years to figure it out but you had it much faster than them.  You know Weo, you know all.

So Coaches and FO's make mistakes...they're not perfect.  So since they aren't perfect, that means you from the couch know more about the operations of the team than they do.  

"Since McDermott was wrong about Peterman, that means 100% he was wrong with Dimarco, Smith and anyone else I believe" - Weo.

Yeah it is.  Do you from your couch know better than McDermott about the 53 man roster?

I’m not sure what you’re confused about.

Dimarco was deadwood.  Despite endless BS here about his “value” being a locker room leader, he was finally dumped because he STILL brought nothing on Sunday of value 

Despite NP being historically bad already—this clear fact was finally apparent to McD and he then did the right thing re putting Josh into the deep end where he learned to swim.  Starting NP was a predictable error.  There is no arguing otherwise.  

What part of any of this wasn’t obvious to fans on the couch?  None of it.  Many called for these moves correctly well before they inevitably happened. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

there are times when distance can be an asset. 

is this one of those times? Maybe. 

heck, for all we know there could be debate on this topic between McD, beane, and Daboll.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’m not sure what you’re confused about.

Dimarco was deadwood.  Despite endless BS here about his “value” being a locker room leader, he was finally dumped because he STILL brought nothing on Sunday of value 

Despite NP being historically bad already—this clear fact was finally apparent to McD and he then did the right thing re putting Josh into the deep end where he learned to swim.  Starting NP was a predictable error.  There is no arguing otherwise.  

What part of any of this wasn’t obvious to fans on the couch?  None of it.  Many called for these moves correctly well they happened. 

I'm not confused about anything lol.

Seeing a QB play terribly is much more obvious than understanding why a back up tight end is kept for multiple seasons.  Yes we can see that.  What can we not see?  Inside their doors.

So just straight up.

Lee Smith activated - McDermott wrong, Weo right.  Weo knows more about Lee Smith's value than McDermott.  This is correct?

Dimarco - McDermott wrong, Weo right.  This is correct?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Seeing a QB play terribly is much more obvious than understanding why a back up tight end is kept for multiple seasons.  Yes we can see that.  What can we not see?  Inside their doors.

So just straight up.

Lee Smith activated - McDermott wrong, Weo right.  Weo knows more about Lee Smith's value than McDermott.  This is correct?

Correct.   On Dimarco MANY here were right.  Nothing clearer than that.  Straight up.  Peterman?  Super straight up----I bet even you had that one figured out before McD.

Smith will be going soon.  The Bills still haven't figured out the TE spot for decades.  This FO is no different.  If they are keeping Smith as a glorified shop steward/mens room attendant then they still haven't figured the position out.

Pretty simple.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So just straight up.

Do you really think its impossible for a fan to be right on something and coach or GM not be?

Like what is this argument?  Why even talk about football?  Let's just say "McD knows best" rather than discussing how well players play?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Correct.   On Dimarco MANY here were right.  Nothing clearer than that.  Straight up.  Peterman?  Super straight up----I bet even you had that one figured out before McD.

Smith will be going soon.  The Bills still haven't figured out the TE spot for decades.  This FO is no different.  If they are keeping Smith as a glorified shop steward/mens room attendant then they still haven't figured the position out.

Pretty simple.

You really are saying you have a better grasp of the roster than McDermott....you really are saying it.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You really are saying you have a better grasp of the roster than McDermott....you really are saying it.

I'm sayıng I see what I see---so do many others.  

And that nothing can be more clear and well documented than the fact that HCs and GMs make bad mistakes every season--errors that fans predicted.   I really don't know how you can insist that is not true.

So yes, I (and many) could grasped that NP in now way should have been the week 1 starter in Josh's rookie season and I said so at the time.  By halftime, McD agreed with that assessment, clearly.   I and many concluded that DiMarco was a dud and ultimately McD agreed with us on our couches.  This is all known.  Why deny it?

Edited by Mr. WEO

I hated Smith a few years ago but he is getting less penalties and made a few catches this year. 

I view him as a basically a hockey enforcer, he is a morale type dude with grit, expendable but i dont mind keeping him if we have space. He shouldn't be running many if any routes tho.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do you really think its impossible for a fan to be right on something and coach or GM not be?

Like what is this argument?  Why even talk about football?  Let's just say "McD knows best" rather than discussing how well players play?

I never said GM's or Coaches are perfect.  You and I can see the obvious like QB's throwing picks or WR dropping balls.  

How much do any of us know what happens in the locker room, the film room, the positional meetings, what's happening in practice?  We don't.  So when McDermott activates Smith over Kroft, there's a reason none of us know.  And for message boards fans to say McDermott is wrong activating one back up tight end over the other is silly.  Questioning is much different than criticizing.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I never said GM's or Coaches are perfect.  You and I can see the obvious like QB's throwing picks or WR dropping balls.  

How much do any of us know what happens in the locker room, the film room, the positional meetings, what's happening in practice?  We don't.  So when McDermott activates Smith over Kroft, there's a reason none of us know.  And for message boards fans to say McDermott is wrong activating one back up tight end over the other is silly.  Questioning is much different than criticizing.

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Remember when BB would draft some garbage bust player and Pats fans would get all defensive like, "you think you know more than the guy that won 6 super bowls?!?!?!??"

Bills fans becoming Pats fans.  You hate to see it.

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m pretty sure I can be a better head coach than Adam Gase simply by hiring two guys who know NFL football and saying “You take care of all the offense and you take care of all the defense.”

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm sayıng I see what I see---so do many others.  

And that nothing can be more clear and well documented than the fact that HCs and GMs make bad mistakes every season--errors that fans predicted.   I really don't know how you can insist that is not true.

So yes, I (and many) could grasped that NP in now way should have been the week 1 starter in Josh's rookie season and I said so at the time.  By halftime, McD agreed with that assessment, clearly.   I and many concluded that DiMarco was a dud and ultimately McD agreed with us on our couches.  This is all known.  Why deny it?

Are fans or you ever wrong?  Since you're argument is HC's and GM's make mistakes every season, does that mean anything you say is 100% correct about their decisions?  Whether good or bad?

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Remember when we drafted the wrong Josh and that our Josh was going to bust? 

Are fans or you ever wrong?  Since you're argument is HC's and GM's make mistakes every season, does that mean anything you say is 100% correct about their decisions?  Whether good or bad?

Of course not.  Silly question...and off topic.

But good to see you were able to concede (finally) a hopeless point.  

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

This thread has somehow gotten worse. Surprised I don't feel compelled to join in but here we are.

image.png.e0c91a2a29d6f9a261b545ddc5a572ab.png

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Of course not.  Silly question...and off topic.

But good to see you were able to concede (finally) a hopeless point.  

LOL...it's not off topic.  You've stated you were/are right, McDermott was/is wrong.  That's exactly what we're talking about and you think there's no way you're wrong.

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I’m pretty sure I can be a better head coach than Adam Gase simply by hiring two guys who know NFL football and saying “You take care of all the offense and you take care of all the defense.”

Royale says, without being in the locker room and the film room, that's just crazy talk.

LOL...it's not off topic.  You've stated you were/are right, McDermott was/is wrong.  That's exactly what we're talking about and you think there's no way you're wrong.

You've said there's now a fan on his/her couch can be right.  That's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Royale says, without being in the locker room and the film room, that's just crazy talk.

Weo thinks I can determine everything from the outside.  I don't need to know the players, the gameplan, the playbook...none of that.  I'm right, they're wrong.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You've said there's now a fan on his/her couch can be right.  That's ridiculous.

is this english?

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Remember when we drafted the wrong Josh and that our Josh was going to bust? 

obviously fans can be wrong.

This is turning into one of the stranger rants in awhile. And there have been some strange ones