Michigan - Ohio State cancelled

Greg S

You know, Ohio St got their game cancelled, A&M got their game cancelled, why not have the Aggies fly up north to the horseshoe & have basically a play in game to see who gets in?  I am sure Texas A&M would do it, OSU, probably not since they are already sitting at 4.  I wish some of these Ads could think out of the box & show some guts like BYU did last week in flying cross country to play CC.  I hope Ohio St gets left out of the playoffs.  They are only going to play 6 games & it is just not fair to the other teams that have played 10+ games.  They should put Cinci or A&M over them.  Plus if you want to talk resumes, their schedule stinks.  The only decent team they have played is Indiana.

42 minutes ago, Gordio said:

You know, Ohio St got their game cancelled, A&M got their game cancelled, why not have the Aggies fly up north to the horseshoe & have basically a play in game to see who gets in?  I am sure Texas A&M would do it, OSU, probably not since they are already sitting at 4.  I wish some of these Ads could think out of the box & show some guts like BYU did last week in flying cross country to play CC.  I hope Ohio St gets left out of the playoffs.  They are only going to play 6 games & it is just not fair to the other teams that have played 10+ games.  They should put Cinci or A&M over them.  Plus if you want to talk resumes, their schedule stinks.  The only decent team they have played is Indiana.

I don't think that the OSU situation is fair either, but I readily admit that if Alabama was in the same situation I would be screaming for them to get into the playoffs.

Just being honest here.

24 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't think that the OSU situation is fair either, but I readily admit that if Alabama was in the same situation I would be screaming for them to get into the playoffs.

Just being honest here.

Of course because your a bama fan & you want what is best for your team.  There is nothing wrong with that.  But....Do I think OSU is one of the best 4 teams in the country.  of course.  Their resume does not justify being picked over A&M or Cinci imo.  The powers to be should of put some heat on for Buckeye/A&M matchup this weekend.  It makes too much sense.  

• Like (+1) 1

Fully admitting my bias, I truly see no issue with allowing OSU to play in the B1G championship. They're undefeated. They beat IU. Cancelling their sixth game was not OSU's fault or decision. They'd be in the B1G championship game even if they played Michigan tomorrow and lost by a million.  Removing the six-game requirement is fine with me because they've been changing the rules on the fly all year, and it makes sense under these circumstances.  I understand the view that the rules were made before the season and should not be changed now, and that's a valid point, but on balance the B1G championship situation feels correct to me.  And, we still don't even know if that game will be able to be played.

The CFP is a different story, assuming OSU is able to defeat NU. It's hard to leave out an undefeated B1G champion that easily passes any eye test with a roster full of NFL talent.  That's a team anyone should want to see compete in the playoff.  But I totally get that other teams played several more games and deserve additional consideration for making it happen in an unfathomably difficult year. I'd love to see OSU play A&M or Oklahoma this weekend -- that would be wild and so much fun for the fans, and it would be equally uncomfortable for the programs that rely so heavily on routine and game prep. There must be a ton of advance work that goes into these inter-conference matchups because they're planned years in advance, and scheduling a game on short notice for any reason doesn't seem to be taken seriously by the decisions makers. I really don't understand why an idea like that is a non-starter. In any event, I'd be upset and wonder what might have been if OSU gets left out, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it because I've seen OSU excluded under far more egregious circumstances (2015, 2018), and I'm just happy they figured out a way to play football this fall.  It's been highly entertaining.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

They canceled over “concerns.”

The Game has been played through the Spanish flu pandemic and two world wars! Over 100 years! Surreal it wasn’t played. Both teams were going to be down players. That’s just how it goes. They did not have to cancel. They chose to cancel. Herbie was right all along about the white flag and he had to go do that apology for nothing. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.