The josh haters are out in force today

Sharky7337

The problem with discussing any football reporter, especially ones from ESPN, is that you are ultimately trying to have a rationale conversation about a hyperbolic statement and that doesnt work.

The truth is Baker, Lamar, and Josh are all top 15 QBs in the league right now.  Just because one player has a great game, it doesnt mean the other is trash. 

If you want to look at Baker and Josh specifically, they are relatively close in what they've been able to accomplish in the NFL.  Josh has more wins, more combined touchdowns, and less ints.   Baker has a better completion percentage (by .7) and has a few more combined yards.    Baker is a good quarterback, but if you want to be real about elite physical talent, I think we all know how you should pick. 

The lesson here.  Stop watching FS1 and ESPN for God's sake.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Anyone else stop watching sports shows? 

I still watch GMFB , they're great but I just can't deal with the ESPN shows anymore.  

I don't watch pre game coverage either anymore, just can't do it. Majority of the ppl are awful 

ESPN still has sports shows? 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Here's another Bills hater Keyshawn Johnson.

I thought he was fair all in all.  Signature wins come in big spots.  Sunday night would definitely be a signature win.  A good team, with a long pedigree of winning, in a game with high-stakes (playoff position) on the line.  Sunday night is basically a playoff game.

1 hour ago, wjag said:

What were the reasons given?  

I watched First Things First for the first time today.  I was looking for some Bills talk and I can't stand the new ESPN shows.  Flipped this on.  The one guy (not Nick Wright) said that he doesn't like the Bills because he doesn't like the quarterback.  Says he has been playing terrible for the last two months and had one good game last night.  Said that over the last 2 months he has the same QBR as Mullens.  (Mind you, ESPN cherry picked their own stats during the broadcast to show that Mullens is off to one of the best starts ever to a career.)  Pretty clear than rather than have a reasoned discussion, he sees his job is to PROVE JA is bad.  I could see having some reservations about Allen...or not thinking he is one of the very top quarterbacks in the league yet, but claiming he has been BAD the last two months?  That's just silly and clearly he has a vested in interest in wanting to prove the he has been right all along about Allen.

43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Every week the hater list is evaporating. Mike Greenberg said this morning he's never been so incredibly wrong about Allen. Said he's on the verge of stardom. Max Kellerman is calling him elite and only Mahomes is better in the AFC.  If you're still a skeptical hater at this point you're just plain ignorant. 

PM is right now probably the best football player on the planet. He's had the benefit of great coaching and sits behind the wheel of the League's most powerful sports car. He's a very good athlete (not great and IMO not on Allen's level), he's got a tremendous arm (so does Allen), but the thing that makes him (the most) special is his ability to see the field and process with incredible speed. The game is just much slower for him than it is for normal human beings, even great athletes, and that in large measure accounts IMO for his outstanding accuracy. 

Thing is, he's so good that I really don't see much room for improvement. Allen on the other hand is still developing. All indications are that he will get better. I'll be interested in seeing how these two guys compare down the road. 

As has been said, although Allen deserves all the credit, the Bills have done a great job bringing him along, and they likely will continue to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The problem with discussing any football reporter, especially ones from ESPN, is that you are ultimately trying to have a rationale conversation about a hyperbolic statement and that doesnt work.

The truth is Baker, Lamar, and Josh are all top 15 QBs in the league right now.  Just because one player has a great game, it doesnt mean the other is trash. 

If you want to look at Baker and Josh specifically, they are relatively close in what they've been able to accomplish in the NFL.  Josh has more wins, more combined touchdowns, and less ints.   Baker has a better completion percentage (by .7) and has a few more combined yards.    Baker is a good quarterback, but if you want to be real about elite physical talent, I think we all know how you should pick. 

The lesson here.  Stop watching FS1 and ESPN for God's sake.

Baker is a game manager. Maybe he can be a very good game manager but if he doesn't have a running game he is not going to beat you himself. Allen can and sometimes they don't even bother running. That's the major difference I see.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

college stars shine because there are a number of games “bought” to get easy wins and boost stats 

His theory is that coaching (he uses the term 'situation' a lot) makes the QB- he uses the 2018 class as examples. My problem with his theory is that Mayfield got worse w Kitchens' bad coaching and improved under new coach Stefanski, but somehow Allen got better under same coaching staff and Jackson gets worse? The results don't match the hypothesis.

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Nick Wright on first things first still trashing Allen.

Skip Bayless says baker is better.

Steven A wasn't to bad. 

But they just keep moving the bar.

Opinions. Its more fun when not everyone is the same. 

4 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I was expecting to come to this thread to see comments from @JaCrispy; @BigDingus; @Nextmanup; @Gene1973; @MOVALLEYRANDY; @FireChans; @C.Biscuit97 and the rest of the "Josh Haters" crew.  Wrong thread I guess, or perhaps they loosened the grip on their perceived bias.

I criticize poor play and praise good play...crazy, I know...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I will never understand why anyone takes this guy seriously when it comes to QB evaluations. He’s just some random dude from Ireland. 

This.  He cherry picks the plays that show what he wants to convey.  He doesn't watch the game flow, probably doesn't for context.  It's all "charts".  His charts are the best charts, and everyone else is wrong.  

Except he put mariota as a top 3 - and will come up with 50 excuses why he failed.  And none of them are that he's just wrong, and mariota didn't have it between the ears.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

His theory is that coaching (he uses the term 'situation' a lot) makes the QB- he uses the 2018 class as examples. My problem with his theory is that Mayfield got worse w Kitchens' bad coaching and improved under new coach Stefanski, but somehow Allen got better under same coaching staff and Jackson gets worse? The results don't match the hypothesis.

coaching matters 

so does the QB

LJ is  a faker just like Faker Mayfield 

Maybe I’m not remembering correct 

who was Fakers HC when he broke a rookie TD record 

Ryan Clark, ESPN

Josh Allen was magnificent tonight, Cole Beasley been going crazy in the slot & Stefon Diggs is flat out different!! Man, if they stay clean & the defense keeps moving along, watch out.

— Ryan Clark (@Realrclark25) December 8, 2020

Rainn Wilson, Actor

.@JoshAllenQB is my second favorite quarterback.

— RainnWilson (@rainnwilson) December 8, 2020

Trey Wingo, formerly ESPN

Have a night @JoshAllenQB

— trey wingo (@wingoz) December 8, 2020

Gregg Rosenthal, NFL.com

That was an outrageous first half by Josh Allen.

— Gregg Rosenthal (@greggrosenthal) December 8, 2020

Sportscenter

Josh Allen tore it up in the Bills' win on MNF against the 49ers:

🔥 32/40 passing
🔥 375 yards
🔥 4 TDs pic.twitter.com/OlNPEEnekG

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 8, 2020

Adam Schein, CBS Sports

Just the beginning. Can’t wait until the Bills win a home playoff game. @JoshAllenQB is special. #BillsMafia

— Adam Schein (@AdamSchein) December 8, 2020

Pat McAfee, The Pat McAfee Show

Perfect execution by Josh Allen and the boys

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) December 8, 2020

Warren Sharp, Sharp Football

so glad this announce crew is giving proper credit to Brian Daboll

his play calling has been on point tonight and it's been that way most of the year

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) December 8, 2020

Will Brinson, CBS Sports

Stefon Diggs is putting on a freaking clinic tonight.

— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) December 8, 2020

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports

QB clinic

— Pete Prisco (@PriscoCBS) December 8, 2020

Terrell Owners, former Bills & 49ers WR

Dammit @JoshAllenQB!! I asked you to take it easy on my guys!!! 😢
Played for both teams so it’s a Win-Win!! Way to play!! #BillsMafia #MNF @BuffaloBills @BuffaloBillsPR https://t.co/NIc3ksdIXa

— Terrell Owens (@terrellowens) December 8, 2020

Steve Palazzolo, Pro Football Focus

Josh Allen is an unstoppable cyborg from another planet #BillsMafia

— Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) December 8, 2020

Albert Breer, MMQB

Brian Daboll’s calling a heck of a game.

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) December 8, 2020

Doug Flutie, former Bills QB

Last time we won on #MNF @BuffaloBills, I was under center in '99! Let's change that tonight! Wishing @JoshAllenQB @BuffaloBills good luck tonight against the @49ers. Get that W #billsnation! #billsmafia #MondayMotivation

— DOUG FLUTIE (@DougFlutie) December 8, 2020

Dan Orlovsky, ESPN

What’s @JoshAllenQB up to tonight??👀👀👀👀

— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) December 8, 2020

Dan ‘Big Cat’ Karz, Barstool Sports

Josh Allen is on fire

— Big Cat (@BarstoolBigCat) December 8, 2020

Pablo Torre, ESPN

It’s unfair that the NFL allows Josh Allen to throw a Vortex

— Pablo S. Torre (@PabloTorre) December 8, 2020

The Checkdown

Stefon Diggs has no chill when it comes to snatching ankles 😤 @stefondiggs @BuffaloBills

📺 #BUFvsSF on ESPN pic.twitter.com/5XKS2XL9V2

— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) December 8, 2020

Rich Eisen, NFL Network

Dayum, @JoshAllenQB is crushing it tonight.

— Rich Eisen (@richeisen) December 8, 2020

• Like (+1) 4