The Unthinkable: #1 Seed, Home Field thru Playoffs?

OK, I'm going to start this thread the right way, using the correct phrasing: Here me out!

Scenario: The Bills win out and the Steelers falter just enough to put us above them.  

The Bills win on Sunday (10-3) and the Steelers fall to 11-2.

Browns will beat the Steelers week 17, dropping them to 13-3. (**They could also lose to the Colts week 16). Bills have the tie-breaker over the Steelers.

The only problem obtaining the #1 seed, first-round bye and home field advantage is the Chiefs. I can see a loss to the Dolphins (if Fitz plays!) and a loss to the Saints. But, then they have the Falcons and Chargers at home to finish the season out. They probably finish 13-3 and they would have the tie-breaker over us!

I think we end-up the #2 seed. 

1 seed gets the only bye. That's huge, but home field is not that important this year. Especially because the Bills are a fast track nightmare for teams to deal with because Josh is prolific in good conditions. In Buffalo, January games call for running the and defending the run. Both of those are not our strengths. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hampton Josh fan said:

1 seed gets the only bye. That's huge, but home field is not that important this year. Especially because the Bills are a fast track nightmare for teams to deal with because Josh is prolific in good conditions. In Buffalo, January games call for running the and defending the run. Both of those are not our strengths. 

This isn’t the 70’s or even 30 years ago. The Bills will be able to throw the ball in January. In the elements.

It’s who they are and the bad Bills weather is more a myth than a reality.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

For this reason alone, there's no way the Pegulas don't build a dome. Allen hasn't fared well against the elements and we've all seen how well Allen plays with no elements involved. They're gonna provide this team with any advantage they can, especially for a franchise QB that's about to get seriously paid

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

OK, I'm going to start this thread the right way, using the correct phrasing: Here me out!

Scenario: The Bills win out and the Steelers falter just enough to put us above them.  

The Bills win on Sunday (10-3) and the Steelers fall to 11-2.

Browns will beat the Steelers week 17, dropping them to 13-3. (**They could also lose to the Colts week 16). Bills have the tie-breaker over the Steelers.

The only problem obtaining the #1 seed, first-round bye and home field advantage is the Chiefs. I can see a loss to the Dolphins (if Fitz plays!) and a loss to the Saints. But, then they have the Falcons and Chargers at home to finish the season out. They probably finish 13-3 and they would have the tie-breaker over us!

I think we end-up the #2 seed. 

Bolded is irrelevant in most likely scenario the IF both Chiefs and us are 13-3 and we are talking No.1 seed, then also Steelers are 13-3 and there is a 3way tie. If this happens, we get No.1.

The only way that Chiefs tiebreaker plays role is if Steelers end up 12-4 or worse.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

This isn’t the 70’s or even 30 years ago. The Bills will be able to throw the ball in January. In the elements.

It’s who they are and the bad Bills weather is more a myth than a reality.

How did they look in Buffalo against KC, NE, Chargers as opposed to the Niners, Miami, Arizona . I think our best chance is in good weather ,especially with no fans.

If the Bills win out they'll need a couple things to happen. They'll need the Steelers to lose 1 more game. They'll also need the Chiefs to lose 2 and all three teams finish at 13-3. Chiefs do get the Saints who could beat them. They also have the Falcons, Dolphins and Chargers. Maybe one of them knock them out too. I don't see it as realistic. The 2 seed though would be nice. 2 home games!

6 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

For this reason alone, there's no way the Pegulas don't build a dome. Allen hasn't fared well against the elements and we've all seen how well Allen plays with no elements involved. They're gonna provide this team with any advantage they can, especially for a franchise QB that's about to get seriously paid

Great take, but will the community help. These guys, as wealthy as they are need taxpayer help. 

Just now, Hampton Josh fan said:

Great take, but will the community help. These guys, as wealthy as they are need taxpayer help. 

Here's the other advantage no one''s apparently thought about. With a dome, can you imagine how loud that stadium would be? Rich Stadium and the Ralph were bad enough, but to contain that kind of noise in a dome? No one would want to play us

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Here's the other advantage no one''s apparently thought about. With a dome, can you imagine how loud that stadium would be? Rich Stadium and the Ralph were bad enough, but to contain that kind of noise in a dome? No one would want to play us

I want a dome. Our weather is just different. GB, Pittsburgh, and others get cold and snow but we get that wind to go along with it. I want a dome. We'll still have the noise factor. 

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Will never happen. Just no justification to get a decent return in investment. Plus Buffalo is a small market and would not be able to afford the subsidies that Pegula would ask for in addition to the fan based not putting up with the exorbitant  PSL and ticket prices. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I want a dome. Our weather is just different. GB, Pittsburgh, and others get cold and snow but we get that wind to go along with it. I want a dome. We'll still have the noise factor. 

The noise factor would be seriously amplified with a dome

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

It seems like we're starting to defend the run pretty well, no?

On offense, I agree... I'd much rather be throwing all game - and Josh Allen is built to throw in the elements, but it hasn't translated...yet.  

That being said, in a Playoff Game, if we need to run more, I think we see a lot more designed Allen runs than we have in the regular season.