Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

That will be hard to overcome and whoever now plays ILB will never have made their D calls (Williamson from the Jets or the converted safety, Marcus Allen).

I think somebody mentioned earlier it might be Minkah Fitzpatrick doing the calls...

At least it was speculation from this article  

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/lists/steelers-bills-nfl-vince-williams-avery-williamson/

Last week, when Robert Spillane went down with a knee injury, Williams took over the role of taking the defensive play calls. Now with Williams out, this means a different player, perhaps safety Minkah Fitzpatrick will be responsible for running the defense on the field.

Edited by goober
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Not that concerned w pouncey getting no practice in 10 days, out there blocking and making calls, touching the ball every snap. Might actually be in our favor. 

Yeah fair point. Even though he's a veteran, he hasn't practiced with Ben and the O-line in a while.

For what it's worth, Joe Marino on the Locked On Bills podcast said Pouncey has been performing at an average to below average level for the past couple seasons now. I'm sure he's better than his back up would have been, but hopefully Oliver and Butler can win that match up. Pittsburgh's O-line overall isn't close to being the dominant unit it once was especially at LG, C, and RT. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/10/2020 at 1:12 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

Pure gold. I saw this yesterday morning. It’s great. Kiper on FULL send....actually probably not even full send because it looks like he’s about to blow a gasket if it weren’t for being on TV. 

I remember a clip with him and 3 others, including Todd Mcshay, on NFL live in the spring before the 2019 season. The cast was asked who could be the most successful out of that 2018 class after their rookie years and Kiper fought for Allen. They all literally laughed right at him on television. He can be sort of a douche but he has pounded the table for Allen since day one. 

I remember that clip like it was yesterday.  McShay asked him multiple times in a row if he thought Allen would be better than Darnold and was mocking him -  Kiper stuck to his guns.   Everyone laughed him off the table, but he wouldn't budge.  He kept pointing to a lot of Allen's incompletions as great passes

How many points do the Bills have to score Sunday night?  Steelers give up an average of under 18.  I think if we put 24 on the board we win.  But those 24 will prove to be very tough to get.  Josh will be under pressure all night.  Small ball wins this game and Josh has to manage that type of game.

Edited by Pokebball

6 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

How many points do the Bills have to score Sunday night?  Steelers give up an average of under 8.  I think if we put 24 on the board we win.  But those 24 will prove to be very tough to get.  Josh will be under pressure all night.  Small ball wins this game and Josh has to manage that type of game.

The Steelers give up an average of 17.6 points per game. 

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This will be a great test to see if Beasley can always get open, Pitt has the best slot corner in football.

interesting because as a fantasy owner of Beasley I was just reading how Pitt actually gives up the 6th highest fantasy pts in the nfl to slot receivers.  It’s the outside receivers that typically see their production limited against steelers 

26 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

interesting because as a fantasy owner of Beasley I was just reading how Pitt actually gives up the 6th highest fantasy pts in the nfl to slot receivers.  It’s the outside receivers that typically see their production limited against steelers 

Telling you what I heard on LockedOn Bills today from Joe Marino. I trust Joe, he is an excellent scout. I am interested to see if Beasley can get open and if our line can give Josh time to find his open options. 

42 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

One bills Live today was saying the ESPN stat that josh is only 53 % accurate when blitzed is false. Did anyone have the real number?

Allen has been killing blitzes all year. 
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/8-things-to-watch-for-in-bills-vs-steelers-sunday-night-football

Against the blitz, Allen has the third-best QBR in the league with a mark of 92 along with a completion percentage of 67 percent, a success rate that's only slightly off his season completion percentage of 69.9 percent.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Don't tell the guys on "first take" or any other espn show.  Apparently all you need to do is blitz Allen to beat him.  And the stats of him against the blitz have proven how good he is against it so I don't know why they say it other than it's the Steelers.

Edited by The Wiz