Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

Just now, Boxcar said:

Great, giving their fans excuses. Which by the way, they are already putting out there.

You play the schedule (that covid-19) gives you.

Sucks to be them for sure but I'm not going to act like it doesn't make me grin a little.

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

What do people think about Big Ben taking off Wednesday? 

DeCastro and Villanueva? 

Josh is working ....hurt too.

They've been killed with their schedule because of TN and Balt honestly.  Rest days for them at this point in the season is normal but even under their current situation might not be enough.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

You play the schedule (that covid-19) gives you.

Sucks to be them for sure but I'm not going to act like it doesn't make me grin a little.

It's just annoying because the Bills are a better team, all injuries aside. It shouldn't bother me but guys like Keyshawn Johnson are saying "where's Buffalo's signature win?" (Uh, try against the Seahawks, dummies) and the Steelers being somewhat injured gives them more excuses.

And, amazingly, when people are now talking about the Bills' defense, it's all magical. "Oh they figured something out!" Nothing to do with Edmunds being injured, Milano being injured, White being injured at times. But the Steelers are super quick to cry about losing Dupree and Bush. Every team has had to deal with this stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, I don't think you want a game manager out of a #1 pick.  I'll go further, I don't think you can have a game manager #1 pick at QB...because a #1 pick who is starting for his franchise and stays starting, is going to expect to be paid "market rate" for a #1 pick.  And then it's going to get harder and harder to keep an impregnable wall at OL and a great run game and great defense around him.

On the other hand, a number of QB have started out at "game manager" level and taken a step as they learn to read defenses and react appropriately.  So that's one strategy.   Because he's being asked to be a game manager now, doesn't mean he'll remain a game manager forever. 

It's just a question of "wait and see", which I have no problem with in the media applied to any young QB

Great thoughts, bro!

Brady and Big Ben started out this way too and then grew into their own over time.

3 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

It's just annoying because the Bills are a better team, all injuries aside. It shouldn't bother me but guys like Keyshawn Johnson are saying "where's Buffalo's signature win?" (Uh, try against the Seahawks, dummies) and the Steelers being somewhat injured gives them more excuses.

And, amazingly, when people are now talking about the Bills' defense, it's all magical. "Oh they figured something out!" Nothing to do with Edmunds being injured, Milano being injured, White being injured at times. But the Steelers are super quick to cry about losing Dupree and Bush. Every team has had to deal with this stuff.

We probably care more about these things than the team does.  They know what they have and don't have.  I don't care if they roll out the red carpet to the playoffs and division with other teams doing us favors or not.

I remember having to MAKE the playoffs from other teams having to do us favors.

We're in the drivers seat right now, not in the trunk.  

Some people want to diminish a Bills win then let them.  All it proves is they haven't really watched 2-3 full games of this team other than what has been on primetime.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

DeCastro and Villanueva? 

Ben never practices on Wednesdays. The tackles might be rest day. Villanueva in particular has been showing his age. 

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Tbh, I have yet to see any evidence that Josh can play well in poor weather conditions.  He looked pretty bad against KC on a cool night with a light rain. 

KC was a bad game but there was rain the entire time and he was hurt.  As far as just wind, the rams game this year was very windy and Allen threw the ball well. I think he has the arm strength to cut through the wind that might be better than what Ben has at this point of his career. But as I said Ben is very used to playing in the wind so maybe he will adjust. 

3 hours ago, wjag said:

Hmm.  I see lots of quick passes over the middle of the field.  Temptation will be to try and run on these guys.  Everyone is expecting a repeat of last week's passing attack.  Seems like the Bills switch it up this week.  Every week's attack type seems different.

This, to me, screams screen game. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

DeCastro and Villanueva? 

I think the Steelers have gotten screwed by the Covid reschedules.  And Big Ben at 38 shoulda started nomming down on those kale shakes and avocado ice cream and sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber some time ago.

image.thumb.png.c12e6a3d4281691917320f4259bbd065.png

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the Steelers have gotten screwed by the Covid reschedules.

They sure have.  All in the process of being 11-1.  They have had to scrape out wins so I don't necessarily think they are out of this game at all.  Should be a tough out for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the Steelers have gotten screwed by the Covid reschedules.  And Big Ben at 38 shoulda started nomming down on those kale shakes and avocado ice cream and sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber some time ago.

The 10 sacks is amazing. Espc w how bad line has been and inability to run. 

Found this too...

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/12/steelers-can-no-longer-share-the-non-concern-about-batted-passes-after-washington-seals-win-with-tipped-pass-pick/

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ben's definitely not a threat to run.  🙂   One of my all time favorite stats is Dan Marino's career rushing total.  87 yards in 17 years for a scintillating 0.3 yards per attempt, ie 1 foot at a time..

Head to head passing stats very close.

1 minute ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

Why is everyone so mad about TV personalities doubting Allen?  Max Kellerman calls Brady trash.  There's never going to be agreement.

Well that one is okay  🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

We probably care more about these things than the team does.  They know what they have and don't have.  I don't care if they roll out the red carpet to the playoffs and division with other teams doing us favors or not.

I remember having to MAKE the playoffs from other teams having to do us favors.

We're in the drivers seat right now, not in the trunk.  

Some people want to diminish a Bills win then let them.  All it proves is they haven't really watched 2-3 full games of this team other than what has been on primetime.

I imagine the producers of these shows aren't going to allow all the personalities to rave, except maybe for the darlings like Brady (in the past) and Mahomes (now), who can do no wrong. Someone has to be the contrarian to spark discussion and controversy.