Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

We are primed and ready for a deep playoff run.  For week 13, we are extremely healthy and playing our best ball of the season on both sides of the ball and special teams.  The coaching staff has us (what looks to be) peaking at just the right time.

• Like (+1) 1

So Haden has 3 1/2 days to clear concussion protocol and still no word on what the COVID status of Pouncey is.  Connors was just activated and Pouncey joined COVID IR 4 days after him.  Might be activated late on Sunday is my guess.

Edited by The Wiz

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmm.  I see lots of quick passes over the middle of the field.  Temptation will be to try and run on these guys.  Everyone is expecting a repeat of last week's passing attack.  Seems like the Bills switch it up this week.  Every week's attack type seems different.

Edited by wjag

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

Hmm.  I see lots of quick passes over the middle of the field.  Temptation will be to try and run on these guys.  Everyone is expecting a repeat of last week's passing attack.  Seems like the Bills switch it up this week.  Every week's attack type seems different.

Which, imho, is the very best way to go -if you have the horses to do it.

Yes, I’m addicted to the Josh Sugar High, but I’ll certainly ‘settle’ for a ground & pound/dink & dunk Victory! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

Great thoughts and explanation, Hap. Thanks for sharing. I definitely see your point.

Do you really want a game manager out of a #1 pick though? I’m going to somewhat answer my own question but I’d like your thoughts as well.

If it takes him being a game manager for a year or two to start ascending to something greater, then it’s probably worth it for the Browns.

Great back and forth, bro!

No, I don't think you want a game manager out of a #1 pick.  I'll go further, I don't think you can have a game manager #1 pick at QB...because a #1 pick who is starting for his franchise and stays starting, is going to expect to be paid "market rate" for a #1 pick.  And then it's going to get harder and harder to keep an impregnable wall at OL and a great run game and great defense around him.

On the other hand, a number of QB have started out at "game manager" level and taken a step as they learn to read defenses and react appropriately.  So that's one strategy.   Because he's being asked to be a game manager now, doesn't mean he'll remain a game manager forever. 

It's just a question of "wait and see", which I have no problem with in the media applied to any young QB

Man...

For the Steelers to lose Bud Dupree, Joe Haden, Robert Spillane, and Vince Williams in the few weeks leading up to the Bills game is crazy. That's A LOT of defensive talent that won't be suiting up on Sunday night. The absences of Dupree and Haden (if he doesn't clear concussion protocol) especially, will be difference-makers.

And now I'm hearing that Chase Claypool didn't practice today? I wonder if the illness that kept him out will be serious enough to jeopardize his chance of playing.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Daboll:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493be8svwb17ibijh4h25j

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Bills spent almost all of their time in 1-1 or 1-0 personnel - even when they run

*rummage*  *rummage* Yes here we go (be sure set to 2020)

74% 1-1 personnel (3 WR)

17% 1-0 personnel (4 WR)

SoooooooOoooooo... how ya gonna decide when to bring on that sub-package? 

Daboll sez: "Go ahead and assume it must be a run play 'cuz you see Lee Smith's big ass on the field"

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Bills spent almost all of their time in 1-1 or 1-0 personnel - even when they run

*rummage*  *rummage* Yes here we go (be sure set to 2020)

74% 1-1 personnel (3 WR)

17% 1-0 personnel (4 WR)

SoooooooOoooooo... how ya gonna decide when to bring on that sub-package? 

Daboll sez: "Go ahead and assume it must be a run play 'cuz you see Lee Smith's big ass on the field"

And he's going to be wide open on those PA passes!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I can feel that exasperation from Orlovsky every team we face becomes the new real test and then once we beat them they become retroactively bad.

Yeah,  I just can't even.  And what is this argument that it doesn't matter that we beat the Rams and LV because they weren't playing well at the time?  How about we get a pass on losing to the Titans and the Chiefs because "we weren't playing well at the time"

The answer is we don't, and neither do they.  We won.  They lost.  We lost.  They won.  Period.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2