Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Thanks for posting.  Nick Wright’s explanation for his dissing of Allen is non sensical.  Steve A. Smith  has always been a tool.  He is also reaching.

Is that who that first dude is?  Who is Nick Wright?  What's his background?

I mean it's fair to say "guy was Wow! for the first 4 games, then disappeared" but to claim he just reappeared for this game and ignore the Seahawks and Cardinals games or the efficient, workmanlike game-manager outings in the Patriots, Jets, and Chargers games, is pretty durn bogus.  Then to say "Baker Mayfield is better"....Mayfield has had 6 games where he passed for less than 200 yds and 5 games where he had less than 60% completions.  Josh has had 3 games where he passed for fewer than 200 yds and 1 game where he had less than 60% completions.  He has 6 more passing TDs and 1 more INT than Mayfield, a productivity trade-off most OCs would jump on in a heartbeat, and that's leaving out the rush TDs (Josh 6, Baker 0).   If his argument is Josh laid an egg in last year's playoff game....well....when did we see Mayfield in a playoff game to know what he'd do?

Wierd take all around.

And then there's Colin Cowherd "Josh Allen didn't get better...His coaching got better"  Um, hello?  How about his coaching got better, and that helped him get better?  But his coaching didn't follow him home in the off season and help him grind.

Pete Prisco

????

Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills 

Latest Odds:Bills -2.5

Both teams are playing on a short week after playing Monday, but Buffalo comes in feeling much better about themselves. They are playing well after Josh Allen lit up the 49ers. The Steelers have a better defense, but they showed some flaws against Washington. They can't run it, which is a problem. I think the Bills keep rolling.

Pick: Bills 27, Steelers 23

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-week-14-nfl-picks-giants-win-again-bears-finally-end-slide-steelers-take-another-loss/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that who that first dude is?  Who is Nick Wright?  What's his background?

I mean it's fair to say "guy was Wow! for the first 4 games, then disappeared" but to claim he just reappeared for this game and ignore the Seahawks and Cardinals games or the efficient, workmanlike game-manager outings in the Patriots, Jets, and Chargers games, is pretty durn bogus.  Then to say "Baker Mayfield is better"....Mayfield has had 6 games where he passed for less than 200 yds and 5 games where he had less than 60% completions.  Josh has had 3 games where he passed for fewer than 200 yds and 1 game where he had less than 60% completions.  He has 6 more passing TDs and 1 more INT than Mayfield, a productivity trade-off most OCs would jump on in a heartbeat, and that's leaving out the rush TDs (Josh 6, Baker 0).   If his argument is Josh laid an egg in last year's playoff game....well....when did we see Mayfield in a playoff game to know what he'd do?

Wierd take all around.

And then there's Colin Cowherd "Josh Allen didn't get better...His coaching got better"  Um, hello?  How about his coaching got better, and that helped him get better?  But his coaching didn't follow him home in the off season and help him grind.

I have no idea who Nick Wright is but he is a nitwit.   Smith has an anti-Josh agenda for some reason, which I suspect traces back to the draft day revelations about Allen’s teenage dumb.  He would be hardly the only one.  I never understood the love for Cowherd.  All in all, it makes you wonder why you did not go into that field.  How hard would it be to be at the top when idiots like this are drawing paychecks? 

23 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Smith has an anti-Josh agenda for some reason, which I suspect traces back to the draft day revelations about Allen’s teenage dumb.

I really don't think that's the case.  Smith did a show on it at the time and expressed that he felt Allen was genuinely remorseful and that he (Smith) himself had independently verified that the tweets were actually quotes of a show (a sitcom I believe) or music lyrics; he kind of became an advocate, not for Josh's past behavior per se but for putting the behavior in context that he was a high school kid at the time, he was quoting a show not expressing his own words, and he had expressed remorse about it.

I think he's "wait and see for a playoff game" at this point and I can't blame him for that.

Hmm, this is a weird twist. The Bills playing against a team that doesn't run the ball well. I believe the Steelers are also down both their starting CBs as well. Man, if Brown was active for this game. Biggest threat from that D is obviously Watt. Maybe we bring Kroft back for this one?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really don't think that's the case.  Smith did a show on it at the time and expressed that he felt Allen was genuinely remorseful and that he (Smith) himself had independently verified that the tweets were actually quotes of a show (a sitcom I believe) or music lyrics; he kind of became an advocate, not for Josh's past behavior per se but for putting the behavior in context that he was a high school kid at the time, he was quoting a show not expressing his own words, and he had expressed remorse about it.

I think he's "wait and see for a playoff game" at this point and I can't blame him for that.

Thanks.  I missed that.  

My favorite things from the week have been the Baker is better than Josh group. I lol'd. Skip Bayless and Nick Wright. Some people can't get out of their own way. Not sure if I like Nick's cherry picked stats or Skip's reason of liking Baker more as intangibles (leadership). Neither of these two have watched a Bills game that wasn't: Titans, Chiefs, 49ers this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

My favorite things from the week have been the Baker is better than Josh group. I lol'd. Skip Bayless and Nick Wright. Some people can't get out of their own way. Not sure if I like Nick's cherry picked stats or Skip's reason of liking Baker more as intangibles (leadership). Neither of these two have watched a Bills game that wasn't: Titans, Chiefs, 49ers this year. 

Leadership and Mayfield don't belong in the same sentence, at least compared to Allen anyway. Too many times Mayfield has shown up to press conferences looking like a hobo and yet he shows leadership?

14 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Nick says he watches the games and Allen was terrible in October and November well if he watched the games then he would've known he had a separated shoulder 

Not to mention 4-3 in October and November.  Almost 5-2 if not for the hail mary play.  He wants to rag on Allen for the Chiefs and Titans game then fine (even though the Titans game was just bad all around).  There were no other games in that time frame where the team didn't do what they had to to win.  Not always about throwing for 300+ yards and 3-4 TDs.

Edited by The Wiz

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

per half?  Lol

I’m over 6 

I'll move the line like Vegas when I see the bets come in. 

Also Collinsworth will be busy sucking off every Pitt player so I feel like 6 to start is good. 

Edited by The Wiz

21 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Hmm, this is a weird twist. The Bills playing against a team that doesn't run the ball well. I believe the Steelers are also down both their starting CBs as well. Man, if Brown was active for this game. Biggest threat from that D is obviously Watt. Maybe we bring Kroft back for this one?

Their one starting CB will be back. Haden may also be back; depends on concussion protocol

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Sounds familiar, Joshua. Kudos to you for “adopting” it as Kyle Williams asked at the end of his speech. 

Josh is wise beyond his years and takes the best pieces of the people he’s been surrounded with to make himself better. 

I love and miss Kyle Williams so much. What a great example of leadership. 

Thank you for sharing.

Edited by HomeTeam
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

What stats did Nick Wright provide to support his contention?