Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Beat the Jets on a Thursday night when all the colour blind people went berserk because of the Jets all greens and not being able to tell the teams apart. 

We lost a Thursday night home opener with them too, when Fitz was a Jet and he passed all over us to drop us to 0-2 on the 2016 season.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I know theres some people that love the DVOA stat around here. So here's a nice tid bit from Fairburn on "the athletic". The fact that the defense has crept up to an average ranking after such a horrendous start says a ton about how they've played over the last 6 or 7 games. Fun to see.

7. The Bills are now ninth in total DVOA, according to Football Outsiders. They finished the 2019 season ranked 12th in DVOA. They have the sixth-highest Super Bowl odds in the league, according to Football Outsiders, winning the Super Bowl in 10.5 percent of simulations. According to DVOA, the Bills have the No. 7 offense, No. 16 defense and No. 5 special teams units in the NFL. Even the analytics are coming around on these Bills.

Considering that involved games against Russ, Murray, and Herbert thats pretty impressive.  We be coming.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

50/50 game at home here. Steelers are a well coached team with an elite defense, good ST unit and an offense that has struggled at times but has been good enough (and is anchored by a two time Super Bowl winning QB), toss in the fact that they are well coached and this is going to be a tough one in bad weather conditions. This is going to be a game where Josh, Singletary and Moss have to rush the ball and control the offense. John Brown is still out and the weather will be bad on Sunday. What gives me some optimism is that the Steelers haven't been able to run the ball well and their pass rush suffered a big setback losing Bud Dupree. In the end this game is going to come down to three factors. 

1- Turnovers (as most games do but especially in bad weather where one turnover could be the margin.) 

2- Who can rush the ball.

3- Which team makes the big play. 

This is a pure tossup. Right now I am feeling Buffalo 24 Steelers 21. 

Too early to know about the weather yet.  A few hours can make a big difference and we won't be able to be that accurate weather wise until Saturday afternoon.

50 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

2-1.  I think there was another win I am forgetting though.

W Colts in 18

W Miami in 19

L Ravens 19

I feel like they wore them against the Jets in a win and also agains Jags but can't find it right now.

We've played more than that in them. Also beat the Lions and I'm pretty sure we've both won and lost to the jets in them 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

50/50 game at home here. Steelers are a well coached team with an elite defense, good ST unit and an offense that has struggled at times but has been good enough (and is anchored by a two time Super Bowl winning QB), toss in the fact that they are well coached and this is going to be a tough one in bad weather conditions. This is going to be a game where Josh, Singletary and Moss have to rush the ball and control the offense. John Brown is still out and the weather will be bad on Sunday. What gives me some optimism is that the Steelers haven't been able to run the ball well and their pass rush suffered a big setback losing Bud Dupree. In the end this game is going to come down to three factors. 

1- Turnovers (as most games do but especially in bad weather where one turnover could be the margin.) 

2- Who can rush the ball.

3- Which team makes the big play. 

This is a pure tossup. Right now I am feeling Buffalo 24 Steelers 21. 

I think the Steelers have the best defense for 2020, but I would not use "elite" as a term. They've let 5 teams go 20+ on them.

The elite defenses from 20 years ago cringe at that.

The Eagles got 29. Bring it. That QB list speaks for itself....

BTW let it snow. Pitt looked lost in the bad weather vs a Balt team missing everyone, can't run, can't catch...I know we dont do great either, but bring it all. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

15 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

will be watching for news on Haden and Spillane closely the next couple of days.  Them being out could be helpful to our offense.

Spillane wont be playing. Tomlin slow played it in his presser saying "still being evaluated", but the beat reporters said he "will avoid surgery, but will miss time, expected back this season". He aint playing. 

Haden is worth watching for. Personally I doubt he clears concussion protocol on a short week, but it has been done. 

Like you say, two big blows if they are out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

will be watching for news on Haden and Spillane closely the next couple of days.  Them being out could be helpful to our offense.

Tomlin said that he expects Spillane to miss time.  🙏🏻 That he does.  I don’t want that guy coming near any of our players.  He clobbers people!! 

LOL "Dr Poyer and Mr Hyde" say nothing Josh does would surprise them:

“That’s not new, we know what Josh is capable of doing,” Bills safety Micah Hyde said after the game.

“He’s on a mission right now, he wants to win, he loves to win and I’m happy for him.”

“He’s a baller, he’s been a baller it’s no surprise. I mean that’s our quarterback he’s a baller. It’s no surprise to us what he does every week so happy he’s on our team,” Bills safety Jordan Poyer said.

So is there anything Allen can do that would shock anyone on this team?

“To be honest, nothing. He can go out there and throw for 400 and five touchdowns and I’m not surprised. He’s just Josh, we watch him every day in practice making big throws on us,” Hyde explained.

“It’s huge when you have a quarterback playing like that,” Poyer said.

https://twitter.com/JennaHarner11/status/1336739196434837510?s=20

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I just....... I just love him so much. I LOVE THAT MAN.

That was one of those questions I mentioned in the Kyler thread.  As soon as the media guy said, I'm going to get philosophical with you, with this question, I thought Oh Oh.  Josh hit it out of the park with his answer.

• Like (+1) 2