Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

I really didn't want The Football Team to beat them yesterday. Not that I wanted and expected Buffalo to be the first, but now the Steelers are going to pissed and they are going to come in with a no way we are going to lose attitude. This game is going to be a lot tougher than it may have been if Pittsburgh was  coming in at 12-0.

• Like (+1) 1

I am not writing off anyone the way our defense still gives up huge yardage plays.  I hate Ben R. (sorry, can't spell his name) but I think he can still throw the ball.  I do think, though, that our run defense has improved lately.

I do like this Bills team and they are easy to root for.  I just am expecting a tough game vs. the Steelers.

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

I really didn't want The Football Team to beat them yesterday. Not that I wanted and expected Buffalo to be the first, but now the Steelers are going to pissed and they are going to come in with a no way we are going to lose attitude. This game is going to be a lot tougher than it may have been if Pittsburgh was  coming in at 12-0.

You could be right, but I could see that loss spiraling to more than one.  Lose a heartbreaker to an NFC East to break your chance at history.  That can be the thing that sticks in your mind longer than it should (and theyll need all that time cause we coming).

17 minutes ago, Realist said:

Maybe...thats kinda fan speak. I feel the Steelers have been fairly unimpressive all around and the game will be hyped. Now we actually have a mathematical shot at #2 . Sucks there is no bye, but Pitt drops another of the last 3 and we win out, viola. 

Tough game? Yep...but we will be in it. Cant see this team being weak.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

I am not writing off anyone the way our defense still gives up huge yardage plays.  I hate Ben R. (sorry, can't spell his name) but I think he can still throw the ball.  I do think, though, that our run defense has improved lately.

I do like this Bills team and they are easy to root for.  I just am expecting a tough game vs. the Steelers.

It's going to be a good old fashioned dog fight.  They have a tough D.  Buffalo will have the crowd though... 🙂 

24 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

You could be right, but I could see that loss spiraling to more than one.  Lose a heartbreaker to an NFC East to break your chance at history.  That can be the thing that sticks in your mind longer than it should (and theyll need all that time cause we coming).

Also 3 games in 11 days for them. That is a lot of football over a short period of time. That has to be wearing them down somewhat. I still expect a tough game though.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Also 3 games in 11 days for them. That is a lot of football over a short period of time. That has to be wearing them down somewhat. I still expect a tough game though.

Yeah no doubt a tough game.  They are still a good team; I just think after a loss might be the best time to be catching them (thats contrary to usual).

To me the difficulty with the Pittsburgh matchup is the talent and depth at the WR position.  The Steelers have so many weapons so it isn't if you take away one guy and contain the remainder.  They are very deep and will keep the Bills in Nickel where Taron 24 and Levi39 will have to be at their very best.

Hopefully our (Bills) offense can romp again while holding the Steelers here and there  to field goals, punts and causing a fortuitous turnover.  

This is my current analysis.

• Like (+1) 1

My early observations: 

-steelers win by turnover differential and big plays to WRs. When those are not on, they struggle.

-WRs have a ton of drops lately

- typical steeler good D , really get to QB...but look at the QBs they have faced. 

-secondary will be banged up, key injuries on a team that is not that deep. 

-oline is not typical Steeler standard, have trouble running. RBs are nothing scary.

-schedule has been weak. Best wins; Titans and Browns blowout.

-really unimpressive lately.

- Big Ben has looked like the old king who dies at the beginning of the movie. He's a dinosaur back there, but I still would not underestimate him. I think we can put him down. 

-Bills can win the game, and maybe even should be favored. The Steelers cant run.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1