Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

I wish the Bills would have had an opportunity to give them their first loss. Three games in eleven days for them could be tough but I expect a pissed off Steelers team coming to Buffalo after a loss. Tomlin looks and sounds angry in his post game comments after a win so I could only imagine what kind of a mood he will be in this week. This game will be tough but winnable. 10-3 would be a nice and since KC will probably beat Miami a Bills win would all but guarantee the AFCE.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Annoying that Washington beat them. Would have been nice to see the Bills hand them their first loss.

I think a lot of us wanted that, but if we can give them their second loss and have opportunity to get up to 2nd seed and have possible 2 home games that would be ideal

• Like (+1) 5

Couldn't have asked to play them at a better time with their injuries and slumping. Can't lay an egg here at home. Old Bills teams would crap the bed right about now. Exorcise those old demons once and for all here and show the nation we are for real, now and for a long time to come.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That is going to change by the time the game is played.  After the digesting of what happened last night sinks in, money is going to flow to the Bills side of the ledger.

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

After last night I wouldn't be surprised if its a pick em or the Bills are slight favorites by Sunday night. I would guess most money will be on the Bills this week.

Edited by Greg S

I actually prefer playing this team after a loss (particularly the type they had).  I think they could def have been playing hard because of the perfect record.  Now that its slipped away I think they have another let down game.  Oakland just had  2 let down games (Greggo bailing them out of 2 losses) after that heartbreaking loss to the Chiefs.  Even though they are pros these type of let downs happen (also short week so any hangovers eat a bigger chunk of time).  

• Like (+1) 1

Bud Dupree is a huge loss for the Steelers as well. One small complaint I have with Daboll is that he doesn't give enough respect in the game plan to elite defensive line players on the opposing team. A few times per game, you'll see a Gabe Davis or Tyler Kroft being asked to single block a Joey Bosa/JJ Watt/Myles Garrett and these guys have had a huge impact and have wrecked or nearly wrecked the game. 

We've caught a break with Dupree out with that unfortunate injury and I like to see us chip or double block TJ Watt on every play. The Steelers defense is strong, but limiting Watt's impact gives us the best chance to score points. It sounds really simple, but we haven't been able to stop that level of elite edge talent over the past couple years and I hope we'll adjust.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Bud Dupree is a huge loss for the Steelers as well. One small complaint I have with Daboll is that he doesn't give enough respect in the game plan to elite defensive line players on the opposing team. A few times per game, you'll see a Gabe Davis or Tyler Kroft being asked to single block a Joey Bosa/JJ Watt/Myles Garrett and these guys have had a huge impact and have wrecked or nearly wrecked the game. 

We've caught a break with Dupree out with that unfortunate injury and I like to see us chip or double block TJ Watt on every play. The Steelers defense is strong, but limiting Watt's impact gives us the best chance to score points. It sounds really simple, but we haven't been able to stop that level of elite edge talent over the past couple years and I hope we'll adjust.

Yeah I think its as Chris Simms would say just not thinking how the whiteboard translates to the field.  On the board its "O blocks X were good."  In reality it could end up being Davis trying to seal Bosa on a run.  Thats not gonna work.  But honestly that was an amazing game he called last night.  He had a lot of answers against a defensive coach everyone was fawning over.

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1