Post Game thread Bills @ 49ers

Chandler#81

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Allen's arm tonight was unreal with that zip. Allen looked like John Elway, running throwing lazer's... that pass to Gabe Davis with the slight pump fake and the ball was there in the blink of an eye. Richard Sherman frozen just watching. Just awesome.  

I'm sure Sherman has a lot of respect for Allen after tonight. He got beat a ton, and had that PI against Diggs.

22 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

No Ike LG Mongo RG, Winters came in for a decent stretch then Mongo came back in. Bates came in last drive. Maybe Winters also got banged up? Meanwhile announcers pretty much were unaware. 

You're right, Winters was announced with his pic in the little box, but we wasn't out there.

Yeah, I agree about the announcers, I heard them mention Brian McDermott & Mike Milano...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Think this was the Bills best overall game of the year, offense, defense, special teams wasn't asked to do much, but no mistakes either, few penalties, no turnovers, 10 minutes more possession!

Considering the competition, I'd say the Seahawks. I know that the D gave up 34 but that's when they started turning around.

Tonight was a complete game too though!

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, WideNine said:

What's the deal with Moss and the fumble-itis?

Wondering if losing the handle was an issue when he was at Utah...if it was, Beane has to focus on finding a back that does not put it on the ground. We seem to have that skill covered in our RB group.

I think everyone lost total faith in him after that play, at least for this game, but

maybe beyond. It was clearly nerves/fear In that position in the endzone. 

when motor went down early, I thought for sure we would finally see Moss Unleashed....

and then that fumble.

i actually bet you they dress Yeldon next week now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Moss' fumble was 100% nerves. He never even had the ball, he knew it was a big moment & just choked, it happens. I expect he'll learn from it & work his way back to being reliable in the coaches' eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think everyone lost total faith in him after that play, at least for this game, but

maybe beyond. It was clearly nerves/fear In that position in the endzone. 

when motor went down early, I thought for sure we would finally see Moss Unleashed....

and then that fumble.

i actually bet you they dress Yeldon next week now. 

Hmm I thought he got bit banged up. Was that before or after the fumble?

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I think the playoff loss still haunts him. Nothing like going for the throat and being successful. I also trust Josh in any situation he’s in, because he is a legitimate freak of an athlete. Glad McDermott is trusting him too. Daboll called a great game too.

He did, other than the 2nd QB sneak. I thought that was a bad decision. I also think Allen telegraphs the sneak a little too much. He seems to lean over the center more before taking the snap. If I noticed it, for sure opposing defenses have noticed.

The other call I didn't like was running it on 2nd and goal from the 10 yard line. They picked up 2 or 3. I'd rather take an extra shot at the TD than pick up a couple meaningless yards. I think that was the drive we went for it on 4th down and got stuffed.

But overall I really like how Daboll calls the games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Didn't realize Louis Riddick's brother was Rob Riddick.  Wasn't he the guy who dropped the TD in the playoff game against Cleveland?

No. It was Ronnie Harmon. I still have the smashed remote control from my TV to prove it. One of the most deflating moments in Bills history. Was Jim Kelly’s best game. 
Rob Riddick was a baller. Great special teams player. Always gave it his best. 

2 minutes ago, RunninRebel37 said:

Ultimately the Bills are (now) a 9-3 team playing a 3rd string QB on a below .500 team. Definitely awesome work by the “O”, but we should dominate a team like that. 

We did. It was 34-17 with 30 seconds left 

.... and that’s their 2nd string qb.... that just drove them down the field to beat the 8-4 rams last week.

soooo ya. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Buftex said:

So, am I the only one who never knew that Louis Riddick was the brother of former Bill (and one of my favorites) Robb Riddick?  

When I told my dad that tonight it was like the dots just all immediately connected. He had never considered / realized they were brothers. He also spoke very highly of Robb Riddick, but obviously way before my time...(you old farts 😏)

• Like (+1) 1