Post Game thread Bills @ 49ers

Chandler#81

So satisfying to see our boy Josh obliterate the “physical” and “aggressive” 49’s D, despite how hard the announcers were trying to form their narrative.  Defense is coming to form, Josh and the boys are becoming assassins. Pittsburgh, you’re next. Buffalo vs. EVERYBODY. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Nelius said:

And for those keeping score Stefon Diggs is now tied with Keenan Allen for most receptions in the league - 90

I feel like the Justin Jefferson surge (he's good) has kind of taken away from how amazing of a trade this was for the Bills. Beane just went out and snagged a legit top receiver in the league. Yeah Jefferson looks great but let's see him run those crispy Diggs routes for another 6 years or so. Diggs is incredible.

One of those rare win-win trades for both teams. But unfortunately for the Vikes and Jefferson they will probably have issues in a few seasons when the Vikings likely do not have a franchise QB and have to make a decision on Jefferson. And will Jefferson want to sign long-term if they don't have a QB? 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I loved how we went for it on 4th down the way we did with almost no hesitation. 

McDermott has become arguably the most aggressive coach in the league on 4th downs. It's been quite the transformation. He certainly trusts Allen and these receivers to get it done.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh was in a zone tonight. I've never seen him look so poised, focused and confident. He was throwing dimes out there. Bring back a healthy Smoke and get our RB duo to step up their game and this team can beat KC in an AFC Championship game.

• Like (+1) 11

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

McDermott has become arguably the most aggressive coach in the league on 4th downs. It's been quite the transformation. He certainly trusts Allen and these receivers to get it done.

I think the primary reason for that is cuz we went from one of the worst offenses in the league to one of the best.  That definitely alters your probabilities & expected utility calculations.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MarkMiller said:

So satisfying to see our boy Josh obliterate the “physical” and “aggressive” 49’s D, despite how hard the announcers were trying to form their narrative.  Defense is coming to form, Josh and the boys are becoming assassins. Pittsburgh, you’re next. Buffalo vs. EVERYBODY. 

wait. The Niners Defense is “physical”? Never heard that before. 

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The Bills took the Niners 5th overall ranked defense, gently set it down on the ground, dropped their pants and then proceeded to take a great big s*** on it.  After which they told the Niners O to go clean it up.

Lol good stuff. Did you see Shanny post game presser? Gave Bills credit then he basically said they left a couple plays on field or they are right with us. Wish we would not have given up all those garbage yards and TD in 4th. Fairly dominant performance by Bills! Shanny in la la land. Hope the Lions politicians weren’t watching that game if I’m niners DC 😂

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This was pretty funny actually.

Oh my god I just noticed Allen's drawing of the Bills logo hanging from his door. Tremendous work from whatever animator that snuck that in.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Somebody has a stat on Bills #1 in win probably (or some fancy next gen term) on going for it on 4th!!! 

A thorough beating. The game was never in doubt. Josh was unreal tonight. Defense played good. Really wanted them to get that garbage time TD stop but oh well. Edmunds looked good. He gave up that TD but I’m gonna blame that on Moss for giving them the ball right back after they stopped them on a 6+ minute drive. Nice to see Milano back. Oh, and Cole Beasley is awesome. 

58 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yeah although they struggled with the Titans and Chiefs zone for some reason.  Line was great tonight. 

Titans game was a snowball rolling downhill. The score doesn't reflect the game. The D couldn't get the ball back to Josh.

The Chiefs game, the Bills played it tactically correct but missed opportunities. I'm ok with it, they're young and playing the champs under a spotlight. You could see how it motivated them for tonight.

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Somebody has a stat on Bills #1 in win probably (or some fancy next gen term) on going for it on 4th!!! 

I think the playoff loss still haunts him. Nothing like going for the throat and being successful. I also trust Josh in any situation he’s in, because he is a legitimate freak of an athlete. Glad McDermott is trusting him too. Daboll called a great game too.