Chuck Yeager has died

Just Jack

Chuck Yeager, first to break sound barrier, dead at 97 (link has 87 in it, assume they corrected article but did not change link)

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-chuck-yeager-dead-age-87-broke-sound-barrier-right-stuff-20201208-dgr2oayu6rgzlphndltn72k64e-story.html

Chuck Yeager, the pioneering Air Force pilot who broke the sound barrier and was featured in “The Right Stuff,” has died.

He also broke a secondary sound barrier, flying two-and-a-half times the speed of sound in 1953. 

He did a lecture at Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum I was able to attend.

• Like (+1) 1

Chuck Yeager is beloved here in WV.  Flags will be at half staff to honor his passing.

He had The Right Stuff and would have been one of the Mercury astronauts if he had had a college degree.

The airport in Charleston is named after him.

2 hours ago, Bob Lamb said:

Read his autobiography - this man was an American hero 

Yeah, I read it many years ago.

He certainly was an American "hero", but he also knew and acted like he was a hero.  At least that's the impression I got from reading that.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.