MNF undercard: WFT at Steelers 5pm Fox

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder if the NFL could play all 16 games on national TV? Couple games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday? It would do away with Sunday Ticket but would they make just as much?

Baby steps, I’d like to see MNF be a permanent double header. I like having two games on Mondays. If it were up to me it would be 2 MNF, Tuesday night football, Thursday night football, and the usual Sunday 1pm, 4pm and 8pm. 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder if the NFL could play all 16 games on national TV? Couple games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday? It would do away with Sunday Ticket but would they make just as much?

No chance. You can't schedule games like that. It's one of the most violent sports, can;t be playing more than once a week consistently. Quality of product would drop DRASTICALLY.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'd bet this happens. It will make up for the salary cap for next year. They'll have 2 more national games a week and the TV stations will pay a lot for it.

4 minutes ago, McGahee said:

No chance. You can't schedule games like that. It's one of the most violent sports, can;t be playing more than once a week consistently. Quality of product would drop DRASTICALLY.

Well I'm not advocating 2 games per week. But we're seeing this year that you can float around Sunday, give teams at least 6 days between games. Maybe a second bye week too.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know...never thought I would say it, but there i kinda feel like there are almost too many games on now. It kinda takes some of the lustre off the game, to me...but I am not the demographic they are trying to draw in, necessarilly.