Touchdown Jesus' Amazing Background

wettlaufer

1 hour ago, wettlaufer said:

As we may see snaps from Jake Kumerow tonight, I looked up his stats and history and the latter is amazing:

Father Eric played linebacker for the Dolphins.

Grandfather played guard in both NFL and AFL.

Great uncle played center as one of the 100 best Chicago Bears.

Uncle John Bosa was a first-round pick of the Miami Dolphins.

We saw the talent of cousin Joey Bosa last week in the Chargers game. Cousin Nick Bosa plays DE for the 49ers.

Great grandfather "Big Tuna" Tony Accardo was a mob boss in Chicago.

Plus, he played for UB coach Lance Leipold at Wisconsin Whitewater!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I love The Office but the tuna on the head just showing his nickname was Big Tuna. As Andy called Jim that after Jim brought a tuna fish sandwich to work for lunch one day. 

I see, 😁

4 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I have several friends that are Packers fans.  The book on Kumerow is that he's a very athletic guy who makes circus catches. He's a tall receiver that will win one-on-one battles and make contested catches.    The problem is that he is wildly inconsistent.  He'll make a great play, then, in the same game, drop an easy pass on third and long that is right in his hands.  He's talented, but unreliable.  Sounds a bit like Dawson Knox, at this stage of his career.  Let's hope both of these guys can mature and move past the inconsistent play.

FWIW, I wouldn't want to argue with your friend's perception, but whereas Dawson Knox has a lot of "scored drops" (meaning balls trained observers believe a competent WR should catch), Kumerow has this: (click to embiggen)

image.thumb.png.41715dc98146a328706657e70b9c8fd9.png

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FWIW, I wouldn't want to argue with your friend's perception, but whereas Dawson Knox has a lot of "scored drops" (meaning balls trained observers believe a competent WR should catch), Kumerow has this: (click to embiggen)

Embiggen... another Simpson’s contribution to society... great word

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't realize that Kumerow's nickname was Touchdown Jesus, so I thought that I was going to open the thread to see something like this:

1147789317_GettyImages-1284614318copy.thumb.jpg.145f92644a81ef43c51c689c6a17ef90.jpg

But very cool to learn about Kumerow's family/NFL connections. I didn't know any of that either. Who knows what he will do with the Bills, but definitely the type of guy you want to root for.

Besides the Notre Dame "Touchdown Jesus" that H2O posted, apparently there was another dubbed "Touchdown Jesus," a statue in Monroe, Ohio. But it was destroyed in 2010 by a lightning strike and subsequent fire.

f6b1fc30-df57-43f8-8b48-b23b70a6eb4c-touchdown.jesus2.thumb.jpg.58c74e85effdc957ef77f38e7f12c8d8.jpg

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'd really like to see him play, and maybe send out a red zone package with Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Knox and Kumerow. That would be some matchup issues.

I don't know what they plan as far as actives/inactives (3 hrs until we know) BUT Gilliam and Kroft have been running those redzone packages with Diggs, Davis, Beasley and Knox, pretty well.  Considering how critical they are, not sure now's the time to "change hosses"

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

F the mafia.

I see, didn’t make you - - - - hurt... or is it your sense of humor is broken? 

Edited by Don Otreply

13 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I see, didn’t make you - - - - hurt... or is it your sense of humor is broken? 

No, it's just that I don't think having mafia family members is something to be proud of.

I've seen the affects first hand.  F them.

That's all.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I enjoy the use of the word embiggen. It's a perfectly cromulent word