Touchdown Jesus' Amazing Background

wettlaufer

As we may see snaps from Jake Kumerow tonight, I looked up his stats and history and the latter is amazing:

Father Eric played linebacker for the Dolphins.

Grandfather played guard in both NFL and AFL.

Great uncle played center as one of the 100 best Chicago Bears.

Uncle John Bosa was a first-round pick of the Miami Dolphins.

We saw the talent of cousin Joey Bosa last week in the Chargers game. Cousin Nick Bosa plays DE for the 49ers.

Great grandfather "Big Tuna" Tony Accardo was a mob boss in Chicago.

Edited by wettlaufer
  • Like (+1) 3

Quite the lineage, 

The Big Tuna part is awesome, Bills mafia...

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Every year there’s one of these guys. Duke Williams was the most recent. Kumerow is a ST player. He has been with the team long enough for the coaches to analyze him and to give him time at wide receiver if he deserved it. I just don’t see a breakout in this guy.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Every year there’s one of these guys. Duke Williams was the most recent. Kumerow is a ST player. He has been with the team long enough for the coaches to analyze him and to give him time at wide receiver if he deserved it. I just don’t see a breakout in this guy.

I’m pretty certain it was meant in humor... 😁👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

From what they saw they gave him a spot on the active roster.  He joined in the middle of the season.  If he "deserved it" where would you expect him on a pretty good Bills roster.

Just now, YattaOkasan said:

From what they saw they gave him a spot on the active roster.  He joined in the middle of the season.  If he "deserved it" where would you expect him on a pretty good Bills roster.

Someone was calling for a break out. I just don’t think that he breaks out as a wr

7 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Touchdown Jesus was way cool. Everyone wanted to hang out with him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Someone was calling for a break out. I just don’t think that he breaks out as a wr

It was humor, really, it was,😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I understand now.  I would still say if I were tracking the growth of a "breakout" player Kumerow isnt progressing too slow.  Foster took a while to crack the roster (and it was weaker) before he had a great second half the of the season.  

Also I dont expect much from Kumerow.

Edited by YattaOkasan

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Hmmm, now I show how little TV I watch, saw the Office maybe three times, found it not funny, so I don’t get the tuna on the head thing, 😁

58 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I'm the first one to laugh at the crusade of the year player here on TBD and would normally whole heartedly agree with you, but the fact that Aaron Rodgers was upset when he was let go, does potentially make him a bit different than Duke Williams.  Will see, maybe it was just more a sign of how weak overall Greenbay's WRs group was.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Hmmm, now I show how little TV I watch, saw the Office maybe three times, found it not funny, so I don’t get the tuna on the head thing, 😁

I love The Office but the tuna on the head just showing his nickname was Big Tuna. As Andy called Jim that after Jim brought a tuna fish sandwich to work for lunch one day. 

1 hour ago, wettlaufer said:

As we may see snaps from Jake Kumerow tonight, I looked up his stats and history and the latter is amazing:

Father Eric played linebacker for the Dolphins.

Grandfather played guard in both NFL and AFL.

Great uncle played center as one of the 100 best Chicago Bears.

Uncle John Bosa was a first-round pick of the Miami Dolphins.

We saw the talent of cousin Joey Bosa last week in the Chargers game. Cousin Nick Bosa plays DE for the 49ers.

Great grandfather "Big Tuna" Tony Accardo was a mob boss in Chicago.

whut???? He’s got Bosa blood? 

• Like (+1) 1

I have several friends that are Packers fans.  The book on Kumerow is that he's a very athletic guy who makes circus catches. He's a tall receiver that will win one-on-one battles and make contested catches.    The problem is that he is wildly inconsistent.  He'll make a great play, then, in the same game, drop an easy pass on third and long that is right in his hands.  He's talented, but unreliable.  Sounds a bit like Dawson Knox, at this stage of his career.  Let's hope both of these guys can mature and move past the inconsistent play.

52 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I understand now.  I would still say if I were tracking the growth of a "breakout" player Kumerow isnt progressing too slow.  Foster took a while to crack the roster (and it was weaker) before he had a great second half the of the season.  

Also I dont expect much from Kumerow.

It's probably worth bearing a couple things in mind:

1) he's been seeing snaps: ~50% of the ST snaps for the last 3 weeks

2) A likely pattern here, might be similar to that of other newly elevated PS players like Duke Williams - they "make a splash" for a couple games (Duke in Tenn game last year), then as teams get film on them and figure out how to neutralize them, they disappear.  In 2017 Kumerow had a great Wk 15 game where he made catches and yards, then a limited Wk 16 game where he made catches but not yards.  Similar last season - not much contribution Game 5 and 6, "Popped" in game 7 and 8, disappeared, reappeared, etc.

But, he's a good blocker, and we need a 4th WR who can block and who can't be neutralized by physical coverage with John Brown out and Gabe Davis in Brown's role.

I'm hoping his has him a Game.

• Like (+1) 1