Week 13 Bills @ 49ers in Phoenix PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

16 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The Dallas and Pittsburgh games last year were great wins for an emerging Wild Card level team.  But they mean very little for a team trying to win the AFC East and establish themselves as a championship contender.  Don't forget that both of those teams ultimately missed the playoffs last year.

Regardless of the original scheduling, primetime is primetime.  Night games and playoff matchups get another level of fans, most of whom never watch the Bills on Sunday afternoons.  The whole NFL world was watching against the Titans and Chiefs.  And instead of establishing themselves as the class of the league, the Bills embarrassed themselves in back-to-back weeks.

I know that it's not a popular opinion on this message board, but the 2020 Bills (on a team level) have been very disappointing to me.

Sitting at 8-3 is nice.  The improvement from Josh Allen has been great.  But outside of the passing offense and the return game, this team has regressed from last season.  My standard for a "successful" year has always been winning double-digit games, winning the AFC East and winning at least one playoff game.  Falling short in any of those areas is just not OK with me.  And when I see this team play (regardless of record), I see the division being way too close for comfort and I just don't see them beating anyone in the playoffs.

Wow so that’s leaves the D as your regression. Passing game improvement is substantial. Injuries on D hurt , but over past 3-4 games is on the upswing. Much much more difficult schedule. So your expectations were to win the division going away? If we win the division and one playoff game your ok? So they still have an opportunity to meet or not meet those ? 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I assume from context you mean "offensive line" not "defense line", since the discussion is Saleh and impact on Josh?

All fair points.  Josh was under a lot of pressure.

What can you pick out about what they're doing, and WHY it gave our OL fits?  All I got is that Bosa was "crunk up" for us (and AWOL against the Pats, go figgur), and that Dawkins and Williams seemed to be playing with "slow feet" in the 2nd half  (maybe a bit out of shape from the Bye followed by the perennial OL Weight Gain Contest eg Thanksgiving)

Yes, I meant offensive line! 

I honestly haven’t watched any film this week, normally try to but I’ve been swamped with work. I don’t know exactly what they were doing, it just felt like someone was always in Josh’s lap. I noticed the same thing in the 2nd half of the AZ game. It’s been pressure on the edge primarily, with the occasional Winters blow up. 

9 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Alright let’s try this: 

-Coffee

-Get Dressed: Wearing my Bills light up Xmas sweater today

-Work (7:30-3:30)

-Home by 4:00

-Prep as much of my morning routine for work as possible (lunch, coffee, clothes, etc)

-Watch the first MNF game 

-Spicy Chicken Sandwiches for dinner

-Listen to WGR pregame

-Victory 

(tomorrow is my birthday: hoping for an early prime time present!)

Unstable, stable, Happy Birthday!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The schedule was charmin soft last year.  Opposite this year.  I don’t feel good about this game.  49ers are extremely physical.  Bills are not.  

I feel like the defense has been hitting hard as of late and flying to the ball quicker. Still soft on the D line which concerns me but our D can do damage tonight if they keep playing the way they have been. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

The Dallas and Pittsburgh games last year were great wins for an emerging Wild Card level team.  But they mean very little for a team trying to win the AFC East and establish themselves as a championship contender.  Don't forget that both of those teams ultimately missed the playoffs last year.

Regardless of the original scheduling, primetime is primetime.  Night games and playoff matchups get another level of fans, most of whom never watch the Bills on Sunday afternoons.  The whole NFL world was watching against the Titans and Chiefs.  And instead of establishing themselves as the class of the league, the Bills embarrassed themselves in back-to-back weeks.

I know that it's not a popular opinion on this message board, but the 2020 Bills (on a team level) have been very disappointing to me.

Sitting at 8-3 is nice.  The improvement from Josh Allen has been great.  But outside of the passing offense and the return game, this team has regressed from last season.  My standard for a "successful" year has always been winning double-digit games, winning the AFC East and winning at least one playoff game.  Falling short in any of those areas is just not OK with me.  And when I see this team play (regardless of record), I see the division being way too close for comfort and I just don't see them beating anyone in the playoffs.

Thats all you need for "successful."  I think youre about to have your first season.  I agree we crapped the bed in those games.  However stepping outside of perceptions, this team is coming right now.  I truely think we are starting to peak whereas other teams like LV definitely have already peaked (consequently right around when we played them).  This defense looks better by the week, and I expect our offense to perform when john brown gets back.