Week 13 Bills @ 49ers in Phoenix PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

I am nervous about tonight.  Which is normal for me.  It took awhile for me to get used to prime time games in the SB era and that was long ago.  

Every game is tough and this one will be.  If Allen has a good game (smart and patient) and our defense continues its improving trend we should be ok.  

Bills - 30 

49’ers - 24 

Probably better that most everyone feels uneasy or is nervous about this one.  For Tennessee people acted like it would be an automatic win. 

I think the guys playing will remember those last couple prime time games and will come out with a great effort here.

Edited by zow2

19 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I’m still trying to figure out why this game continues to be billed as a coin toss? Everyone picking or preview articles are couching it this way. They’re 5-6 and we’re 8-3. Do people still not respect us or is this a way to hype up a kind of mediocre matchup? 

The Bills average margin of victory is 6 points.   You arent going to get a lot of respect if you don't ever come out and crush a team.   They win yes, but they dont win with style points.    The Bills will get respect when they dont look like a team that could easily lose every game they win.  

3 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Have faith my friend 🙂  

The Bills turn the tables today, and put the history of Monday Night flops behind them.  We're healthier than we've been in a long time, we know what's at stake, and our defense is FINALLY rounding into its true(er) form.  AJ Klein, who weeks ago looked like an absolute swing and miss by McBeane, has been our most valuable defensive player the past 3 weeks.  The only injury that is really irritating to me is John Brown.  We are a completely different offense with him in there.  His speed neutralizes defenses, period.  It prevents them from doubling Stefon, frees up Beasley to roam freely in the slot, and prevent the safetys from cheating up since they have to respect the deep ball.  

But other than that, we are damn close to 100%....and no way they show up tonight unprepared.  49ers may be getting healthy, but it doesn't matter.  This is about us tonight....

Buffalo rolls.....38 - 17

Love your optimism! This sounds great to me. I will say that we are the better team on paper. If we execute we should win. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I’m still trying to figure out why this game continues to be billed as a coin toss? Everyone picking or preview articles are couching it this way. They’re 5-6 and we’re 8-3. Do people still not respect us or is this a way to hype up a kind of mediocre matchup? 

The former.  Most people haven't seen us.  They're still in meme-land where Allen is a QB who can throw the ball through a brick wall, but might have trouble hitting said wall.  If anyone did see us, it was Titans and KC, our 2 worst games.

The SF49ers are the defending NFC champions seen as bravely battling through injury and getting a couple guys back therefore improving.

Shanahan is seen as a coach who can confuse and bemuse young QB and bait them into mistakes, as can Belicheck.  Allen is seen as a QB who can be confused and bemused and throw picks (I'm not saying I agree, just saying how I see it) 

AND we're seen as a team that has a poor defense especially against the run, the play action and the screen, while SF is seen as an offense built for all 3 of these.

Add in that we didn't show up against the Titans and Chiefs and got "dunked on" by Zona, and folks are thinking the defending SB champs should be able to take us out.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The former.

The SF49ers are the defending NFC champions seen as bravely battling through injury and getting a couple guys back therefore improving.

Shanahan is seen as a coach who can confuse and bemuse young QB and bait them into mistakes, as can Belicheck.  Allen is seen as a QB who can be confused and bemused and throw picks (I'm not saying I agree, just saying how I see it) 

AND we're seen as a team that has a poor defense especially against the run, the play action and the screen, while SF is seen as an offense built for all 3 of these.

Add in that we didn't show up against the Titans and Chiefs and got "dunked on" by Zona, and folks are thinking the defending SB champs should be able to take us out.

*Super Bowl losers

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It feels like the time in a Bills fans emotional journey  where optimism has inflated far enough that it’s time for a thorough soul crushing...

I’m really not sure where to be on this game. They should absolutely win.  They are however 1-3 in games not played at 1:00 on Sunday.... 

That is the part that gets me. I really like my games at 1:00 on Sunday (would be at 4 this week, obviously).

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one who finds SF vastly overrated?  Lost 3 of their last 4.  5-6 on the year.  They are not a particularly strong rushing attack, even though everyone seems to act like they are.  

They get sherman back - still missing Bosa/Ford.  They get samuel/mostert back - still missing Jimmy G and Kittle.  

They're 3-0 if they get more than 3 takeaways, and 2-6 if they don't.  They've had some good yardage weeks defensively , but those are - Jets, Eagles, Patriots (cam's post covid disaster), Giants, Saints (half the game with Winston).  They seem to stop the run fairly well.  

I just don't get why they flipped from injured wash year, to playoff caliber favorites in 1 game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This will be a very close back and forth game won by Buffalo.  SF is getting some impact players back from injury. We're coming off a less than impressive win. Local media keeps touting this game as a "last playoff stand" for the niners. This game will go down to the last possession. 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Has Milano been activated off IR or not?  Isn't the deadline in like an hour and a half?

Or is it team local time, i.e. PST?  Not sure myself.

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I am nervous about tonight.  Which is normal for me.  It took awhile for me to get used to prime time games in the SB era and that was long ago.  

Every game is tough and this one will be.  If Allen has a good game (smart and patient) and our defense continues its improving trend we should be ok.  

Bills - 30 

49’ers - 24 

I just don’t like the optics of this game from the outside looking in....

A win keeps the Bills 1 game ahead of Miami. A loss ties us up, both with 2 big games left and final game vs each other, so exciting right....

Also a 49er win ties them with AZ.... things heat up in that division. So exciting for the league if we lose and 49ers win...... I foresee a bunch of crap calls once again.

• Like (+1) 2