Mike Tirico to call Steelers-Bills

Wish Al would've come to Buffalo but oh well.  He skipped last weeks Wednesday afternoon game in Pittsburgh too.  At his age and the virus going around, he really doesn't need to fly to the cold Northeast.  I don't blame him.  As Collinsworth said in the postgame,  enjoy your golf.  

It's the perfect game for Tirico to step into.  He's already in the Northeast, he's a Syracuse guy.  Having just done the Steelers game he probably knows the Bills and Pittsburgh rosters much better than Al Michaels. 

Edited by zow2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Wish Al would've come to Buffalo but oh well.  He skipped last weeks Wednesday afternoon game in Pittsburgh too.  At his age and the virus going around, he really doesn't need to fly to the cold Northeast.  I don't blame him.  As Collinsworth said in the postgame,  enjoy your golf.  

It's the perfect game for Tirico to step into.  He's already in the Northeast, he's a Syracuse guy, he probably knows the Bills better than Al Michaels. 

Didn't Al skip the Bears-Packers game at GB last week with Mike doing the game. Anyway the game will be played in an empty stadium so its not he will be missing the Bills game day experience that the fans bring.

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Caliendo as Madden? 🤔

Frankly..., 

11 hours ago, QB Bills said:

That sucks. Tirico is also excellent, but Al Michaels is the best in the business and doesn't have many years left. He even stated he wanted to come to buffalo when schopp had him on last year. 

I don't know, Tirico is pretty damm good himself, you could argue NBC has the best two play by play people combined.

Could be Michaels is trying to limit long coast to coast travels?

10 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

He’s 76. Might be concerned with his health in cold weather and the travel associated with the game. Or he’s just anti-Buffalo.

Turico is insufferable, says all the right things. Knows all the right generalizations of each team. But doesn’t really know the Bills. He will harp on the expected game narrative and never vary. Used to like him. He’s just become too generic covering too many sports. Bills need to win prime time games to change

perceptions. 

10 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

He’s 76. Might be concerned with his health in cold weather and the travel associated with the game. Or he’s just anti-Buffalo.

Turico is insufferable, says all the right things. Knows all the right generalizations of each team. But doesn’t really know the Bills. He will harp on the expected game narrative and never vary. Used to like him. He’s just become too generic covering too many sports. Bills need to win prime time games to change

perceptions. 

he can afford special chartered flights...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Don't care for Al that much anymore so that doesn't bother me. But Tirico is terrible.  Unlike many on this board, I like Collinsworth.  

I used to as well, because he gave more insight into the game than anyone else. since then he’s been surpassed by Romo and become less of an analyst and more of a ball washing sycophant. 

Ian Eagle Gets on my nerves because he’s the madden game voice as well and he may as well be AI with his 43 recycled cliches in virtual world and the real one...  

19 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Don't care for Al that much anymore so that doesn't bother me. But Tirico is terrible.  Unlike many on this board, I like Collinsworth.  

Wow, that's literally the opposite of how I feel on every single point.