Josh Allen and Buffalo: The Perfect Match

Warcodered

59 minutes ago, Neo said:

In my lifetime, there have been many greats.   Occasionally, the greats are “their city”.  Staubach was Dallas, Bradshaw was Pittsburgh, Broadway Joe was New York...  Allen’s Buffalo.

Well hopefully noticing all those great with there cities each one has a nice little super bowl ring and little mvp title

Josh emulates the city of buffalo with his ❤

When Josh Allen was first drafted there were a lot of "We drafted the wrong Josh" cries .I watched a lot of the videos about his upbringing and commented "Josh Rosen may be the better quarterback right now, but Josh Allen is the better fit" on a few of these boards. Well, it turned out that not only is he the better fit, He has turned out to be the better Quarterback too. There were 2 of those videos. One sponsored by Hyundai and the other was by CBS. I thought at the time that his blue collar work ethic would fit well with Buffalo. He has far exceeded many of ours including my expectations in both ways. Is there any other QB from that draft class that we would rather have?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, FTLBillsfan said:

When Josh Allen was first drafted there were a lot of "We drafted the wrong Josh" cries .I watched a lot of the videos about his upbringing and commented "Josh Rosen may be the better quarterback right now, but Josh Allen is the better fit" on a few of these boards. Well, it turned out that not only is he the better fit, He has turned out to be the better Quarterback too. There were 2 of those videos. One sponsored by Hyundai and the other was by CBS. I thought at the time that his blue collar work ethic would fit well with Buffalo. He has far exceeded many of ours including my expectations in both ways. Is there any other QB from that draft class that we would rather have?

Baker lit it up today, that being said Id still rather have Josh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Gotta say, and I’m not paying lip service here, but when Allen hurdled Barr, I knew he had the determination and self-sacrifice that would endear him to us fans. Glad he improved as a thrower and established himself as a franchise QB

20 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Was a great video to watch. Josh is part of One Buffalo now...

With that I didn't know he was such a huge 49'er fan growing up. I hope tomorrow night he lights them up.

Him being a 49ers fan got brought up last year with him saying he had a Frank Gore jersey growing up.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the second video I have seen with Steve Young talking with/ about Josh. Despite their difference in size, with Josh being much bigger, he really seems to see a lot of his own game in the way Josh plays the position. He really enjoys seeing Josh develop. Good stuff! 

• Like (+1) 1

His place in history and legacy will be wrapped around Buffalo. He embraces the city as the fans embrace him. You can easily see Young or Farve in his style. Jim was amazing and surrounded by stars. Josh seems destined for Super stardom. And I've never felt so certain in my life that he will bring a long awaited Championship to this loyal and dedicated community. The fates gave us a farm kid from Firebaugh. And for that we're all grateful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The heart and soul of Buffalo has always been our football team.  For two decades we have been downtrodden as the Bills struggled to do anything positive.  We watched the lowly Aints become a contender and win a Super Bowl.  Even the Tampa Bay Bucs won a Super Bowl.  We were humiliated by that team from Boston over and over again and the Bills became a punchline.  Just like our city.  A professional football team shouldn't be so important to the psyche of a city, but the bottom line is..... to Buffalo it is.

Josh Allen has given all of us hope that we might finally win a championship again.  He means hope and a chance at redemption.  It means we won't have to hear about losing four straight or wide right again.  Just one championship would mean so much to this small city and its loyal fans. The fact that Josh Allen seems like such a genuinely good guy makes it all the more easy to jump on the bandwagon.

My father passed away last year.  He was a life long Bills fan and raised his three boys to be the same. He never got to see his beloved Bills win it all. We laid him to rest in his favorite Buffalo Bills sweatshirt.  I kept his Buffalo Bills belt buckle, and on the night when Josh Allen finally wins a Super Bowl for this city, I will be wearing it. When Josh Allen brings home the Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo he will exorcise fifty years worth of demons from this city.  That is what Josh Allen means to this city and its fans, a chance at redemption.  That's a lot to put on the back of a 24 year old and we all know it.  It's also the reason that as long as he is our guy, and he is representing this city, and fighting hard for us, that we will always have his back.

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The heart and soul of Buffalo has always been our football team.  For two decades we have been downtrodden as the Bills struggled to do anything positive.  We watched the lowly Aints become a contender and win a Super Bowl.  Even the Tampa Bay Bucs won a Super Bowl.  We were humiliated by that team from Boston over and over again and the Bills became a punchline.  Just like our city.  A professional football team shouldn't be so important to the psyche of a city, but the bottom line is..... to Buffalo it is.

Josh Allen has given all of us hope that we might finally win a championship again.  He means hope and a chance at redemption.  It means we won't have to hear about losing four straight or wide right again.  Just one championship would mean so much to this small city and its loyal fans. The fact that Josh Allen seems like such a genuinely good guy makes it all the more easy to jump on the bandwagon.

My father passed away last year.  He was a life long Bills fan and raised his three boys to be the same. He never got to see his beloved Bills win it all. We laid him to rest in his favorite Buffalo Bills sweatshirt.  I kept his Buffalo Bills belt buckle, and on the night when Josh Allen finally wins a Super Bowl for this city, I will be wearing it. When Josh Allen brings home the Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo he will exorcise fifty years worth of demons from this city.  That is what Josh Allen means to this city and its fans, a chance at redemption.  That's a lot to put on the back of a 24 year old and we all know it.  It's also the reason that as long as he is our guy, and he is representing this city, and fighting hard for us, that we will always have his back.

Got a little teary-eyed reading this. My dad passed away in 2018. He too was a life long Bills fan and we bonded more than anything else going to Bills games. I inherited his Bills gear and wear it religiously on Sundays. I just wish he had gotten a chance to see Josh play in a Bills uniform even if only as a rookie because I know he would have seen his potential from the get-go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FTLBillsfan said:

Nope, not a one. So glad that I was wrong and that they picked JA.

11 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Please Josh, just be Steve Young, 1 year, one time and bring Buffalo a Superbowl! We've been ready for 54 years!

54 years? FIFTY FOUR YEARS?!?!? You didn’t even know our Champion Bills. 

GotDam Whippersnapper! Punk! Diaper Dandy!

Go shovel the driveway!

6F345DAB-2789-4175-92A2-CB2D4393C86C.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1