Week 13: Sunday Games Thread, Around the League

22 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Another Jetsy trade - getting rid of Leonard Williams for very little. He *always* dominated the LoS in Bills-Jets games. He was unbelievable today.

I'm not complaining. I think it's ironic how Leonard Williams changed jerseys at the same address and has become our best pass rusher. But that also means he's going to cost a lot to re-sign. It's amazing how poorly the Jets are run. They could screw up Lawrence if they get him.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

To be fair I wasn't arguing he did it to tank. I think it was more malice towards Adam Gase, who he has allegedly barely been on speaking terms with for over a year. Everyone knows Williams loves to blitz.... that scenario is a bit different though because he is trying to not give up a FG. Sunday all he had to do was not give up a touchdown. 

On 12/8/2020 at 9:40 AM, GunnerBill said:

To be fair I wasn't arguing he did it to tank. I think it was more malice towards Adam Gase, who he has allegedly barely been on speaking terms with for over a year. Everyone knows Williams loves to blitz.... that scenario is a bit different though because he is trying to not give up a FG. Sunday all he had to do was not give up a touchdown. 

This is pretty interesting:

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is pretty interesting:

While that video is interesting, none of those even in that video are all out blitzes. They are blitzes, absolutely. If he sent 6 and got burned I'd be more willing to say "okay he thought that was the right call." He sent 7 and then the 8th guy delayed on Sunday. He left 3 on 3 downfield. That is more than he sent on any of those other occasions and I don't think I have ever seen it before. It had the reckless abandon of a guy who at best did not give two damns whether the Jets won the game or not. At worst he actually quite enjoyed seeing them lose it because he is a vindictive POS who hates Adam Gase.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

While that video is interesting, none of those even in that video are all out blitzes. They are blitzes, absolutely. If he sent 6 and got burned I'd be more willing to say "okay he thought that was the right call." He sent 7 and then the 8th guy delayed on Sunday. He left 3 on 3 downfield. That is more than he sent on any of those other occasions and I don't think I have ever seen it before. It had the reckless abandon of a guy who at best did not give two damns whether the Jets won the game or not. At worst he actually quite enjoyed seeing them lose it because he is a vindictive POS who hates Adam Gase.

I mean there was an ESPN tweet that said that it's the first time they've seen it since they've been looking the last 14 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1