Week 13: Sunday Games Thread, Around the League

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Pretty much if the Pats win out and the Bills only win 1 more game then the Pats absolutely deserve the win with that roster....you know unless they cheat.

Yep, and the only game that matters to the Bills is the one tomorrow.

The CLE and NE games made me about face in my FF league. I have Allen and Diggs. Championship week is week 16. Last time Allen played NE, he had 150 yards and no passing TDs (he did have 1 rushing). After seeing Herbert and the LAC offense get smothered today and the fact that we will be playing them in NE, I started looking around.

I laughed at the thought of Baker Mayfield, even with his performance today, but then I looked at the schedule. Week 16 - CLE vs. NYJ. I put in my waiver claim immediately.

I think we still beat the tar out of NE; I just don't think it will be pretty. I don't see MIA as a threat even with their record. Not sold on 2020 Tua. Maybe the 2021 version will be something to strike fear.

32 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Just saw the NE/Chargers score. Anyone want to recap what happened there? Just Bellichick befuddling a rookie QB? 

I'm trying to figure that out a bit but ST sucked on the Chargers - Blocked field goal and put return for 14 NE points?

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If the Bills win only one more game this season they don't deserve the Division or the playoffs.

This

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm trying to figure that out a bit but ST sucked on the Chargers - Blocked field goal and put return for 14 NE points?

The Pats have a game or 2 like that every year, where they get multiple non-offense TDs.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I watched a lot of that game. It was a perfect storm - Pats got every break & every big play, and even the refs handed them some drive-extending close calls.

And man, did the Chargers quit. I'm a Lynn fan, and often wish we had hired him as HC, but I'm glad we didn't now.  That team just gave up, visibly. That's really not something you see much - even the Jets & Jags played harder today.

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Who said anything about Mahomes?

"My point was more towards the perception and obsession of these young guns "

How do you feel about the perception or obsession or glorification of Mahomes as a rookie?  Did everyone get ahead of themselves?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Baker Mayfield on what's different about him now?

"When I'm about to do something, I think 'would an idiot do that?' and if the answer is 'yes' then I don't do it"

😂😂

Most liking I've ever felt for Baker

The critical flaw in that thought process to me is an idiot wouldn't think that.

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually think the raiders and colts and browns winning today— While disappointing at first— helps to prevent against the Pats sneaking in to the playoffs. 

They may not have to sneak in.  If Buffalo loses a few games one of them to NE they could win the division 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Justin Herbert meet Bill Belicheck.  56 attempts for under 250 yards, no TD's and 2 INT's.

Cam Newton was 12/19 for 69 yards.

Pats scored TD's on a punt return and blocked FG attempt.

Coaches talk all the time about attacking team’s weaknesses but to be able to do it to a team with bad specials team is amazing. I don’t like BB at all but man the guy is great

• Like (+1) 2

I just saw a replay of the final raiders drive, specifically the two long balls to agholor and ruggs. 

Was that most the obvious case of intentional tanking in NFL history?

Does anyone have ANY other explanation for the defensive play calls in that situation?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

"My point was more towards the perception and obsession of these young guns "

How do you feel about the perception or obsession or glorification of Mahomes as a rookie?  Did everyone get ahead of themselves?

I think Mahomes started one game as a rookie, so I’m not really sure about that.

That being said, what are you trying to argue here? 

42 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think they have a legitimate shot at 10 wins.

LAR should beat them, but they've been turnover prone, if that turnover prone LAR team shows up...

Tua was struggling to move the ball against CIN. He won't be able to do it against NE.

Going to Foxboro is going to be tough for us, we should beat them, but the Pats are going to be hunting.

NYJ should be an easy win, they took them to the wire the last time but I don't think that happens again.

I Look at the Patriots the same way I look at the 49ers. Heck of a coaching job, don't have the firepower at QB to make it in. The Numbers are way better defensively. The way you play these 2 teams is the same: no turnovers and make them drive the long way on offense.

The Patriots are 0-5 when their opponent scores 21, which is below-average out put this year. Their defense is kind of average at 12th and they don't have a passing game. I think they're going to be done in 3 weeks after they lose to LA and Buffalo. They probably need too much help.

I think 9-7 isn't getting an AFC team in this year.