Week 13: Sunday Games Thread, Around the League

Just now, Weatherman said:

Riddle me this: why wasn’t Why hasn’t Gase been fired yet when other teams with better records have parted ways with theirs.  Any other team would have fired Gase last year.  Not saying this tank has been planned all along, but could it have been? 

its all about those compromising photos..you probably didn't realize it but Gase's college major was Double Secret Surveillance

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

Riddle me this: why wasn’t Why hasn’t Gase been fired yet when other teams with better records have parted ways with theirs.  Any other team would have fired Gase last year.  Not saying this tank has been planned all along, but could it have been? 

It’s been planned all along. They gave him no new weapons at receiver, brought in Frank Gore as their backup running back who now has to start. Made some marginal Oline upgrades and then traded away their best player. I would be so happy to see Lawrence stay in school. That would be hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1

You would think with the added wild card team in each conference sitting at 8 - 3 a team should be feeling pretty good about making the playoffs. ( not so )

With the Browns at 9 - 3 and gaining confidence it leaves allot of good football teams fighting for the final wild card spot. 

Good for the NFL...

Edited by Figster

15 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

What difference does it make? They are going to fire the entire staff and they have to pay him anyways. If they elevate a coordinator to HC they will have to pay him more for a few games. Tank and save some money.

23 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

According to NFL’s Next Gen Stats, the Jets were the first team to send eight pass rushers on a play in the final 30 seconds of a game this season.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/06/marcus-maye-on-raiders-game-winning-td-has-to-be-a-better-play-call/

I am convinced they did it on purpose. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am convinced they did it on purpose. 

But just....why? Why would they do that? 

Gregg and Gase won't be there to take advantage of the high draft pick.

What's the legitimate theory behind WHY they would do this? Guys like Williams and Gase have pride. Surely they don't want 0-16 on their resume.

Besides, if losing is the goal, why stop the Raiders in the red zone on the previous drive? Why not let them score there?

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

What's the legitimate theory behind WHY they would do this?

Besides, if losing is the goal, why stop the Raiders in the red zone on the previous drive? Why not let them score there?

Gregg can't stand Gase haha. I am only being semi serious but why would you send 8 in that scenario? Any completion in bounds that isn't a touchdown is the game 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Logic said:

What's the legitimate theory behind WHY they would do this? Guys like Williams and Gase have pride. Surely they don't want 0-16 on their resume.

No it’s nonsense

theyre just inept

• Like (+1) 1