7-11 available, Jets release Chris Hogan

Wow, reading these posts is amazing.

I remember when there were people on this board who were talking about Hogan as if he was going to be a future Hall of Famer, and how his loss was going to set the Bills back 10 years.

How times have changed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I remember when there were people on this board who were talking about Hogan as if he was going to be a future Hall of Famer, and how his loss was going to set the Bills back 10 years.

How times have changed.

Exactly, I know some of it was for comedic purposes, but I really think Pats* may pick him up. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

How times have changed.

Yes...him and Gilislee were seen as huge losses. I was one of those guys. But you can google a dozen articles at the time that all thought the same. Was wrong....

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

How times have changed.

No, you don't remember that.

That's from your own imagination, not reality. Nobody claimed he'd be a future Hall of Famer and and nobody claimed his loss would set us back ten years.

Plenty of people thought he was a solid player and that we'd miss him. They were right. He'd have been an upgrade on the Zay Jones - Kelvin Benjamin - Brandon Tate year in 2017. 2018 too. Maybe 2016 when Sammy was on the bench, which was half the year.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, you don't remember that.

That's from your own imagination, not reality. Nobody claimed he'd be a future Hall of Famer and and nobody claimed his loss would set us back ten years.

Plenty of people thought he was a solid player and that we'd miss him. They were right. He'd have been an upgrade on the Zay Jones

Yes, I'm exaggerating.

That being said, there were a lot of melodramatic posts on this board after we let Hogan walk. Hogan was nothing special. Neither was Zay Jones, but we didn't know what we had with him and he failed.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Yes...him and Gilislee were seen as huge losses. I was one of those guys. But you can google a dozen articles at the time that all thought the same. Was wrong....

I was shocked at the massive decline of TD Mike.  The year after he left the Bills, he looked like he never played RB before.  I think that TD he allowed to the Jest on the KO finished him.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I was shocked at the massive decline of TD Mike.  The year after he left the Bills, he looked like he never played RB before.  I think that TD he allowed to the Jest on the KO finished him.

You could argue the MG deal was the beginning of the end for bad personel moves for the Patsies. They gave him nearly 7 million per year! Truthfully, they got some solid role play out of Hogan. But that was all he ever was. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

Touchdown Mike is also available. Get the band back together. 

I am all for getting the band back together - do you think there is any shot that Kelvin Benjamin is still "healthy, in shape, and looking forward to continuing his career" too?

Also - we'll need to let Duke Williams join in as a new member of the band - this would surely make some of his groupies happy!  

22 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, I'm exaggerating.

That being said, there were a lot of melodramatic posts on this board after we let Hogan walk. Hogan was nothing special. Neither was Zay Jones, but we didn't know what we had with him and he failed.

There is a difference - Hogan was solid especially in terms of blocking as a WR.  Zay WAS special - short bus special.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

There is a difference - Hogan was solid especially in terms of blocking as a WR.  Zay WAS special - short bus special.

I can agree with this.

He was solid, but the way people talked about him here, you'd think he was a perennial All-Pro. He wasn't.