Kick the tires on WR Marvin Hall?

The Jokeman

3 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

The loss of Brown wouldn't hurt nearly as much if had an elite TE that scares a defense.

Agree, I have stated in some posts before that hopefully a TE will pick up the slack. If the TE's could be even a little more productive/consistent I think it would make a big difference.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

He's not the speed guy to replace Brown. I think that was more the OPs point
 But I agree. Bills have enough talent to work with .  Even as they bring up a few . Kumerow (sp) comes to mind. The other Kid too Hodgins (sp )  lol

But i would kick the tires  :)

There’s a lot of mouths to feed on this offense even without Brown.  Plus, I expect Brown to be back before the postseason.  Sign this dude to the PS?  Maybe.  Sign him to the 53?  Why?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

The loss of Brown wouldn't hurt nearly as much if had an elite TE that scares a defense.

Also I think the Bills will once again address the TE position in the offseason. Take another swing at it so to speak. Would be great if they could luck up and land a player similar to Kelce or any TE that defenses have to worry about. Doesn't necessarily have to be an elite TE but just a good, reliable one would make a huge difference.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There’s a lot of mouths to feed on this offense even without Brown.  Plus, I expect Brown to be back before the postseason.  Sign this dude to the PS?  Maybe.  Sign him to the 53?  Why?

Exactly, I agree. Yes the passing game struggles when Brown is out. Most are well aware, but I don't think it's enough to go outside your own people, not yet anyways. Davis may not have quite the speed as Brown, but he is a VERY reliable WR and doing a hell of a job as a rookie. 

I'm interested to see Hodgins, I recall during camp (J. Brown I believe) said that Davis and Hodgins were doing a great job and that they didn't seem like rookies. Something along those lines anyways.  So I'm interested in seeing what he can do, obviously depending on how much playing time he gets.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

With Brown out I felt Hall could help with his loss and a better receiving option than Kumerow. Yet I admit this thread a bit tongue in cheek as others have stated every time a guy gets cut the board seems to make a thread about them so felt, why not. Lol

• Like (+1) 1

If WR Marvin Hall is so serviceable, why did the 4-7 Lions cut him?

Just askin. Short of character issues, a 4-7 team doesn't usually cut players who produce.

Also... each addition requires a subtraction. How do you propose the Bills make the roster spot to hold this unicorn (who to cut)?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well he is under contract next year and I expect him to be in a Bills uniform for 2021.

After that is probably up in the air.

I think you can feel better. I think he will get extended to 2022 to lower his 2021 cap number and cause they like him enough. I don’t think he could command in the open market the 9 mil his 2021 contract has him getting. Make that 9 mil a signing bonus and get his salary to the vet minimum for a 5 million dollar add on year. That saves about 4 mil in cap for 2021. Gives him 9 mil right away and gives him a reasonable contract for 2021 (cap hit is bit high but workable I think). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

He's on IR so at least two more weeks yet last time he came back he got hurt again so be might not get to 100% this season.

I think the idea with smoke is to completely shut him down with the IR and try to actually get him healthy instead of playing him here and there as a shadow of himself

We will see how it works out.  The good news is the bills are good enough that they are winning games without him.

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

The Lions cut him yesterday but he had 100 yard game for them in Week 8. He's got speed as supposedly ran a 4.29 forty at his Pro Days. As everyone seems to feel we need a John Brown replacement. Thoughts?

If we weren't 8-3 and in first place in the division you suggestion might have merit.

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the idea with smoke is to completely shut him down with the IR and try to actually get him healthy instead of playing him here and there as a shadow of himself

We will see how it works out.  The good news is the bills are good enough that they are winning games without him.

I think so too. Best to have him 100% or as close to it as possible for the stretch and into playoffs imo. I think that would be the right/smart decision.

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The soonest I'd expect to see him is 12/28 v. The Pats and even that is situation dependent. Brown can't play in Denver medically anyway so he won't play that day even if he's healthy.

Yeah he has the sickle cell trait so being a health-cautious organization they might have not played him anyway...........but fwiw there were split medical opinions on whether he could play at altitude in the past.......it wasn't an absolute either way so unless there has been a league policy change he might have been permitted to play if healthy and the Bills desperately needed the game.

But a high ankle sprain should probably be a 6 week injury anyway for a speed and quickness guy like Brown.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah he has the sickle cell trait so being a health-cautious organization they might have not played him anyway...........but fwiw there were split medical opinions on whether he could play at altitude in the past.......it wasn't an absolute either way so unless there has been a league policy change he might have been permitted to play if healthy and the Bills desperately needed the game.

But a high ankle sprain should probably be a 6 week injury anyway for a speed and quickness guy like Brown.

I can’t tell you whether Brown’s ankle would be ready for Denver, and if it’s a 6 week injury “probably not”

but Denver has had players with SCT and their medical staff does not consider SCT a bar to playing in Denver.  The league has no policy against it.

Here

• Like (+1) 2