Kick the tires on WR Marvin Hall?

The Jokeman

On 12/5/2020 at 12:36 PM, MJS said:

I feel like there is only two or three guys in the entire NFL that produce like that. If you play fantasy football there is Kelce, Kittle is hurt, and then an endless gulf before you get to the next TE's (Tonyan in GB and Hockenson in Detroit). Just not a lot of production there league wide when compared to WR's and RB's.

So while I'd love to have our own version of Kelce or Kittle, I'm not sure that's realistic. We would have to luck into that player. They are a supreme rarity.

The draft gurus say there are 10 legitimate draft TE targets to consider.  That will most likely be the answer at TE in 2021.  As far as WR’s, I don’t know as we have Diggs, Brown, Beasley, and possibly Hodgins next year.  Brown is 30 so he has some life in him.  You don’t make an impulsive move when the guy could be fine in three weeks.  You can even hold him out for the Broncos or Pats when he is eligible to come off IR, and help for the Fins and the playoffs.  An off season will do him a world of good, and he was not that expensive as an acquisition.  I’m not interested in pulling in a replacement when Brown was healthy was great in Dabol’s scheme.

He has speed but has not been a great player.  He drops balls and despite his speed has not especially been a deep receiver.  It would take his some time to come in and learn the system and it is late in the year already.  If he's available for a futures contract after the season, it might be worth signing him to a futures contract, but he's not going to help the Bills this season.

16 hours ago, Mickey said:

I believe that "kick the tires" is one of the things the Knights of Ni cannot say.

LOLd

13 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

He has speed but has not been a great player.  He drops balls and despite his speed has not especially been a deep receiver.  It would take his some time to come in and learn the system and it is late in the year already.  If he's available for a futures contract after the season, it might be worth signing him to a futures contract, but he's not going to help the Bills this season.

Kick the tires means to me, talk to him. Get feel for where he is at physically and mentally.
Does NOT mean sign him.
I am fine kicking the tires for nearly any player that shakes free. Good to keep the Pro Scouts earning their pay :)

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Yeah he is fast and tracks the ball pretty well but he is otherwise kinda' bad.       

Who the heck is Marvin Hall??