Kick the tires on WR Marvin Hall?

The Jokeman

36 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

The loss of Brown wouldn't hurt nearly as much if had an elite TE that scares a defense.

I feel like there is only two or three guys in the entire NFL that produce like that. If you play fantasy football there is Kelce, Kittle is hurt, and then an endless gulf before you get to the next TE's (Tonyan in GB and Hockenson in Detroit). Just not a lot of production there league wide when compared to WR's and RB's.

So while I'd love to have our own version of Kelce or Kittle, I'm not sure that's realistic. We would have to luck into that player. They are a supreme rarity.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

The Lions cut him yesterday but he had 100 yard game for them in Week 8. He's got speed as supposedly ran a 4.29 forty at his Pro Days. As everyone seems to feel we need a John Brown replacement. Thoughts?

Don't count me in the replace John Brown crowd.  Stay the course at WR.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The only thing more predictable than a thread asking if we should sign a recently released player, is the responses flaming the thread asking if we should sign a recently released player.

As for hall, I wouldn’t hate the move just to give us a bit extra juice down the stretch, but my guess is they’re happy to see what the young guys can do. This does feel like a move that makes sense in 2020 as you can get a decent player at a position where you’ve already had injuries in case something happens. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I feel like there is only two or three guys in the entire NFL that produce like that. If you play fantasy football there is Kelce, Kittle is hurt, and then an endless gulf before you get to the next TE's (Tonyan in GB and Hockenson in Detroit). Just not a lot of production there league wide when compared to WR's and RB's.

So while I'd love to have our own version of Kelce or Kittle, I'm not sure that's realistic. We would have to luck into that player. They are a supreme rarity.

Yeah TE spot has been rough this year. Besides the ones you mentioned, Dallas Goedert now that he's healthy showed what he can do last week, Hunter Henry, Evan Engram finally had his break out game last week. Darren Waller of course, quietly having a good season. Mark Andrews as well. Lots of these guys i'd say have shown glimpses of what they can do, but all have had been plagued by drops or bad qb play or something else.

Someone mentioned Logan Thomas last week & how he was a Bill & i couldn't believe that i forgot that. Would've preferred we kept him, we could use that Gesicki type guy, a 6'6 wr out there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, I think we’ve given Gabe Davis enough time to figure it out.  Time to move on 😒

He's not the speed guy to replace Brown. I think that was more the OPs point
 But I agree. Bills have enough talent to work with .  Even as they bring up a few . Kumerow (sp) comes to mind. The other Kid too Hodgins (sp )  lol

But i would kick the tires  :)

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Don't count me in the replace John Brown crowd.  Stay the course at WR.

theres a contingent of folks here that think our Fine fellow Smoke will not be here when contract time comes. Shame if true.
Big Fan of Mr Brown myself 

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

The Lions cut him yesterday but he had 100 yard game for them in Week 8. He's got speed as supposedly ran a 4.29 forty at his Pro Days. As everyone seems to feel we need a John Brown replacement. Thoughts?

I didn't watch Lions game nor do I know any stats from it, however I would guess that it's possible a number of WR's could rack up 100 yds since they are most of the time playing from behind and have to pass a lot more. 

The 4.29 number is nice though but I think the Bills are going to see what they have with Jake K. and Hodgins while John Brown is down before they sign anyone else. Jmo.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

theres a contingent of folks here that think our Fine fellow Smoke will not be here when contract time comes. Shame if true.
Big Fan of Mr Brown myself 

Go Bills

Well he is under contract next year and I expect him to be in a Bills uniform for 2021.

After that is probably up in the air.