How about Aaron Jones at RB next year?

Buffalo03

He's a 2021 free agent, severely underused in Green Bay, an excellent receiver out of the backfield with good hands and needs to have a lead back role. Just turned 26 on Dec 2nd so we can get a solid 4 years out of him at least. He has more rushing TDs than any other RB the last 2 seasons. There is absolutely no way that I can see this guy choosing to resign in GB. He would be stupid to do that.

Granted, Moss and Singletary are here. I like both but I'd rather have Aaron Jones over Singletary. I also wouldn't mind sets with two of our backs on the field at the same time. I read an article of the top 5 places for him next year and all of the Patriots, Dolphins and Jets were on the list. I'd rather not have him in the division unless it's in our backfield. What does everyone think? I would love the idea of Aaron Jones being here

There are a few times you pay running backs.

None of those times is when you have about $3 mill under the cap this year and about $6 mlll next year ... before you even sign your draftees.

None.

We're not going to be getting anyone even mildly expensive next year.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Nope. You don’t pay RBs. Singletary and Moss will be just fine, build that OL. And when Singletary and Moss’ contracts are up, draft another RB in the 3rd round. Rinse and repeat.

I follow this ideology as well, but it always makes me feel for the players. I know that they are well paid for their service, but other positions get past their rookie contracts and are rewarded with a pay increase if they have been moderately successful. RB’s are looked upon as expendable and are fortunate to be paid a small increase under those same terms. I love a good running game, but I would tell my kid to play another position if they were starting to play the game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

There are a few times you pay running backs.

None of those times is when you have about $3 mill under the cap this year and about $6 mlll next year ... before you even sign your draftees.

None.

We're not going to be getting anyone even mildly expensive next year.

Maybe.  They can clear $18.75M by cutting Butler, Jefferson and Matakevich.  If they cut Morse, it's another $4.875M.  Brown is $8.175M.  Addison is $6.225M.  Lee Smith is $2.25M.

Just now, Doc said:

Maybe.  They can clear $18.75M by cutting Butler, Jefferson and Matakevich.  If they cut Morse, it's another $4.875M.  Brown is $8.175M.  Addison is $6.225M.  Lee Smith is $2.25M.

And it will cost almost half those savings to sign him... Never going to happen 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

And it will cost almost half those savings to sign him... Never going to happen 

Sorry, didn't mean to imply they should sign Jones, just that the Bills have ways to create a lot of cap room.  Let someone else do it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Jones is going to get PAID. No way Beane gives a RB a $15MM/yr contract which is what Jones will be looking for. The guy knows that his receiving ability, speed and TD totals make his a unique talent. 

I don't think it will cost $15 million a year to get Jones. That's Ezekiel Elliot money. He's not Ezekiel Elliot but he's very good. I honestly don't think any team will pay him that. I'm thinking more in possibly the $8 to $9 million dollar range on a 4 year deal for him. This offense is a RB away from being exactly where it needs to be

Edited by Buffalo03

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't think it will cost $15 million a year to get Jones. That's Ezekiel Elliot money. He's not Ezekiel Elliot but he's very good. I honestly don't think any team will pay him that. I'm think more in possibly the $8 to $9 million dollar range on a 4 year deal for him. This offense is a RB away from being exactly where it needs to be

I'd say a prominent TE would do the trick :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

Jones is no doubt better than both of our backs, but he will command a very big deal for RB. No way that happens here, Beane is too smart to pay top dollar for the easiest position to draft. I think he gets $12M+ from some poorly managed team.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

That’s a lot of $ and talent. Can’t imagine anyone wanting to cut Brown. The team is significantly better when he plays. I know I know he’s been banged up but he will be back for stretch run and playoffs. 

Good player, but only the dumb teams will sign a RB to a 4 year - $46M deal and I think that's probably what he'll command as a FA.

The Bills are already entering the phase where they're going to hsve to make tough roster decisions due to the cap, and using $10+ M of cap space on  RB is not and should not be in the cards for the Bills.