[Edited Title] Spongebob in "Josh Allen: The Musical" (funny)

Buffalo03

With Allen, you can really see how hard a time pundits have adapting and changing a conclusion that they make about a player early on.

Everyone thought that they knew Allen and exactly what kind of QB he would be in the pro's.   And they just can't let it go.

You could see it directly in the KC game:  Mahomes would make a mistake, and it was just an off play for him.  Allen would make basically the same mistake, and it becomes "there it is!  That's why people aren't buying into this guy...."  It's fairly blatant.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Success said:

With Allen, you can really see how hard a time pundits have adapting and changing a conclusion that they make about a player early on.

Everyone thought that they knew Allen and exactly what kind of QB he would be in the pro's.   And they just can't let it go.

You could see it directly in the KC game:  Mahomes would make a mistake, and it was just an off play for him.  Allen would make basically the same mistake, and it becomes "there it is!  That's why people aren't buying into this guy...."  It's fairly blatant.

It feels like alot of the bad takes are from ex QBs who did not make it in the NFL as a sustained starter.  They look at Allen and think they were better in HS/College so Allen cannot be successful.  Allen being good makes them look and feel worse.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is funny and entertaining (and true), but honestly, I think that Bills fans worry way too much about this stuff.  Nobody else really cares all that much.  Some guys in the media made judgments about Allen and were wrong.  I'm sure they can still sleep at night.  They've moved on.  Most of the national media is pretty high on Allen these days, at least from what I can see.

I should add that I think Allen is the best young QB in the NFL not named Mahomes, regardless what anyone in the media thinks.

Edited by msw2112

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to [Edited Title] Spongebob in "Josh Allen: The Musical" (funny)
25 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Wonder how much of the unfair Allen media criticism is because of him versus because he’s on the Bills (guilty by association)?

I dunno, I think there's a lot on him, but the Bills are part of it.   If he'd been drafted by a team that

1) had a recent track record of successful QB draft/development

and

2) had positioned him to develop better - either given him a year on the bench as KC did for Mahomes, OR given him a better OL and better WR, there would have been less laughter from the media.

In their recent film breakdown on the Chargers game, Nate Geary and Erik Turner (who like Allen and love the Bills) talk about how they were sitting behind Beane and a bunch of Buffalo Scouts at the Senior Bowl, and Allen was practicing the same throw he made to Knox in the endzone.  They said the ball kept sailing 5 feet over the receiver's head.  You could see it at his pro day - Allen struggled worst with "the bunnies", the easy laterals to the RB or the slot guy behind the LOS or short yardage.  Some of the stuff in the media was absolutely real.

On the other hand....some of it was the creation of click-bait crap by analytics outfits like PFF and Football Outsiders.  Pro tip guys, if your stuff was perfect at picking potential franchise QBs for drafting teams, they'd be all queueing up.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:23 PM, Success said:

Yeah, Mahomes let's a ball get away from him and its the weather. Allen let's a ball get away from him and its a flaw he's gotta overcome. Allen has to prove he is consistently good, but at the same time, every mistake doesn't have to be the deciding factor that he is bad either.